Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good buggy for bashing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 07:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Good buggy or truggy for bashing?

Hey guys, thinking about picking up another buggy soon just to bash with. I will be buying used. Looking to spend no more than $140 or so for a decent roller, and id like to have something that parts are easy to get for, and that is pretty durable. Ill probably be running the ebay badland knockoff tires as i have had good luck with them in the past and they work well for where ill be running. I may sell my jato to buy some things for the buggy since it'll be fast and be easier to run.

Here are some i know are contenders.

- Hot bodies D8
- Ofna Hyper 7
- Jammin X1
- Ofna Ultra LX1 (newer version)

Expanded this to truggy now as well. What are some good ones for this?

- Thunder Tiger ST-1 - Not a big race truggy, but tough a reliable?
- Hot Bodies D8T - Not sure it'll fit my price range
- Mugen MBX5t - Can find them easily, but I have heard the parts for them are drying up

What are some good budget truggies?

Im open to other suggestions. If i can find a D8 reasonable, seems like that might be the best(buggy) of the bunch. The others should be good bashers as well though. Dont know what engine ill run, but id like to maybe end up with a bump start .21 argus or similar? Suggestions, and opinions? Thanks

Eric

Last edited by Cummins Driver; 02-01-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Sorry I know you're asking for buggy options, but I would seriously consider getting a truggy instead if all you are going to do is have some fun and bash. They are a hell of a lot more stable especially on grass and in parks (from what I have seen and experienced). Also depending on your setup you will get more runtime with their bigger tanks. D8T would be worth looking at. Just a thought.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cummins Driver
Hey guys, thinking about picking up another buggy soon just to bash with. I will be buying used. Looking to spend no more than $120 or so for a decent roller, and id like to have something that parts are easy to get for, and that is pretty durable. Ill probably be running the ebay badland knockoff tires as i have had good luck with them in the past and they work well for where ill be running. I may sell my jato to buy some things for the buggy since it'll be fast and be easier to run.

Here are some i know are contenders.

- Hot bodies D8
- Ofna Hyper 7
- Jammin X1
- Ofna Ultra LX1 (newer version)

Im open to other suggestions. If i can find a D8 reasonable, seems like that might be the best of the bunch. The others should be good bashers as well though. Dont know what engine ill run, but id like to maybe end up with a bump start .21 argus or similar? Suggestions, and opinions? Thanks

Eric
Yeah....think the D8 would be your best bet...it can hang with the mix...
Old 02-01-2012, 07:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have thought about a truggy, but think id rather have a buggy for now. I already have some MT's for the rough stuff. The buggy should handle most terrain pretty well, its more compact for when i go places, they dont need as much engine, the clutch takes less beating, and tires are cheaper as well
Old 02-01-2012, 08:39 AM
Tech Champion

get a truggy for bashing..... a MT is not a Truggy..... till you get a truggy you just won't understand........ ! Buggies suck for bashing IMHO.....
Old 02-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Never said an MT was a truggy

I have had 3 buggies and they have all been a lot of fun for bashing.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:41 AM
Tech Champion

Never said an MT was a truggy

I have had 3 buggies and they have all been a lot of fun for bashing.
So you have 3 buggies, and you want a 4th before you want to buy a Truggy ? you really really do not like truggies ! LOL ......... But if you were after a solid truggy this forum has some great guys to deal with to buy a used one from.....
Old 02-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

I HAVE HAD 3 buggies (all at different times). In other words, they arent mine anymore

I havent ruled out a truggy. Not looking to buy just yet anyways. Gonna sell some things first.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:44 AM
Tech Champion

I HAVE HAD 3 buggies (all at different times). In other words, they arent mine anymore

I havent ruled out a truggy. Not looking to buy just yet anyways. Gonna sell some things first.
You can find some good deals in the classifieds here...
Old 02-01-2012, 09:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ok, lets expand this thread.

What are some good basher buggies AND truggies that fall into a price range of, lets say $140 and under used. I know i can find buggies for that. Truggies may be a little more, not sure.

So what are some decent quality truggies that dont break the bank used and that you can find parts for easily?
Old 02-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Since the XB9 is coming out, I bet you can find a good deal on a XRay 808 2010...and some are 2010/2011 conversions here in the next month or two. I drive one now and have to say its pretty durable.

Truggy....I would look for a Losi 8T 1.0 race roller. Probably in your price range now, and pretty sweet for a basher!
Old 02-01-2012, 07:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks! I will keep my eye open.

I also really like the Associated RC8 (i like associated stuff), just seems they are a little harder to find.

Still leaning towards a buggy at this point.....

Last edited by Cummins Driver; 02-01-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Confusing buggy then truggy then buggy and truggy
Old 02-09-2012, 07:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I had an Ofna LX-1 that I tried to race. Not good for racing, but it was fun to beat on. With the .28 that came stock, it was way too overpowered. Probably get an RTR for under 3 bills now. Only issue was the f/r diff ring gears. You should get the hardened steel ones. Stock ones are cast and don't hold up. The stock tires were awesome for bashing and lasted forever.