R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-01-2012, 02:54 AM   #16
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I agree with Eivind E 100% , I bought my son a rtr from the LHS and let's just say that my son now knows a lot more swear words than pre-car days. I then set about doing some research and found a local company that imports the GO engines and bought one from them as well as getting them to put the new engine onto the car and set it up. Since then we now have a car that starts when it should and GO's (pun intended) like a rocket.
dino911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zao18 View Post
There's a big "if" to that statement. The Ten T's starter gear assembly is notorious for failing, since the gears have plastic teeth (the sheer number of complaints on this in the Losi forum is somewhat staggering). If those teeth crack, then your day of racing is over, since you can no longer even start the thing. However, the platform itself is very tough and fun to drive. I'd personally recommend the Losi 810 buggy over the Ten T. It's the exact same platform, though it has 1/8 buggy tires, and has a pullstart engine. It's the same engine though, and I have found the Losi 3.4 engine very easy to start and holds a tune great. The 810 is also cheaper than then Ten T, somewhere around $300-350, though that's mainly because the Ten T has a better radio.
I got the Ten when it launched and have had excellent results with it. Although Ive had to replace a gear in the starter as well as a owb, its a great truggy. The 810 is also an excellent choice as well.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #18
Tech Initiate

Well, I don't race my Ten T; is there even a class for it? I have had it for over a year and have not had any issues with the starter. It's funny how some just assume that if the nitro car has an electric starter then it is bound to have problems; nothing but BS. I have NEVER had any issues with the starter on any of my Traxxas vehicles or my Ten T, but, then again, I take care of my expensive RC equipment. I don't baby my nitro cars when I run them, but I also don't do stupid things with them either. I run them like they were meant to be run and maintain them like they were meant to be maintained.
Chucksolo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:23 PM   #19
Tech Apprentice

What about the losi 2.0 rtr. It looks like with a few upgrades it could very competitive. you get a nice radio and bump box. I was thinking of going this route.
Rapala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #20
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

From what I hear, it's pretty competitive out of the box would be an excellent choice to get started in racing. With awesome aftermarket support as well as factory hop-up support you will be able to upgrade as you progress and find deficiencies.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:38 PM   #21
Tech Adept

DONT WAST YOUR MONEY BUYING CHEAP!!!

If someone had told me that in the first place i would have saved my self a ton of money. ANYONE in this hobby can tell you that once you get a car, you want to get a bigger and badder one! So dont wast your money buying a bad car.

I recommend buying a nice kit and then buy a crappy engine that you mind screwing up while you learn how to drive and tune the engine.

my first car was a waste of a car in a traxxas nitro. sucked, pain in the azz, never ran right.
EatYoLegs is offline   Reply With Quote