R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut
Questions?? HPI Firestorm 10T?

Hey guys,

I've been thinking about getting a cheap 2wd ST to play around with once and while without stressing too much about maintenance, breakage, etc. Could anyone who has owned a Firestorm 10T please comment on how you found the truck overall?
Old 01-28-2012, 11:30 PM   #2
Tech Rookie

I owned a 10t for a short time before falling out of the hobby for a little. Overall I'd say it was a good truck. The clutch went out on mine, so that was fairly frustrating until I figured out what was causing me problems. I didn't bash it too hard, but nothing broke on it from the actual driving/bashing. However, I don't have much to compare it too at all. Still, I'd say its a good buy for the price.
1ne8ighty2wo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:35 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The firestorm is a nice truck and is built pretty nice. I only broke a couple things on mine. Think i got the front bulkhead maybe? from running into a tree at 10mph or so. Then I also had clutch problems with it which was a pain, but for $12 you can put a nice aluminum clutch in it and forget it. I personally didnt like the engine. Just didnt run as well as i thought it should and the LSN was about impossible to get to because of the transmission positioning. I did enjoy the truck though, and i got it used so maybe my engine wasnt the best?

I will say that i have a jato now that i picked up used and i love it. Its a rocket and i have yet to break anything on it except for tearing up the body and grinding the rear body posts off twice