R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Cool...it was recommended to me by a member of this forum that the Futaba S9157 Digital servo may be a great choice for the steering servo in my st-rr EVO.
I noticed that Amain does not carry them but tower has them. I may pick up one of these and just use my Futaba S9351 servo for the throttle.
Any opinions on the S9157? 425 ounces of torque is plenty I think this would be a wise choice.
ShadowX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:50 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowX View Post
Cool...it was recommended to me by a member of this forum that the Futaba S9157 Digital servo may be a great choice for the steering servo in my st-rr EVO.
I noticed that Amain does not carry them but tower has them. I may pick up one of these and just use my Futaba S9351 servo for the throttle.
Any opinions on the S9157? 425 ounces of torque is plenty I think this would be a wise choice.
that servo is great... havent ran it in the Kyosho though I went to SAVOX.
one thing I had to do with it in my previous car is trim the tray it is a slightly larger servo. the Kyosho may be fine but not sure
fast for an old guy
Mo Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:01 AM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Just received the Futaba S9157 servo and I had to use the dremel to widen the area on the servo tray so that it could fit in there...but besides that I am amazed by how fast this servo is especially considering how much torque this servo has...it has plenty.
Anyway I have been on the road with my job but am back and have plenty of down time to finally complete my Kyosho ST-RR Evo and start riding and racing it.
I ordered the M2C6074 clutch kit and was wondering if I should be using a different clutch bell. I am assembling the clutch right now actually which was super easy to put together running the aluminum shoes that came with the kit and for now I am just using 4 1.0 springs which I may change up once it is broken in.
I am using the Kyosho 13T clutchbell that came with the Kyosho kit my question is...should I be running a different brand clutch bell or should the Kyosho (same one that comes with the MP9 kit as well) be a nice match for the M2C6074 clutch kit/flywheel.
Thanks in advance.
ShadowX is offline   Reply With Quote