R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktransam View Post
I have yet to see any product clain to increase lap time by seconds, tenths yes but tenths are legit if you ask me...I do think that this hobby is saturated with the same mfg. selling the same engines under 10 diff. names though

Are we talking about hop ups only? I have a guy that we signed on our team who was able to do 20 laps tops with his B44.1 in the main. He is knocking on 23 laps now with his Caster. That is certainly more than a few seconds a lap, so it can be done. He is certainly happy and will never look back.

But that of course isn't a guarantee that you would get the same results....but you would have support like never before. All in all, there is a performance difference from car to car, battery to battery, servo to servo, motor to motor, radio to radio. However, it is finding the right fit for you. Obviously things like air filters probably won't make much of a difference.
Semi-Retired from this industry at this time.
hakmazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #17
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

My air filters cut 2-3 seconds off every lap, mostly because I remembered to attach it this time and my engine didnt eat dirt