Spur gears

Old 01-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Spur gears

Spur gear issues, i need the spur gear that comes on the ten-t only metal and the same pitch thats on the 8ight. Anyone know how small of a gear i need to match the ten-t's outer spur diameter? Basically, i need the exact dimensions on the ten-t's spur gear, but the same pitch that is on the 8 scale spurs, and metal.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Tech Initiate

they stock spur gear is a 48T! it is plastic and the SUCK! i have gone threw so many of them! and i have changed my mesh so so many time! I cant anything on a metal one! If you find out any thing give me the parts number! thanks
Old 01-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Robinson Racing? Not sure if they make one yet!
Old 01-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Adept

I just want to know what the pitch or "name" of the gear type that is one the the 8eight. Because the stock spur doesnt mesh the same with the 8eight clutch.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by okla_elite_RC
they stock spur gear is a 48T! it is plastic and the SUCK! i have gone threw so many of them! and i have changed my mesh so so many time! I cant anything on a metal one! If you find out any thing give me the parts number! thanks
How are you setting mesh?

I have had no issues with the stock spur other than "user error".
Old 01-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Tech Adept

Well my problem is, i have the stock spur gear, with a 4 shoe clutch for an 8ight. (differant pitch, one is a mod .1 or something like that, an the other isnt the same) so the two gears arent meshing right at all, i have a spur for an 8ight and i would use that (perfect meshing) but its for an 8ight style center diff, which has bigger yokes, no plate between the spur and housing, and a differant bold pattern. I also know that they are diferant because they have the same tooth count but the 8ight spur is much larger than the stock spur.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Out of curiosity, why did you go with the clutch off the 8? When I upgraded my clutch I used the 3-shoe system from Losi and have had favorable results with it.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SolderGlob
Out of curiosity, why did you go with the clutch off the 8? When I upgraded my clutch I used the 3-shoe system from Losi and have had favorable results with it.
Because i bought the clutch with the engine for a good deal. Its straight out of an 8ight-t rtr