R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default inferno neo beginner's problem

hi everyone

i have recently bought an inferno neo and everything was going great until the rear of the front drive shaft just came out. to do this the drive shaft must have travelled about 5mm! the only explanation i can come up with is that the chassis must have bent?

i have also been told that it could be because the suspension is too soft. however i have always had the suspension very firm

anyone got any answers??

any help would be very much appreciated!
jonathan9087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Check the droop and decrease it if you need to. That will keep the driveline in the cup. My experience with a kyosho ready set truggy many years ago was very expensive. Every time i needed a part I had to upgrade everythig around it. I should have just bought a kit because after I got done I spent more than I would have if I just bought the race kit. But try the droop and make sure it's set correctly.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:12 AM   #3
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
Check the droop and decrease it if you need to. That will keep the driveline in the cup. My experience with a kyosho ready set truggy many years ago was very expensive. Every time i needed a part I had to upgrade everythig around it. I should have just bought a kit because after I got done I spent more than I would have if I just bought the race kit. But try the droop and make sure it's set correctly.

what is the droop?
jonathan9087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:31 AM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Your question isn't very clear. Is it your center-front driveshaft that popped out, or is it one of the driveshafts going to the wheels?

If it is your center-front shaft, you probably just flexed the chassis pretty bad landing a jump or whatever and it popped out. I would just put it back in and run it. You are probably fine. You could check if your chassis is bent by putting a straightedge on the bottom.

If it is a wheel driveshaft, then it's probably too much droop, as the previous poster said.

Now, your droop question:

Droop is how much the arms "droop" below level when the suspension is unloaded. To check it, set your car on a stand with the suspension unloaded. Measure the distance from the center of the top shock mount screw to the center of the bottom shock mount screw. That is droop.

To adjust droop, you must locate your droop screws. These should be on the top of your a-arms very close to where the hinge pins attach the arms to the chassis. I usually compress the shock/arm on the side i'm adjusting and then turn the screw. Turn it in to reduce droop and turn it out to increase droop. Let go of the arm, work it up and down a few times, then re-check your measurements. Both sides of the front should be the same, and both sides of the rear should be the same. Front and back will not be the same.