R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2012, 09:00 AM   #46
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoePit View Post
If there is any truth to the Hobbico being the same as the Hitec 7955 pull the trigger. I beat the hell out of mine, and it is indestructible. Local pro here lost 2 Savox servos in 2 nights this week. I'm not saying they won't work for you, but I rarely here about a 7955 failing.


the CS 170 is a Hitec 5955 NOT a 7955. While still rated for Unregulated It Does not have the G2 Circuity.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #47
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Hitech 7955's all the way! price per quality they cannot be beat, plus they draw much less power than any of the HV servos and work great with direct Lipo Plug in.
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #48
Tech Master
 
sickboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 1,974
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortexted View Post
You know I started doing more reading and now I'm thinking of just dropping the bills on the KO PROPO 30101 and 30100. I like the fact they are using Japanese aluminum that is 30% lighter and %20 stronger then steel.
I have a friend here who only used HiTec 7955 also and he swears by them. I don't like the fact they are only 6v though and their speed specs are a little slow.

Which Savox's are you guys killing through. The lower end models or their high end models like the 2270 and 2274.
smart choice. ko is in a class of their own. nobody else is even close right now.
__________________
Tamiya America www.tamiyausa.com
Team TRF www.teamtrf.com
Pro-Line www.prolineracing.com
818Designs.net - TKO
sickboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:28 AM   #49
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 405
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Anyone know who might have the radio post servos in stock? I have looked all over the Web everyone one is out of stock
gangstacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #50
Tech Master
 
pickle311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,650
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Lots of good servo's out there.

I've run the Savox 1268 with no issues. I had a few 7955's that never gave me an issue. I have a JR 8800T in my box that still works great, but read several post where people were killing them.
I'm now running all KO RSX servos and they are unmatched by anything that has ever touched my hands. In no way shape or form would I recommend that much servo to someone who isn't a serious racer though, it's just not needed.

For what you do, you should be just fine with the Savox. Make sure they are setup correctly and your EPA's are in tune. You can kill the best servo out there if things are out of whack and binding.
Also read up on the issues of Losi and throttle servos. It's a very common problem and I believe they released a new radio tray to address this. I could be wrong though as I'm not a Losi person. I just know they had many issues eating servos and I've seen it happen numerous times.
__________________
Thanks to my sponsors and friends
RC America l Xray l Hudy | Pro-Line |KO Propo | Avid | VP Powermaster
pickle311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #51
Tech Master
 
Rsickles's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southeast USA
Posts: 1,325
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Rsickles
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
the CS 170 is a Hitec 5955 NOT a 7955. While still rated for Unregulated It Does not have the G2 Circuity.
So the 5955 was the predecessor to the 7955, and was eventually phased out, but Hobbico kept it alive as the CS 170 under their brand? The difference is 7955 has new circuitry (I guess handles load better, etc)? Motor different?

What about the 7954? Minus the steel gears, is it the same electronics/motor as the 7955?
Rsickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #52
Tech Master
 
JoePit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,278
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsickles View Post
So the 5955 was the predecessor to the 7955, and was eventually phased out, but Hobbico kept it alive as the CS 170 under their brand? The difference is 7955 has new circuitry (I guess handles load better, etc)? Motor different?

What about the 7954? Minus the steel gears, is it the same electronics/motor as the 7955?
My 7954 just failed after 3 months of service. I was using it for throttle/brake. My 7955 which I took out out of another vehicle continues to run strong as a steering servo. I've seen 2 different 7954's die in the past 2 months. 1 was a friend of mines which took a poop 1st day out. I'm not sure they are the same quality as the 7955's which I never hear anything about failures.
__________________
Joe Pitruzzello AKA Joe Pit
Losi 8ight B 3.0|Losi 8ight T 3.0|Losi SCT Nitro|Radiopost|Red Rock Hobbies
www.redrockhobbies.com
Fear Farm Raceway
JoePit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #53
Tech Master
 
mikesd1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NE, Pa
Posts: 1,281
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

I been running the 7955's for a few years. I have some that just went thats 2 years old. Been looking into servo's. They say the 7954(Steel Gear Train (MK first gear) is the same as 7955 (Titanium Gear Train (MK first gear) but I keep hearing the 7954 dont last and I wonder why the 7954 is only 79.99 and 7955 119.00 if they are"the same". I run LiFe packs and Im just thinking about sticking with what I know, the 7955.......
__________________
Mike Diggs
Agama USA buggy
Agama USA Ebuggy - Airtronics M12
Agama A8T Truggy - Hobbyprousa -NemoRacing
"Our perception and attitude toward any situation will determine the outcome"
mikesd1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:22 PM   #54
Tech Master
 
Rsickles's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southeast USA
Posts: 1,325
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Rsickles
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesd1980 View Post
I been running the 7955's for a few years. I have some that just went thats 2 years old. Been looking into servo's. They say the 7954(Steel Gear Train (MK first gear) is the same as 7955 (Titanium Gear Train (MK first gear) but I keep hearing the 7954 dont last and I wonder why the 7954 is only 79.99 and 7955 119.00 if they are"the same". I run LiFe packs and Im just thinking about sticking with what I know, the 7955.......
It's also interesting how the 7954 is significantly cheaper than the other HV Hitec's... 7950, 7945, 7940.

Could the 7954 have the same electrics as the cheaper 5955/CS 170???
Rsickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #55
Tech Master
 
mikesd1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NE, Pa
Posts: 1,281
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsickles View Post
It's also interesting how the 7954 is significantly cheaper than the other HV Hitec's... 7950, 7945, 7940.

Could the 7954 have the same electrics as the cheaper 5955/CS 170???
http://www.hitecrcd.com/products/dig...l/not-set.html

http://www.hitecrcd.com/products/dig...hs-7955tg.html

The numbers are the same. I just dont know why the 7954 is cheaper if hitec is comparing it to the 7955.
__________________
Mike Diggs
Agama USA buggy
Agama USA Ebuggy - Airtronics M12
Agama A8T Truggy - Hobbyprousa -NemoRacing
"Our perception and attitude toward any situation will determine the outcome"
mikesd1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:00 PM   #56
Tech Master
 
Rsickles's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southeast USA
Posts: 1,325
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Rsickles
Default

Talked to the good folks at Hitec.

The 7955 has different circuitry AND motor than the 5955 (Cs-170). The 5955 was not hi-res or had the G2 circuitry like the 7955.

The 7954 has a different gear set, different motor, and different circuitry than 7955.

Essentially the 7954 is a completely different servo than the 7955. I am betting the torque ratings are just estimates from the engineers, because the 5955 was never as strong as they said. So aside from similar ratings at 6v, they are all different.
Rsickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:10 PM   #57
Tech Master
 
nitroexpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsickles View Post
Talked to the good folks at Hitec.

The 7955 has different circuitry AND motor than the 5955 (Cs-170). The 5955 was not hi-res or had the G2 circuitry like the 7955.

The 7954 has a different gear set, different motor, and different circuitry than 7955.

Essentially the 7954 is a completely different servo than the 7955. I am betting the torque ratings are just estimates from the engineers, because the 5955 was never as strong as they said. So aside from similar ratings at 6v, they are all different.
http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/items/HS7954SH.html

Watch this video. It is a real world test of the 7954. BTW, the specs state that it has the G2 circuitry.
nitroexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #58
Tech Champion
 
bigjayjay1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,605
Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoePit View Post
If there is any truth to the Hobbico being the same as the Hitec 7955 pull the trigger. I beat the hell out of mine, and it is indestructible. Local pro here lost 2 Savox servos in 2 nights this week. I'm not saying they won't work for you, but I rarely here about a 7955 failing.
Their 5955 not 7955
__________________
TEAM: SERPENT AMERICA DRIVER -ADVANTAGE RACING PRODUCTS-COMPETITION HEAT INC - HOBBYPRO, VPPRO - BCE-
Serpent: 811N, 811T, 811E
bigjayjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #59
Tech Master
 
Rsickles's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southeast USA
Posts: 1,325
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Rsickles
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroexpress View Post
BTW, the specs state that it has the G2 circuitry.
G2 is just what Hitec calls their new programmable high res stuff. The board/wiring/chips/mofset/circuitry/whatever you want to call would still be different.
Rsickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #60
Tech Lord
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,500
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroexpress View Post
http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/items/HS7954SH.html

Watch this video. It is a real world test of the 7954. BTW, the specs state that it has the G2 circuitry.
Nice video.
__________________
- X-Ray/ RC America Team Driver - MKS -
- XB8 - XB8T - XB8 E - OS Spec III - B2102 - 4PXR -
~ SSC ~ Godfather ~ Ironman ~ ButterySmooth ~
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to 1/10 Nitro TC - Advice Please Micro-E Nitro On-Road 10 07-16-2010 01:13 PM
B44 ESC/RX layout advice please MER Electric Off-Road 13 07-16-2010 06:14 AM
servo advice for a buggy? hugh_b Nitro Off-Road 25 11-03-2008 05:51 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:03 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net