R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #46
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,194
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miniracer23 View Post
I don't completely agree with that rule. There are a number of racers who have sponsorships, not cause they are fast, but cause they know the right people. I myself wouldn't even be able to afford to race if I didn't have a little help. I did recently start running pro because I figured it was time to.
When I started racing there wasnt even a sportsman class to run.If we went to big races you ran with everybody else.Can most people run with the pros,no.But you learn the cars and how to be a better driver and get faster.I agree with the rule,if you have a chassis,or fuel sponsor you run in the pro.It doesnt matter where you finish this hobby is just for fun for most of us.I just feel if you deserve a sponsorship then it should be from running in the pro class.
__________________
David Osborne,
Nemoracing usa
Gofast hobbies,West Virginia hobbies
Amain Hobbies
Fioroni usa
xxxntwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:47 PM   #47
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Richmond, Ky
Posts: 1,069
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxntwv View Post
When I started racing there wasnt even a sportsman class to run.If we went to big races you ran with everybody else.Can most people run with the pros,no.But you learn the cars and how to be a better driver and get faster.I agree with the rule,if you have a chassis,or fuel sponsor you run in the pro.It doesnt matter where you finish this hobby is just for fun for most of us.I just feel if you deserve a sponsorship then it should be from running in the pro class.
I would be all for doing away with it period. As a matter of fact when we do our offroad program this summer it will not be offered. I for one have no interest in policing it, plus it just divides everything up. Many of my buddies recall when the midwest race had no such thing, and they enjoyed seeing how many mains they improved from year to year.
__________________
www.coyotehobbies.com-Owner
Brian Alderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:09 PM   #48
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 991
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Yep, there is no need for pro, open, expert, sportsman, why can we all just run 1/8 off road nitro buggy class? isn't what quall's are for? to get you to run with same skill level racers?
__________________
Rui Almeida
Hamilton, Ontario
CANADA
I am not sponsored, these are the products I chose to support.
Serpent SRX8, Sanwa M11s, Sanwa SRX-BX servos, Picco 5TB
RAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:24 PM   #49
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlmeida View Post
Yep, there is no need for pro, open, expert, sportsman, why can we all just run 1/8 off road nitro buggy class? isn't what quall's are for? to get you to run with same skill level racers?
I agree 100%. The only problem is you get a lot of people who whine and cry cause they don't want to be in lower mains. But if you ran eveyone together, you could run longer mains and the competition would be tighter in my opinion.
__________________
Shaun Davis
VP ProUSA
Mugen Seiki/Alpha Engines
Team Trinity
Miniracer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #50
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,194
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Alderman View Post
I would be all for doing away with it period. As a matter of fact when we do our offroad program this summer it will not be offered. I for one have no interest in policing it, plus it just divides everything up. Many of my buddies recall when the midwest race had no such thing, and they enjoyed seeing how many mains they improved from year to year.
The first year I ran the midwest gas champs race I finished in the H main.Thats whe gas truck was the biggest class.A few more years I might actually make the A.I know at our track everyone will run pro until some fast people show up then they all run sportsman.You end up with 25 sportsman and 5 pros.
__________________
David Osborne,
Nemoracing usa
Gofast hobbies,West Virginia hobbies
Amain Hobbies
Fioroni usa
xxxntwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:50 PM   #51
Tech Master
 
NitroFreakManHo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Upstairs, Canada
Posts: 1,142
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to NitroFreakManHo Send a message via Skype™ to NitroFreakManHo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xchange View Post
Hey there...

I was @CRCRC also last weekend and i was the french guy mauling...

actually i want to appologize to all the drivers with who i raced in sportsman.
It's not an excuse i know, but last weekend, i had a very bad attitude at the track and was unfair sometimes on track. I was like that because of few things... tired from 15hours driving... plug issue(flame out) all the week end.. i was totaly not patient on sunday. so again, i sincerly appologize for my attitude last week end..

About the Sportsman/Pro debat, i run both class myself without thinking that can be an issue. Personally, i dont have to level to make C-B-A mains.. i only run sportsman to get more track time at the big races. that's it... dont care to win in sportsman... i only want to get a lot of tracktime because i make a lot of efforts to be at the race and it's frustrating to only run like 1hours at the track.

But now, after reading some opinions, i'm considering to only run sportsman to be fair, like everybody do.

..you're a good man! It takes a great deal of class to come on here and apologize the way you have..some people never learn from their mistakes, you are not one of those people and it's refreshing to see that.
__________________
TEAM TERRIBLES √ 2009/2011 SORRCC Points Series Truggy Champ
CRE Werks B5 powered Serpent 811-T
CRE Nova P5 Powered Serpent 811-B
**M2C**Hitec 7955TG Servos**Buku Clutch
www.apaarchery.com www.skoffroad.ca www.youtube.com/nitrofreakmanho
NitroFreakManHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:19 PM   #52
Tech Champion
 
bigjayjay1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,605
Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xchange View Post
Hey there...

I was @CRCRC also last weekend and i was the french guy mauling...

actually i want to appologize to all the drivers with who i raced in sportsman.
It's not an excuse i know, but last weekend, i had a very bad attitude at the track and was unfair sometimes on track. I was like that because of few things... tired from 15hours driving... plug issue(flame out) all the week end.. i was totaly not patient on sunday. so again, i sincerly appologize for my attitude last week end..

About the Sportsman/Pro debat, i run both class myself without thinking that can be an issue. Personally, i dont have to level to make C-B-A mains.. i only run sportsman to get more track time at the big races. that's it... dont care to win in sportsman... i only want to get a lot of tracktime because i make a lot of efforts to be at the race and it's frustrating to only run like 1hours at the track.

But now, after reading some opinions, i'm considering to only run sportsman to be fair, like everybody do.
Very good way to redeem yourself but its about sportsmanship some people forget about this important practice but we all get frustrated its only human.
__________________
TEAM: SERPENT AMERICA DRIVER -ADVANTAGE RACING PRODUCTS-COMPETITION HEAT INC - HOBBYPRO, VPPRO - BCE-
Serpent: 811N, 811T, 811E
bigjayjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Power House RC Engine Performance and ColdFusionFuel Q&A TVMRocket69 Offroad Nitro Engine Forum 1880 10-22-2014 04:22 AM
mamba max pro and 4.5 hv chris c Electric Off-Road 35 08-15-2010 12:40 PM
pro/open/sportsman dreaux Nitro Off-Road 105 07-30-2010 08:17 AM
need pro and cons-switching to brushless from nitro El Tigre Electric Off-Road 93 02-07-2010 07:10 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:02 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net