Kyosho Inferno Neo ST Race Spec??? Good practice/basher

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Inferno Neo ST Race Spec??? Good practice/basher

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 05:20 PM
Tech Adept

Parts aren't really that bad per se.. and I guess I should have reserved that statement until I did some "durability" testing. I guess it just feels less dense than most plastics that I am used to dealing with.

I am primarily into 1/5 scale so things tend to be beefier. Once I started getting into 1/10 and 1/8, I guess I was just used to the heavier and more dense material.

As someone mentioned before, it's a great deal for the money..!

The more I tinker with it, the more I am liking about it. Again, after I drive the crap out of it, I'll have a better idea.

One thing I definitely have to emphasize is the low quality shocks and weak shock towers. They will not last if you plan on doing any real bashing!

Last edited by bpd964; 01-26-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

I'm sure I've said this before, but the first thing I recommend is taking everything off that is screwed into metal and using some loctite on it. Also, I tightened up the flywheel too, it was quite loose. The cool thing about this truck is most of the STRR stuff blots right on. You can go as far as you want getting it race prepped. We are still using the stock shocks but I think will switch to the medium length shocks in front.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pitpop
I'm sure I've said this before, but the first thing I recommend is taking everything off that is screwed into metal and using some loctite on it. Also, I tightened up the flywheel too, it was quite loose. The cool thing about this truck is most of the STRR stuff blots right on. You can go as far as you want getting it race prepped. We are still using the stock shocks but I think will switch to the medium length shocks in front.
Everything was taken apart and re-built. I make it a habit to do this with any RTR.

Good call on the flywheel. It was very loose!
Old 01-28-2012, 11:17 AM
Tech Adept

So I finally got about a gallon of fuel through this buggy and this is my take:

Fuel - 1 gallon Odonnells speed blend 20%
Glow plugs x 2 - O.S. 8 medium
Surface - street and dirt
Outside Temp 45-50
Items broken-------------0

Issues: Steering servo doesn't not center well at all.

Comments: Love it! I had a blast driving this buggy from break in to final tune for the day. It handles rough terrain surprisingly well but the steering servo called for moderate compensation. No issues on-road and the tires show very little wear.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bpd964
So I finally got about a gallon of fuel through this buggy and this is my take:

Fuel - 1 gallon Odonnells speed blend 20%
Glow plugs x 2 - O.S. 8 medium
Surface - street and dirt
Outside Temp 45-50
Items broken-------------0

Issues: Steering servo doesn't not center well at all.

Comments: Love it! I had a blast driving this buggy from break in to final tune for the day. It handles rough terrain surprisingly well but the steering servo called for moderate compensation. No issues on-road and the tires show very little wear.
Got any more run time/input on the kyosho? Thinking of picking one up but have been waiting for people to get some more run time/ e-opinion on it.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:18 AM
Tech Adept

This is the only car I've been running lately.. I put in new servos and a picco .28 and I'm really enjoying it.

I plan on changing the weak chassis and put on a new set of tires and wheels as well as a different set of shocks and it should be hard to beat as a basher..

Old 01-31-2012, 02:30 AM
Tech Champion

Would love to see some video!!...
Old 01-31-2012, 03:41 AM
Tech Adept

Still breaking in the new engine so I should have a video up by tomorrow evening..
Old 01-31-2012, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (94%+)

You put a new engine in it? You'd been better off getting a D8T from the jump if you were just going to do that, lol, my point of wanting this is to have something to run backup of my Mugen truggy that I'll be racing! So what I'm getting basically is that this is worth the $400 which is good cause I really didn't want to go back to the 1/10th and get a Losi Ten T....Man I can't make my mind up though I know that Ten T does at least 45mph out of the box and is tough!
Old 01-31-2012, 07:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by IROC-AR15
You put a new engine in it? You'd been better off getting a D8T from the jump if you were just going to do that, lol, my point of wanting this is to have something to run backup of my Mugen truggy that I'll be racing! So what I'm getting basically is that this is worth the $400 which is good cause I really didn't want to go back to the 1/10th and get a Losi Ten T....Man I can't make my mind up though I know that Ten T does at least 45mph out of the box and is tough!
I'm actually thinking about getting a D8T. I already have the D8 also with a picco .28 and will probably get the truggy also..

I picked up the Kyosho because I liked the way it looked.. And YES! well worth the $400..!

Old 01-31-2012, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

I'm actually thinking about getting a D8T. I already have the D8 also with a picco .28 and will probably get the truggy also..

I picked up the Kyosho because I liked the way it looked.. And YES! well worth the $400..!

Nice, here's my Mugen MBX5T and Tekno MBX5T
Before I post pics what would you do? I can get the Losi Ten T new for $425 and the Kyosho for $400 new

Old 01-31-2012, 09:03 AM
Tech Adept

Nice rigs..

Tough call.. but me, personally, I would go 1/8 scale. The Losi Ten is really nice tho.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Nice rigs..

Tough call.. but me, personally, I would go 1/8 scale. The Losi Ten is really nice tho.
Even though I already have two pure bred race 1/8th machines and none 1/10th?
Hmmm decisions decisions

Another reason why I want a Ten T is cause Integy has tons of upgrades for it like Aluminum Arms. I know that's not the best cause it'll transfer the force of impacts to other places but I love aluminum.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by IROC-AR15
Even though I already have two pure bred race 1/8th machines and none 1/10th?
Hmmm decisions decisions

Another reason why I want a Ten T is cause Integy has tons of upgrades for it like Aluminum Arms. I know that's not the best cause it'll transfer the force of impacts to other places but I love aluminum.
I was interested in the ten T at one point also. if you get the Ten T, I'll pick one up also.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

I was interested in the ten T at one point also. if you get the Ten T, I'll pick one up also.
LOL, hell man I may just end up getting both. The Ten would be easier on my fuel and the Kyosho will serve me well for practicing so I don't wear out my Mugen, I just got it ready for this race season! The Ten is a sweet little over powered car, the Kyosho is well hands down an excellent deal. 2.4ghz radio, RTR, thread shocks, solid performer, STRR parts compatible. Simply can't go wrong with either! I wish more companies would design a 1/0th truggy so a class could be created for them. That's one the only drawbacks that keep me from the Losi, I'll never be able to race it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.