R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-09-2012, 02:34 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Please can you help identify....

Hi Guys,

Im new here to these forums - been getting myself back into RC cars and have a Kyosho Pureten 4WD Focus which I bought stripped and restored. I love that car but fancied something off-roadie too :-)

So last night I bought a buggy cheap because it needs some love and attention - its complete but in a real mess. Thing is, i dont know what it is, and the guy i bought it off can't remember as its been stored in his shed for a while! So can anyone help?

I can/will upload photos later but what I know for now is...

It's a 4wd 1/10 nitro buggy. I beleive its a Traxxas as there is a Traxxas sticker under the rear wing :-) It has a white body with decals all over, down the sides it says 'Pirate'. The chassis is built around a blue anodised plate. The suspension mounts are also blue annodised. The engine (looks fairly big) looks to be a Thunder Tiger from the emblem on the side. The engine mounts on the rear left-hand-side of the chassis, with the radio receiver etc on the right hand rear. The fuel tank is mounted on the right hand side near the front just behind the two servos which are mounted side by side. It has a 'stumpy' front end - which has no front bumper. Wheels are the same size front and rear and are white 3 spoke wheels.

I can't find any pictures of similar buggies on Google images - and im a bit stumped :-)

Thanks for any help or advice!

Psinic.
Psinic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:47 AM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Pics would be a great help!
phippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #3
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psinic View Post
Hi Guys,

Im new here to these forums - been getting myself back into RC cars and have a Kyosho Pureten 4WD Focus which I bought stripped and restored. I love that car but fancied something off-roadie too :-)

So last night I bought a buggy cheap because it needs some love and attention - its complete but in a real mess. Thing is, i dont know what it is, and the guy i bought it off can't remember as its been stored in his shed for a while! So can anyone help?

I can/will upload photos later but what I know for now is...

It's a 4wd 1/10 nitro buggy. I beleive its a Traxxas as there is a Traxxas sticker under the rear wing :-) It has a white body with decals all over, down the sides it says 'Pirate'. The chassis is built around a blue anodised plate. The suspension mounts are also blue annodised. The engine (looks fairly big) looks to be a Thunder Tiger from the emblem on the side. The engine mounts on the rear left-hand-side of the chassis, with the radio receiver etc on the right hand rear. The fuel tank is mounted on the right hand side near the front just behind the two servos which are mounted side by side. It has a 'stumpy' front end - which has no front bumper. Wheels are the same size front and rear and are white 3 spoke wheels.

I can't find any pictures of similar buggies on Google images - and im a bit stumped :-)

Thanks for any help or advice!

Psinic.
nitroexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #4
Tech Apprentice

Search for OFNA pirate
Old 02-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

Hi guys,

Thanks - I have found it. Its a HoBao Pirate! Now to strip it, clean it and restore it!
Psinic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #6
Tech Master

OFNA

nitroexpress is offline   Reply With Quote