Search

AKA Wheels on Jammin X1-CRT

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default AKA Wheels on Jammin X1-CRT

Hey all,

Is it viable to use AKA wheels on a Jammin X1-CRT? If so what size extenders do I use? I have read through some threads, and i see members using between 12mm and 14mm extenders. But I only see 12mm, 13mm and 15mm as my options these days?

I guess i need to be educated or re-educated? An offset is the measurement of the difference between Dead Center (DC) of the wheel and the back of the wheel. Is that correct?

So if I take AKA wheels for example, the whole wheel is 58mm wide, Zero offset means the hex hub of the wheel would be at ~29mm (DC of the wheel)? So a "1/2 offset" wheel (a non-AKA 58mm wide wheel just for reference) would be half of 29mm (the difference between DC and the back), which would be around ~14mm offset? Which would also equal the size of the extender needed? which is needed to run 1/2 offset wheels, as the case if I remember correctly with the Jammin X1-crt. So 15's or 13's would you go with? Or not at all?

Or was this just a load of words, that don't mean anything? lol If so, what do i need to know?

Thanks for your time and help,
Nick
Old 04-26-2012, 03:06 PM
Tech Adept

you don't need the extenders, the new style wheels work great. putt em on and go tear it up.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Are you saying that AKA zero offset will work on the crt?
Old 04-27-2012, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

YES. there a direct fit, no problems. have fun.