Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Help me buy parts for an 8ight 1.0 >

Help me buy parts for an 8ight 1.0

Help me buy parts for an 8ight 1.0

Old 02-26-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Help me buy parts for an 8ight 1.0

I picked up a 1.0 roller this week. I want to put in an order tomorrow from Amainhobbies to complete it. I'd like some advise on a few parts I'm not sure about.

Radio and receiver: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...o-w-S200-Servo

OR

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...203GF-Receiver

Throttle servo: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ium-Gear-Servo

I have a Spektrum Z590 for the steering servo now. opinions?

Battery pack:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...er-Pack-IB1600

The engine is a Jammin JPX .28. There was no pipe or mainifold. I have an extra pipe that came with extra parts for my Kyosho. I assume it's decent. Would I need a specific manifold?
The engine takes turbo plugs. What plug should I run? I emailed the guy to find out what % nitro he was running. So far, havent heard back. Otherwise I plan on running 25%.

If I still have room, I'd like to possibly get a new starter box. What is a good box that is somewhat universal? I have an old RC10GT and MP777 that use an old OFNA box I have but it would be nice to be able to use them all on 1.

ANY help is appreciated. I'm trying to stay on budget but could possibly spend a little extra for a serious increase in reliability
Old 02-27-2012, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bansh88
I picked up a 1.0 roller this week. I want to put in an order tomorrow from Amainhobbies to complete it. I'd like some advise on a few parts I'm not sure about.

Radio and receiver: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...o-w-S200-Servo

OR

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...203GF-Receiver

Throttle servo: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ium-Gear-Servo

I have a Spektrum Z590 for the steering servo now. opinions?

Battery pack:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...er-Pack-IB1600

The engine is a Jammin JPX .28. There was no pipe or mainifold. I have an extra pipe that came with extra parts for my Kyosho. I assume it's decent. Would I need a specific manifold?
The engine takes turbo plugs. What plug should I run? I emailed the guy to find out what % nitro he was running. So far, havent heard back. Otherwise I plan on running 25%.

If I still have room, I'd like to possibly get a new starter box. What is a good box that is somewhat universal? I have an old RC10GT and MP777 that use an old OFNA box I have but it would be nice to be able to use them all on 1.

ANY help is appreciated. I'm trying to stay on budget but could possibly spend a little extra for a serious increase in reliability
Want to buy a few parts for the car? Wing, body, tuned flex chassis? Rear shock bodies? + few other misc things like clutch parts.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

As far as starter box, the Mugen box is nice.

Plug, not sure if it is standard or turbo. Turbo plug just get an OS P3 or P4. Standard plug, Odonnell 99, RB/nova #6.

I would put that savox servo on the steering. You probably want to get a beefier high torque throttle servo. Not sure on the specs of the spektrum servo.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Checked the plug. It's currently a P6 as I recall.
The guy said he ran Savox, so that's what I'll go with again. Going with a high speed and a standard. No high torgue in standard size that fit my budget.
The Kyosho 2.0 starter box sounded best for my needs from the descrtiption. id like to run 3 diffrent cars on it.
Decided to go for a full, new pipe. Dynamite Platinum 053 was reccomended for the Jammin JPX .28 engine that's on it.

** this topic is a spin off from a previous about a roller I picked up. Besides electronics, pipe and radio/receiver car is done. unless someone can point out something great. Amain doesnt seem to have mud flaps for it.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Radio is going to be what feels good in your hand....try some at your local hobby shop or from friends if possible. If you go the Futaba route, I'd recommend the 3PL over the 3PRKA if possible.

The Spektrum servo is junk. Those servos are known to go quickly, especially on the 1.0 on throttle. I'd get a Savox for Steering AND Throttle if you an afford to....or do Savox on steering and Spektrum on throttle until you can afford another or the Spektrum dies (Spektrum will probably die first).

The Jammin engines are Piccos and run at their best with Picco plugs. The .28 runs well with a Picco P5 Hot plug (expensive and hard to find) or Picco P6 Medium plug, but also works well with an O.S. P4 plug or O.S. P3 plug. (note the P ratings are different for different manufacturers)

Run it with 30% Nitro. Many engine manufacturers say they recommend 25%, but 25% is rarely sold in the U.S. -- you'll normally find people running 30% in their race engines and 20% in some RTR engines.

Regarding pipes, that is a key component in your engine's performance/tuning/runtime/etc. Give it a try with what you've got, but you may want to replace that if there are issues. Dynamite 053 is a good value, and you get the header and pipe.

Unfortunately, there are not any starter boxes that you can easily run multiple cars on. You'll have to change the 'peg' setup for each chassis. Most people have a box for each car.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

Cool. I'm on board with everything you just said.
One thing thats worrying me is the servo horn for the steering arm. The car does no have one. Ive had issues with servo splines not fitting horns in the past. Savox and Futaba is supposed to be the same but sometimes I see 25t listed as something specific.

As soon as my tax refund gets deposited into account, i'm sending off this cart.
I've been brewing my own 25% by mixing 20/30 nitro. Bit of a hassle but it makes me feel good.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:25 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

the newer futaba and savox servo horns are the same. i reccomend racer edge horns.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

I'm looking at the Kyosho 2.0 starter box. Amain only mentions 2, 7v stick batteries for it. Will a standard 12v gel battery work?
State refund came, now just waiting ont that federal! Wanna have all ducks in a line to hit "order" ASAP. been staring and modding my cart since Sunday
Old 03-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bansh88
I'm looking at the Kyosho 2.0 starter box. Amain only mentions 2, 7v stick batteries for it. Will a standard 12v gel battery work?
State refund came, now just waiting ont that federal! Wanna have all ducks in a line to hit "order" ASAP. been staring and modding my cart since Sunday
Probably not, most starter boxes today use stick packs. Some older huge ofna boxes used 12v gel cells.