R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-16-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,779
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default TD DNX408 on DEEP discount!

$369.99 at A-mains!

New car on the horizon?
__________________
Powered by: MASTERCARD and VISA

If you're in control, you're not driving it fast enough!

XRAY / NOVAROSSI / SANWA / AKA TIRES / BYRON FUEL
ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #2
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,583
Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganymede View Post
$369.99 at A-mains!

New car on the horizon?
No, it's called HRP clearing them out as Hobbico/Great Planes is due to take over within the next month.
__________________
Dealer for Serpent, Intech, Agama, Pro Speed, JQ Products, Tekno
Alpha,Triton, Picco, Reds, Go, Arrow,Bullitt,Beta
Sponsor- Nemo Racing.
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 51
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

so if i had ever thought of purchasing one .. now would be the time?? for the price it's almost hard not to want one but i'm still sitting on the same fence i was 2 months ago looking at new buggies
nitroharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:33 AM   #4
Tech Elite
 
ScottyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Miami OK
Posts: 3,149
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroharry View Post
so if i had ever thought of purchasing one .. now would be the time?? for the price it's almost hard not to want one but i'm still sitting on the same fence i was 2 months ago looking at new buggies
I'm right there with ya. If for no other reasn then to hold onto it until great planes takes over and jacks the price back. I can then under sell Great PLanes and still make some coin..

But, I'd prolly just build it and drive it.. And I need to rebuild my D8, decisions decisions..
__________________
Scott Musgrave
ScottyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #5
Tech Elite
 
ScottyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Miami OK
Posts: 3,149
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg B View Post
No, it's called HRP clearing them out as Hobbico/Great Planes is due to take over within the next month.
I was thinking, if this is the case, then why aren't the DESC410 and DEX410 on sale as well?
__________________
Scott Musgrave
ScottyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:08 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 976
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyM View Post
I was thinking, if this is the case, then why aren't the DESC410 and DEX410 on sale as well?
Because both sell well enough at the original price. That, and HRP probably only has a limited supply of either. Not like the DNX that has been stacking up for many months.
BrakeTurnAccelerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:31 PM   #7
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,583
Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyM View Post
I was thinking, if this is the case, then why aren't the DESC410 and DEX410 on sale as well?
Because HRP is out of them and won't be getting anymore. They will be arriving at Great Planes.
__________________
Dealer for Serpent, Intech, Agama, Pro Speed, JQ Products, Tekno
Alpha,Triton, Picco, Reds, Go, Arrow,Bullitt,Beta
Sponsor- Nemo Racing.
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:35 PM   #8
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Even at $300 I would wait for a newer version. Never have I seen any new buggy hit the track and then disappear as quickly as the 408 and JQ. It's really strange too because their 1/10 stuff is just about as good as it gets.
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #9
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,807
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Even at $300 I would wait for a newer version. Never have I seen any new buggy hit the track and then disappear as quickly as the 408 and JQ. It's really strange too because their 1/10 stuff is just about as good as it gets.
+1 Jaz.
IMO,if it was selling for $100 with free shipping, it still wouldn't be
worth owning.
rageworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #10
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 106
Default

So what is wrong with the two buggies are they to complicated or just not up to the task?
bigmane42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #11
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chambersburg, Pa
Posts: 377
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Kind what I was thinking about agama.
turtletrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:58 PM   #12
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletrax View Post
Kind what I was thinking about agama.
Yes lots of people bought and sold the Agama also. I guess it's one of those driving style preference things but owning a hobby shop I bought kits and parts for all the new buggies as they were released and 2 years later the only one still going strong in sales is Agama. Not saying all the others were not up to par, as I know for a fact that's not true, but in terms of sales and popularity at the tracks around the country Agama is holding its own while most of the other "new releases" are disappearing. Nobody is ever going to come close to Losi, Mugen, AE or Kyosho though.
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:04 PM   #13
Tech Master
 
Rsickles's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southeast USA
Posts: 1,325
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Rsickles
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Nobody is ever going to come close to Losi, Mugen, AE or Kyosho though.
For some reason people enjoy just buying third and fourth generations of the same design.... And while each new version supposedly fixes 'known' problems, it just brings about it's own issues.
Rsickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #14
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chambersburg, Pa
Posts: 377
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

My fear with Durango was parts, hopefully this is a move for the better like it looks to be. I jumped on the deal, with a parts car on back burner I'm not worried about making it through a season. Next year there is sure to be a new flavor that doesn't necessarily do anything better and this car is on par with any in the "getting it done dept" as far as I'm concerned.
turtletrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #15
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Aloha state
Posts: 3,039
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

I think sales are going to be up again once the truggy gets released. I am one of them itching to see the truggy and may keep my buggy around just because of that.
__________________
----Answer RC-USA----Stickit1 Racing----PT Racing Hawaii----808-RC----702 Raceway-----Dialed RC-----
Neesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:26 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net