Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
running pro and sportsman??? >

running pro and sportsman???

running pro and sportsman???

Old 01-23-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default running pro and sportsman???

what do you guys think of someone running pro and sportsman at the same event with the same buggy? I have mixed feelings on it and i would like to hear yours.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If it is not the same person driving it what's the difference?

Is that what you are talking about? I seen this over the weekend: father/son.

Costs for this hobby are not for everyone and if entry fees are being paid for both classes, turn marshaling being done. It is ok by me
Old 01-23-2012, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

If you run pro then you run pro. vise versa.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

If it's the same person you mean? If they're sandbagging sportsman with easy wins or podium finishes, then it might be a problem. But what if they're on the verge of jumping to pro? Maybe they want a few races of overlap. Does that make it okay?

------

Racers cried over having one sanctioning body govern racers and races to put rules on this sort of topic... welcome to one of the many negatives with that choice made.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by willbe
If it is not the same person driving it what's the difference?

Is that what you are talking about? I seen this over the weekend: father/son.

Costs for this hobby are not for everyone and if entry fees are being paid for both classes, turn marshaling being done. It is ok by me
In this case it was same driver and buggy. I think he was in the pro c and won the sportsman a.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Running Pro and sportsman is a big no no. Now running pro and open is completely a different story. But pro and sportsman, that's sandbagging at its finest up in your face finger waving.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Why would someone want to run pro and sportsman. If your pro fast then only pro. If your intermediate speed but around mid and want to run pro go for it. I dont know anyone running 2 diffrent levels on same class but i know a few guys who run pro because they dont like to be hacked. But theres somthing defanitly wrong with someone running pro and sporto in same day. Either way ur in someones way or making people very upset then that leads to being a unliked person at the track. Honestly if you want to run 2 levels run pro truggy(since its normally easier/faster) and intermediate buggy(being the harder of the 2). But if your winning go pro in both. Hope this makes sence. Just to make it easy doing this is a bad idea. If your not getting track time practice or club rce more. I know at a large event track time isn't much but everyone gets about the same depending on mains length.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

correct that is a big no no.. why was this not brought up durring the event? why did the crcrc allow this? hope someone from the crcrc group can give us the answers.. jeremy
Old 01-23-2012, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

Right or wrong, I think it creates an unequal advantage for both classes he is racing in Pro and sportsman class. He is getting twice as much track time (your track time is always very limited and any large event) vs the competition, not to mention being able to tweak his set up in his sportsman run to help in Pro Class.

Last edited by Ramirez24; 01-23-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Regular

it was brought up to the directors by more than one driver. answer was "he is totally not sponsored and can run sportsman if he chooses to".
Old 01-23-2012, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ohiofordfan
it was brought up to the directors by more than one driver. answer was "he is totally not sponsored and can run sportsman if he chooses to".
So this actually happen? Where did this person place? Just curious no names just want to know how he done.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
So this actually happen? Where did this person place? Just curious no names just want to know how he done.
somewhere in the c in pro and tq and win sportsman
Old 01-23-2012, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Out of 58 pro buggies he qualified 24th and finished 3rd in the c main which means 23rd overall. He won the sportsman class.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ohiofordfan
somewhere in the c in pro and tq and win sportsman
Not cool should have bumped him up after tq depending on times.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:39 PM
Tech Prophet

Oh boy this is the samething i was hearing from others at a outdoor offroad track i raced at for most of the season its not the first time ethier with should this certain person be running in the sportsman 1/8 scale classes

Here gos it is the race directors responsiblity to move the person up to a pro class if they are running the same laps in as the pro class . But you cant make somebody move into a class there not comfortble with . I raced in a sportsman truggy class for about two seasons and i did not feel confortble intill later into the 2011 season. Where i felt i was running the same laps and my driving improved so i moved myself into a Pro truggy class and felt i got faster by doing it.

I was mentioning to guys that maybe the next season there shouldnt be a sportsman 1/8 scale because for one i got tried of hearing about the sandbagging yea yea and most tracks dont do sportsman clases. But if i was running a second class for instance a 1/8 Buggy whould i jump right into a pro buggy class no because i whould want to get used to the buggy.

I not so sure about not having a sportsman class because i felt that it whould brush off newbies maybe not though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.