R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   durango or jq products or xray or serpent or kyosho (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/588032-durango-jq-products-xray-serpent-kyosho.html)

durango23 01-15-2012 08:57 PM

durango or jq products or xray or serpent or kyosho

out of theses brands which one do you favor and why? im looking to switch brands and im stuck on whick one to choose. thanks!

NitroXray80809 01-15-2012 09:12 PM

I would go kyosho on ur list. Car is very smooth drive train and overall quality is nice on the K car. Xray has very good and strang cars to but the kyosho would be my choice.

bigjayjay1 01-15-2012 09:31 PM

Kyosho is a nice car it can be pushed hard but from my experiences the diffs and arms are a weak point the serpent is super durable its adrivers kit awesome performance. All the kits you listed are good you will get many opinons these types of threads really don't do any good its how you drive some kits will make you a better driver no one can tell best buy and try if you don't like sell try another I've been through so many brands :smile:

thorns 01-15-2012 09:47 PM

Just get the one you fancy the most. Half the fun of this hobby for me is building and trying out different kits. Just bought a Durango to have a play with, mainly because they just look so good and I appreciate the out there design and engineering in them, even though most people would tell me i'm a fool and stupid for doing so (like they did when i got a JQ), I dont care, I'm in this for fun. Simple fact is, you could give me Tebo's, Hara's, Drake's etc race winning buggy, and everyone would still liekly beat me!

Have loved the JQ, handles really well once you find a good setup, and has been bulletproof (original plastics here as well) aprt from one roll bar link. Its definitly a bit unique which I liked about it as well.

My 2c

durango23 01-15-2012 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by thorns (Post 10177373)
Just get the one you fancy the most. Half the fun of this hobby for me is building and trying out different kits. Just bought a Durango to have a play with, mainly because they just look so good and I appreciate the out there design and engineering in them, even though most people would tell me i'm a fool and stupid for doing so (like they did when i got a JQ), I dont care, I'm in this for fun. Simple fact is, you could give me Tebo's, Hara's, Drake's etc race winning buggy, and everyone would still liekly beat me!

Have loved the JQ, handles really well once you find a good setup, and has been bulletproof (original plastics here as well) aprt from one roll bar link. Its definitly a bit unique which I liked about it as well.

My 2c

thanks man! and so true what you said above:)

durango23 01-15-2012 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1 (Post 10177332)
Kyosho is a nice car it can be pushed hard but from my experiences the diffs and arms are a weak point the serpent is super durable its adrivers kit awesome performance. All the kits you listed are good you will get many opinons these types of threads really don't do any good its how you drive some kits will make you a better driver no one can tell best buy and try if you don't like sell try another I've been through so many brands :smile:

thanks for the advice and info ;)

Frank L 01-15-2012 10:26 PM

I ran the Durango when it was new and it had the typical new car issues. Now a year later they have addressed a few but not all. The DNX wins over every other car for bling. X rays new 2012 car might be worth a try they are always knows for quality. When I had a Kyosho truggy I had r/p issues but that was many years ago. Most guys that I know that have K cars love them. For me right now I'm liking the serpents. Serpent has always been known for high quality on road cars and they defiantly cary that over to their off road cars. But pick a brand that fits you. If you are the guy that brings just what you need to run them go with a popular car at your track so when you break you will have a better chance of finding parts. If you are that guy that basically has a spare car or 2 with you at all times :D then go with what you like. It always sucks when you have to sit on the sidelines or go home early because of a $5 part that fails and you can't fix it.

Nitro Tiger 01-15-2012 11:00 PM

Ive had the Xray XB808 11 for about 3 months now and have found it to be very strong, no breakages yet, especially when I dont mind a crash or 3, out of the box was very driver friendly. Very very happy with it.

jjfo80 01-16-2012 05:24 AM

Is Mugen to mainstream or not a option??? :):nod:

durango23 01-19-2012 05:55 PM

Yea I'm currently the Durango dnx408 and it's a good car overall and I want to try something new:) I'm thinking of going with jq though or kyosho

LosiPRRACER 01-19-2012 06:03 PM

kyosho tki2. doesnt matter what driving style you have its a "easy to drive" car... funny how some new certain pros left other brands and went to kyosho before even getting signed...

BrakeTurnAccelerate 01-19-2012 06:06 PM

What don't you like about the Durango? Just want to try something new, or?

TX_Punisher 01-19-2012 06:10 PM

Wait a month and hopefully we'll get a real-world review of the new XRAY. That might be worth taking a hard look at as they have addressed a few small issues drivers complain about.