R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Quick-adjusting brakes. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/599876-quick-adjusting-brakes.html)

Dwees 02-16-2012 09:58 PM

Quick-adjusting brakes.

This system is suitable for most 1:8 Kyosho, xray, Nanda and all those who have similar systems as KYOSHO Inferno.

Adjusting the brakes can be seen on yoytube. Search: New Easily Brake System

I do not intend to charge for this idea. Those wishing to take part of it can just leave me a message and you will know when I release the pictures and description. But before I show the pictures I have to wait for a response from different manufacturers, if they are interested in my solution. Right now it's a secret, but I want to see how many more than I think it is good if the brakes can be adjusted with the body on. So your reaction is good to know.

"I have for a long time thought that the brakes are difficult to adjust during a race. You must remove the body to adjust the brakes. Then shall you assemble the body and hope that it was perfect. Where it is not good, you get to do it again. You lose time, and good time is what makes you a winner. With the brake I've designed, you only need one tool, and 20 seconds. If you believe that your time should be used for anything except to put brakes relative to the runway surface, then I think you should see the movie. The car in the movie is a Kyosho Inferno 1/8 Nitro with Alpha engine. I've built it all, from the bottom plate to the shock absorber towers. Most are made of aluminum, carbon and titanium.
Only the body is in need to be replaced"

ShadowX 02-16-2012 10:24 PM

Looks cool but the video does not show anything as to how you are going about adjusting your brakes other than using an L wrench. I guess we have to pay loads of money to see how this is done? If this is however a cheap solution then yes I would be interested.

AZRC4Me 02-16-2012 11:07 PM

ok, so what's the system look like, how much does it cost, and where can you buy it? could be a cool idea, but need more info...

drstrangelove 02-17-2012 06:20 AM

Yah, where's the info on this cool break? And can he at least the get video orientation right. :weird::weird:

Dwees 02-17-2012 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by ShadowX (Post 10340681)
Looks cool but the video does not show anything as to how you are going about adjusting your brakes other than using an L wrench. I guess we have to pay loads of money to see how this is done? If this is however a cheap solution then yes I would be interested.

I do not intend to charge for this idea. Those wishing to take part of it can just leave me a message and you will know when I release the pictures and description. But before I show the pictures I have to wait for a response from different manufacturers, if they are interested in my solution. Right now it's a secret, but I want to see how many more than I think it is good if the brakes can be adjusted with the body on. So your reaction is good to know.