R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-06-2012, 01:35 AM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I already have charger from electric lipo and transmitter but happy to upgrade. I am not totally new with gear but upgrading is about due. That is where the losi appeals and I can sell my old gear. Or go xray and slowly build while gathering good motor and gear.
galaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:59 PM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (97%+)

Ive driven a box stock 2.0 rtr and it felt really good, and it was on a really really dry track and had stock tires on it that were 50% wore.. it actually still felt really good and it was really controllable even with the stock servos. Most people just eventually put the steering servo on throttle and get a good new steering servo. That and tires and you would be set besides the essential nitro stuff. If you wanted a kit now i would go with losi. And isnt xray coming out with a new buggy? Get the 2.0 and learn the ropes then sell that as a roller and use that money to pay for some of the new xray when it comes out and youd just need to transfer all the electronics/motor/servos over and youd be racing your xray
charlesandstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:29 AM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Well I bought a xray 808 and am currently putting it together. Now need to decide on a engine and currently looking at the fusions. Will be awhile before it is on the track. I still want the losi for curiosity but am happy my money is going towards the xray. But the money is only just beginning I think!!
galaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:53 AM   #19
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaga View Post
Well I bought a xray 808 and am currently putting it together. Now need to decide on a engine and currently looking at the fusions. Will be awhile before it is on the track. I still want the losi for curiosity but am happy my money is going towards the xray. But the money is only just beginning I think!!
My advice if this is your first nitro engine, don't spend a ton of money. I like most guys I have seen, trashed my first engine pretty quickly learning how to tune and not tune. I think my first engine made it 3 or 4 gallons, since then I can't get them to die.