Kyosho Inferno Neo ST Race Spec??? Good practice/basher

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Inferno Neo ST Race Spec??? Good practice/basher

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 12:15 PM
Tech Adept

Even on a track i think it could hold its own. The kyosho vid has Cody King driving it on a track, and its looks great
Old 01-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (94%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
I whould go for it since your not racing it it should hold up fine.
If you really like it than you can use it as a backup racer .

Yeah, just need something to run around the house since people keep telling me I can't bash my Mugens if I plan on racing them. For the price for a 2.4ghz radio, .25 motor, and everything built I think its a good price. And did you read the engine features Kyosho's unique Zero-Loss pullstarter, so once the engine is started, there are no parts of the pullstarter left engaged with the engine, so there's no loss of performance. I'm sure it won't be near my .23 alpha but I'll bet it'll keep up with the way my truggy currently runs with its Losi 427 w/backplate installed.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:44 AM
Tech Rookie

My wife got this for me for Christmas cuz I wanted to get started again in RC trucks. I got it from Amain for 390 with free shipping. I used a coupon to get it down to that price. I took it to the track the first time last Friday and was very happy with it. Once you get it I would check all the bolts and screws as I had an incident with it while breaking the engine in. The left wheel nut came off due to vibration and the left wheel rolled off. Good thing I wasnt going really fast on it or else it would have been very bad. Over all its a good truggy and I like it. This probably dont say much since this is my first one and by all means have no experience with other truggys. Take it for what its worth but the truck has been performing well for me. I had alot of looks and some kids came by at my pit while I was tuning it and asked if it was the new truggy they saw in the rcdriver magazine. All of the guys at the track I went to were very helpful and showed me a few things about this truck and what I need to tune it. The truck comes with alot of toe and camber needs to be fine tuned. Overall a great truck for the time I've had it.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcsant24
My wife got this for me for Christmas cuz I wanted to get started again in RC trucks. I got it from Amain for 390 with free shipping. I used a coupon to get it down to that price. I took it to the track the first time last Friday and was very happy with it. Once you get it I would check all the bolts and screws as I had an incident with it while breaking the engine in. The left wheel nut came off due to vibration and the left wheel rolled off. Good thing I wasnt going really fast on it or else it would have been very bad. Over all its a good truggy and I like it. This probably dont say much since this is my first one and by all means have no experience with other truggys. Take it for what its worth but the truck has been performing well for me. I had alot of looks and some kids came by at my pit while I was tuning it and asked if it was the new truggy they saw in the rcdriver magazine. All of the guys at the track I went to were very helpful and showed me a few things about this truck and what I need to tune it. The truck comes with alot of toe and camber needs to be fine tuned. Overall a great truck for the time I've had it.

Thanking for sharing your experience with it. Though it's my 4th or 5th truggy I feel it will serve me just well. I already have two Mugens that I'll be racing and I just want the Kyosho cause its RTR inexpensive and will allow me the chance to bash around my house so that I don't wear out my race truggies since they have all new running gear specifically for racing this season. How was the power on it? Have you ever had a non ps motor b4? I ask this cause I read on Kyosho that after the engine is started there are no moving parts that connects the pullstart to the crankshaft which should let the motor rev up quicker. Can you post some pics for me and possible give me that code if it's still active?
Old 01-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by IROC-AR15
Thanking for sharing your experience with it. Though it's my 4th or 5th truggy I feel it will serve me just well. I already have two Mugens that I'll be racing and I just want the Kyosho cause its RTR inexpensive and will allow me the chance to bash around my house so that I don't wear out my race truggies since they have all new running gear specifically for racing this season. How was the power on it? Have you ever had a non ps motor b4? I ask this cause I read on Kyosho that after the engine is started there are no moving parts that connects the pullstart to the crankshaft which should let the motor rev up quicker. Can you post some pics for me and possible give me that code if it's still active?
I think its great for bashing around and bringing it to a parking lot and letting it rip. Atleast thats what I did when I first got it... Power on it based on my own experience was pretty good. I was running it too rich at first due to the cold weather here in IL and I was trying to get the temps up to get it broken in. I wasnt really feeling the power of the motor or the speed of the car then but when I brought it to the track the guys there helped me and my friend tune the engine out. After that the car just flew and it had pretty good power on it. I've never had a non ps motor... by that do you mean non pull start? If that is it then my buddy has a buggy that is non ps and I find it that he revs the motor more when he starts it. Based on my experience and what I feel when starting it, it does rev up quicker and I dont have to pull the trigger as much than my buddy's non ps. Here's the new codes for this year

Code: CALPJAN1225

I will try to take some pictures when I get home.

Last edited by rcsant24; 01-10-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IROC-AR15
Hello everyone! I've been eying the Kyosho Inferno Neo ST Race Spec truggy and am thinking of buying it for practice on a track and bashing back home when I'm not driving my MBX5T Prospec. What are you guys thoughts on that?
I already have a Tekno MBX5T and Nitro MBX5T with NIP Alpha A352 .23 for racing so I'm not looking for another race vehicle. I am just looking for something to run around the track when I'm not racing my MBX5T's cause I heard a race truck doesn't bash and I don't want to wear out my Alpha motor bashing yet still love to enjoy my hobby when I'm not at the track.
For $399 shipped I don't think it's a bad idea considering what it comes equip with.
Here's a link to the product.
http://www.ultimatehobbies.com/store/KYO31683T2B!1012/1%2F8GP4WDR%2FSINFERNONEOSTRCESPT2

And here's the same thing though just time with Kyosho specifications.
http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Inferno...2_p_10205.html

Thanks in advanced fellows.
I have it and my son races it, we do not bash with it, it is a very good entry race truggy, as a matter of fact one won the main this past saturday, beating losi's, mugens etc. once the motor is tuned it runs well, I changed the pipe to increase mid to top as our track has a big straight. Overall I think it is a good vehicle, I run Mugen 6t and my lap times were just about identical when I rant the Kyosho.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:09 PM
Tech Adept

I forgot to mention this, you must go through the entire vehicle and tighten and thread lock where you can, if you dont, you will break something that is a guarantee, the bolts are not locked down good at all.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Neesh
I was actually thinking of getting this for the same reason as you but then changed my mind. I figured I'd spend alot of money just to keep this thing on the track and knowing me, I'd spend alot more adding upgrades. I instead upgraded my barely used STRR to EVO specs as a back up for my race EVO.
The truggy looks good from pictures but I was worried that I would spend alot more on beefing it up. Look at the diffs, they only have two internal spider gears instead of four. screws would be the wood type with phillips head. Just old school with an updated body imho. I could be wrong though but I'd rather spend my money on something I know is race worthy even if I'm just bashing with it on the track. I want to keep my race EVO just for racing and practicing too. Maybe you should look into spending your cash on another Mugen so you can share parts with it. Just my $.02
My Mugen can go up for sale any time, Im picking up a Losi on Thursday and is going to stick with Losi from now on, my other three cars are Losi.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Cool, thanks for the replies. I'm not looking to race it only bash and possible practice laps when I'm not running my Mugens. From what I'm hearing (pun) it sounds like this truggy will serve my needs just fine!
And yes buddy, non ps is a non pull start/backplate motor. Kyosho claims to have devised a starting system that once the motor is running no internal parts connect the ps to the crankshaft thus giving you a backplate type effect which should help the motor rev up quicker and reach higher rpms!
I def plan on getting this for my birthday in April!
Old 01-11-2012, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pcfriend
My Mugen can go up for sale any time, Im picking up a Losi on Thursday and is going to stick with Losi from now on, my other three cars are Losi.
I would say sell it to me but since I run a 5T parts wouldn't be interchangeable anyway so I'm stick to grabbing this Kyosho. I like the fact it comes with everything I need for a good price!
Old 01-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

I agree with the other posts.. you really need to remove everything that screws into metal, and lock tight it. I would also take the clutch off and tighten down the clutch nut. Mine came loose. don't put loctite on it tho!
Old 01-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pitpop
I agree with the other posts.. you really need to remove everything that screws into metal, and lock tight it. I would also take the clutch off and tighten down the clutch nut. Mine came loose. don't put loctite on it tho!
It's alway a good idea to put lock tight on it a new vehicle no matter what level! And never lock tight the clutch bell that would be awful
Old 01-12-2012, 08:13 AM
Tech Rookie

The only thing I kinda find odd with this truggy is that I've searched all over the internet for reviews or experiences from guys that have used it and I have not found alot. There's not alot of info on this truggy... probably cuz its too new I guess? I hope at some point, if we get more guys to start using this truggy that maybe we can start its own thread to keep up with user experiences or just some news.

I have the pictures IROC but have not uploaded them here. I will try to post them here when I get home.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

The only thing I kinda find odd with this truggy is that I've searched all over the internet for reviews or experiences from guys that have used it and I have not found alot. There's not alot of info on this truggy... probably cuz its too new I guess? I hope at some point, if we get more guys to start using this truggy that maybe we can start its own thread to keep up with user experiences or just some news.

I have the pictures IROC but have not uploaded them here. I will try to post them here when I get home.
Email them [email protected]
Old 01-15-2012, 12:54 PM
Tech Adept

Just ordered this truck. I'm waiting for it to show up. I just wanted a decent vehicle to bash around.

I'll post here as well when it shows up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.