R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-20-2012, 05:36 PM   #1
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 365
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default RC Shox

Since shocks/shock pistons seem to be the hot topic lately, has anyone tried the RC Shox 2 stage pistons? They seem to be the real deal: the compression and rebound rates are actually different, compression and rebound ratios are given, plus a dyno graph. So if all is true they should be pretty good. I tend to go for the numbers more than the hype.
topcat-lll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:02 PM   #2
Tech Elite
 
hakmazter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,469
Default

As in the RC Shox in the electric section from Houston Texas?

They work phenominally if you have a rough track. If you have a clay track that is smooth like onroad, they are not a huge advantage from what we have seen, but if you have bumps, rocks, divots, etc.... they are the bomb.
__________________
I mass produced the first electric 1/8 scale buggy and truggy.
www.HopeWDM.org
I have thousands of dollars of caster racing inventory available.
Semi-Retired from this industry at this time.
hakmazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #3
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 492
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakmazter View Post
As in the RC Shox in the electric section from Houston Texas?

They work phenominally if you have a rough track. If you have a clay track that is smooth like onroad, they are not a huge advantage from what we have seen, but if you have bumps, rocks, divots, etc.... they are the bomb.
Our tracks are always bumpy. It appears these were made with an electric intention. Although I have a heavier nitro a shock is a shock. Looks like the 16mm for the rc8 will fit the d8. I'm sure I would to have to drill some larger holes though.
Franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #4
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 365
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Kyosho
Serpent
Associated RC8
Losi 8 (Mugen x6)
All nitro buggies, they also do SCT shock pistons. It seems that these pistons really do have different compression and rebound rates like 1;1 vehicles, with graphs to prove it. Mostly all the tracks I race on are outside, so they get a little to alot blown after a while. I think I'm going to give them a try. Thanks
topcat-lll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:19 PM   #5
Tech Addict
 
Precision1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 662
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat-lll View Post
Kyosho
Serpent
Associated RC8
Losi 8 (Mugen x6)
All nitro buggies, they also do SCT shock pistons. It seems that these pistons really do have different compression and rebound rates like 1;1 vehicles, with graphs to prove it. Mostly all the tracks I race on are outside, so they get a little to alot blown after a while. I think I'm going to give them a try. Thanks
Where do you see the dyno info? I couldn't find it on the website.
Precision1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:20 AM   #6
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 365
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precision1 View Post
Where do you see the dyno info? I couldn't find it on the website.
I'm sorry, my bad. I thought I seen it on there their website, but I was mistaken.
I still think these pistons are worth looking into and I will try them.
topcat-lll is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electric Touring / On-Road RC Screaming Wind Manila Racers 32167 05-02-2017 10:20 PM
rc shox GARODISC shipping issues 1fastslash Electric Off-Road 46 12-06-2011 09:49 PM
RC equipments for Sale ijnek Malaysian R/C Racers 22836 09-09-2009 01:50 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:31 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net