R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-05-2012, 03:08 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Car RTR 250 initiation

Hello. Wanted to buy a nitro car, but am new to these things do not quite know what to choose ...

So I'm watching these:
HPI Trophy 3.5 RTR 2.4 Ghz
HoBao Hyper 7 TQ 21 RTR 2.4GHz

If you know of any more say in the price.

My investment is 300 but 250 for the car and the remaining 50 for the nitro and the pipe, sailing etc ...

I'm Portuguese, sorry for my english.
flv1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:28 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Welcome to RCTech. I assume 300 English Pounds would be enough to buy the Kyosho Neo buggy RTR http://viewitem.eim.ebay.pt/Kyosho-I...927980536/item
It is based on the legendary MP7.5 for where lots of aftermarket and spares are available.
Also the Hyper is in your budget: http://viewitem.eim.ebay.pt/HoBao-Hy...261756107/item
For these there are no needs for seperate pipes, engines, radio since it is included they are state of the art cars. These 2 cars are a good choice for somebody who is starting in the nitro scene.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:04 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I would actually reccomend buying the Hyper, as parts support is a must in R/C. Kyosho parts are very hard to come accross, and as a beginner, it is not a matter of IF you will break parts, it's a matter of WHEN you will break parts. Good luck with your first nitro!
Old 02-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #4
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by samlax77 View Post
I would actually reccomend buying the Hyper, as parts support is a must in R/C. Kyosho parts are very hard to come accross, and as a beginner, it is not a matter of IF you will break parts, it's a matter of WHEN you will break parts. Good luck with your first nitro!
Thank's dude. I was thinking about the hpi (250) in store apexmodels is within the value.

There is something in the market better?

I do not care for online compartment. Apexmdels The store is very good in price. this car costs 350 in Portugal, approximately 300 pounds

in tuning. is very difficult to tune? 1st time to ride.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:48 PM   #5
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by flv1991 View Post
Thank's dude. I was thinking about the hpi (250) in store apexmodels is within the value.

There is something in the market better?

I do not care for online compartment. Apexmdels The store is very good in price. this car costs 350 in Portugal, approximately 300 pounds

in tuning. is very difficult to tune? 1st time to ride.
Tunings a challenge, and always will be no matter how good you are at it. If you don't want constant maintenence and having to spend more time tuning than running, don't go nitro. It's fun but it's also a pain. Honestly I would reccomend buying from amainhobbies.com, even if you have to convert the money via paypal. It is by far the cheapest website to buy from, and has some of the best customer service I have ever had. But Hyper or Associated will be your two best price starts for the RTR versions. If you have any questions on buying electric instead, shoot me a PM, I would be more than happy to help a fellow techer a hand in choosing the right product.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #6
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by samlax77 View Post
Tunings a challenge, and always will be no matter how good you are at it. If you don't want constant maintenence and having to spend more time tuning than running, don't go nitro. It's fun but it's also a pain. Honestly I would reccomend buying from amainhobbies.com, even if you have to convert the money via paypal. It is by far the cheapest website to buy from, and has some of the best customer service I have ever had. But Hyper or Associated will be your two best price starts for the RTR versions. If you have any questions on buying electric instead, shoot me a PM, I would be more than happy to help a fellow techer a hand in choosing the right product.
this store is good. but I can not buy there. as the U.S., my country has customs control and will pay very high rates, if a store of origin UK has no problem because it is the European union.

The fun part of nitro rc's it. tune the car to reach the perfect tuning. is like a mechanic with your car change up to be perfect.

between the HoBao Hyper 7 TQ Black Edition and RTR HoBao Hyper 7 TQ RTR which is better? only is the painting? or has something different?
Old 02-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #7
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by flv1991 View Post
this store is good. but I can not buy there. as the U.S., my country has customs control and will pay very high rates, if a store of origin UK has no problem because it is the European union.

The fun part of nitro rc's it. tune the car to reach the perfect tuning. is like a mechanic with your car change up to be perfect.

between the HoBao Hyper 7 TQ Black Edition and RTR HoBao Hyper 7 TQ RTR which is better? only is the painting? or has something different?
They sure sound the same. Try to make sure there is 2.4 on them, run-aways are more likely on AM radios. But remember, the kit says RTR, but you will still probably need a glow ignitor, fuel, and a receiver pack. Choose the paint scheme you like! But nitros are more than just tuning....I mean I think I have a checklist somewhere that takes up two pages. I'm not going to lie to you, it is a straight up pain in the ass, and if you are just starting in R/C, and ESPECIALLY if there's no pro around to help, do not go the nitro route. I had to learn it the hard way. But if you have your heart set on it go for it.