Community
Wiki Posts
Search

amainhobbies shipping prices seem high?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I just did a significant order and paid $23.99 for UPS Overnight to East Coast (not including Rush My Order)....

First off, AMain doesn't use flat rate boxes. They use their own packaging... So to think you're getting priority for $5 is tough. I also believe they've done away with FedEx, so its either USPS or UPS. The secret to AMain is wait to do big orders at a time on things you need, use discount codes, and get super saver shipping.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kaptain crash
yeah...Chads a great guy...took him out in a turn and he dident throw his radio at me, glad it was only in a practice
haha.. thats funny...
Old 01-05-2012, 09:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Peralta
Buy it from your local hobby shop and pay tax on it if you don't like the shipping prices. Pretty easy IMO.

Also when you click that RUSH MY ORDER box during checkout that means it's going to add on a minimum of $3.99 to your shipping cost in order to ensure your order gets picked and packed before the other orders that did not pick this option. It's all explained right there in English if you actually read the details.
Well thank you sir. My hobby shop doesn't carry it, and I never clicked rush my order.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I made a order on a new hyper buggy through amain on dec 23 and didnt recieve my package till the 4th of Jan. 12 days! I know it was the holidays but really 12 days? That I believe is a little to long.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chad Phillips
haha.. thats funny...
Any chance of you stocking losi in the future? Lots of guys run them and would rather buy from you. And you did make me feel better when you traded paint with that big water tank too! So glad they moved that thing!
Old 01-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wallee
I made a order on a new hyper buggy through amain on dec 23 and didnt recieve my package till the 4th of Jan. 12 days! I know it was the holidays but really 12 days? That I believe is a little to long.
You can thank the shipping provider for that. I ordered on the 24th and didnt get it till yesterday. Used UPS ground. It sat at a UPS store for 3 days. You dont se me conplaining, There Nothing Amain has to do about that. I selected rush and they had it out the first day they were open. So start a UPS forum and complain about them.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kaptain crash
Any chance of you stocking losi in the future? Lots of guys run them and would rather buy from you. And you did make me feel better when you traded paint with that big water tank too! So glad they moved that thing!
if you want to know why... you can call Joe and ask him why we dont carry their products...
Old 01-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
Foams need a big box. Its not about the cost of the product but the size and weight of the package also the distance. Amain is on the westcost. If you live way out east, your gonna pay alittle more.
yes, foams do need a big box..but the shipping difference between 12 and 16 foams was quite large...and the boxes for 12 and 16 is the same 14 dollar flat rate box.
seems somewhat arbitrary...

i try to order from east coast vendors whenever possible to save on shipping cost and time. I REALLY try to buy only from hopmeup if i can..they are in my own state and i usually get my stuff the next day. the prices are unbeatable also.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rider313
You can thank the shipping provider for that. I ordered on the 24th and didnt get it till yesterday. Used UPS ground. It sat at a UPS store for 3 days. You dont se me conplaining, There Nothing Amain has to do about that. I selected rush and they had it out the first day they were open. So start a UPS forum and complain about them.
Ha ha I might do that. You act offended by my comment. if so why? just curious.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rider313
Thats correct, UPS sucks out of cali. I used them and tracked my package for 2 days goin up and down the coast before it left cali...
Old 01-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

both UPS and USPS really screwed things up this holiday season, being busy and shutting down many prossesing centers this year (including the one in my town).
many non rc related things i ordered for christmas where late. and ordered them 2 weeks before christmas. i was just happy i got them. better late than never!
Old 01-05-2012, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by inferno13
both UPS and USPS really screwed things up this holiday season, being busy and shutting down many prossesing centers this year (including the one in my town).
many non rc related things i ordered for christmas where late. and ordered them 2 weeks before christmas. i was just happy i got them. better late than never!

Definatly better late than never, totally agree!
Old 01-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by inferno13
speaking as someone who orders stuff many thousands of Km away from Amain hobbies, we sortoff accept that shipping is gonna be in the region of 40US. THAT is why we make large orders every time to make up for it. That being said, i have noticed that we pay less for import tax duties % wise if we pay more for shipping...don't really know why. We usually choose priority/express options and they usually get here within 2 weeks as stated. I have also noticed what you are saying in your post. This past holiday season has been horrible for the USPS...and im saying that sitting in a perceived "third world" country....my orders took FOREVER to leave the US where they usually get it out within 3 days. i made a large order from amain on the 10th of december 2011 and only recieved it 2 Jan 2012, and that is only because it took almost 2 weeks to leave the US. BUT, it is def not amain, like some have said. It has to be a carrier thing, amain always confirms my orders shipped almost always on the first working day....
At same time i ordered that large packge from amain, I ordered lots of bearings from AVID too, and that parcel went missing...they didnt even make it to over the US border , maybe Santa needed some bearings for one of his reindeer luckily AVID has agreed to help me out and reship new ones next week i don't hear anything by then, awesome from their side. Shipping to my country...Amain is still the cheapest.....Absolute hobbys being the most expensive, so the small savings in parts prices is lost in stupid amounts of shipping costs. I ordered 3 bitty design Force boddies for my new MBX6R from Absolute last week, paid express shipping....57US, bodies were 67US...and they say the package weighs almost 5 pounds hella thick lexan that if you ask me i think someone here has stated it is because they obviously dont use their own packaging or something....amain always sends me a nice and compact/crammed with goodies box about half the size of a shoe box.
all in all, im just happy i have the oppertunity to shop from these stores from all the way over here, and although the shipping is intense sometimes, it almost always works out cheaper for us.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Getting orders for the store this year was a total pain. Overnight from Great Planes in IL to WV took 4 days ! Shipping quailty is less but the price is more.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I like HRP the best for shipping. I get my stuff from Utah to Arizona in 2 days even during the holidays. Shipping charges are much cheaper than Great Planes also

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.