Wiki Posts
Search

Team Durango Sold to Hobbico!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
There is not much difference between the 2. They both have the same requirements to get an account. GP has a higher initial order amount than HRP but not so much that a new business, or an existing business cannot buy into. Horizon is the most ridiculous, and the hardest one to get so that why you see so many dealers without a Horizon account. They want your first born child and $25,000
I hear children are worth about 35k these days
Old 01-14-2013, 11:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So Team Durango has been with Hobbico for a year now. Thought on this matter a year down the road?

I found my self the other day calling Hobbico and complaining about part support.
I'm seeing a lot of parts for my Dex410 out of stock for months at a time.

I've been lucky and haven't needed the parts that have been out of stock but every time I go to order parts I see the out of stock list growing longer and longer with non of them coming back in stock.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Seems the same to me? Not sure if that's means its better or worse... Let's not forget that even if things aren't potentially any better, things always have the potential to be worse off. KingStar is still the manufacture, so that may be something to it. They tool up for r/c production 3 or 4 or 5 times a year and crank out a ton of parts. It definitely feels like we still get the same "big shipments" every couple of months. Where everything gets back instock at the retailers and then more and more parts trickle back out of stock as they get eventually snatched up.

I would say the biggest change is more on the distributor side, from HRP to Hobbico. In that, because of Towerhobbies we have some feasible sense about when out of stock parts, and upcoming option parts/new kits/etc will be available. I remember back to the right (or was it left?) alum diff insert for the DESC410R, when just the one side of out of stock everything, and all we knew/heard was that they were coming. Today, there is an issue with the DNX408T tanks, out of stock everywhere, and now will have an approximate date when the tanks will be back.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

It takes time to establish all the sales/inventory trends on the different kits and parts. Even though Hobbico has been around a long time, the Team Durango line of products is still relatively new and the popularity has increased a lot over the past year. They are working out the inventory issues based on the sales trends and the parts availability is expected to improve more and more over time.