R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-14-2012, 07:32 AM   #106
Tech Adept

It is always good to get feedback from customers. Based on comments in this thread the shipping estimator has been changed to indicate the date your package would actually ship, so it is clear how the delivery dates are calculated. And if you choose rush you can see how those values can change if we are backed up.

I hope to also have the system changed soon so that your order will change to shipped status (and the email will get sent) at the point when it actually goes onto the truck, not when we finish processing it and it ends up in the stack waiting for pickup.
kendallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #107
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

::
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda237 View Post
Good deal.

This thread went far and beyond what it was suppose to be, people don't read the thread but then leave comments. Like stated, it seemed high since I've shipped plenty of items, it was $10 for 1lb item, and my lhs didn't carry them, so I had to order them online. I was only curious, but I'm over it now.

This thread was not suppose to be you guys telling me what you thought of amain(I've bought from them plenty of times), if it was, the title would have been different.
Yea but you put a question mark on the end of your statement. Basically, your asking for opinions. Did you want yes or no answers?
I think, for the most part, peoples responses are accurate. Some people Elaborated more than they needed to but that's ok.
You made a post earlier very similar to this one. I get the impression you feel guilty for something.
Don't.
This is a positive thread(hint: it hasn't been closed yet).
Like kendallb stated, this is good feedback that will make them better. It already has.
Franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:16 AM   #108
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise View Post
::

Yea but you put a question mark on the end of your statement. Basically, your asking for opinions. Did you want yes or no answers?
I think, for the most part, peoples responses are accurate. Some people Elaborated more than they needed to but that's ok.
You made a post earlier very similar to this one. I get the impression you feel guilty for something.
Don't.
This is a positive thread(hint: it hasn't been closed yet).
Like kendallb stated, this is good feedback that will make them better. It already has.
ya just wanted to see if it was my item, or anyone else noticed, then it seemed like people thought i was bashing amain.
Not guilty, but didn't want people to think i was bashing amain, i'm glad it helped.
honda237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:35 AM   #109
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallb View Post
It is always good to get feedback from customers. Based on comments in this thread the shipping estimator has been changed to indicate the date your package would actually ship, so it is clear how the delivery dates are calculated. And if you choose rush you can see how those values can change if we are backed up.

I hope to also have the system changed soon so that your order will change to shipped status (and the email will get sent) at the point when it actually goes onto the truck, not when we finish processing it and it ends up in the stack waiting for pickup.
Could you also make it possible to add a comment field when ordering? Sometimes I order small pieces that fit in an enveloppe. When you get a package from the USA, I always have to pay taxes on it. At least 10euro, but they don't care about enveloppes.
It would be nice if I could ask for that in a comment field. Shipping in a box is only 6$ for international buyers when you order small items, but the 10euro fee sucks
Old 01-15-2012, 02:51 PM   #110
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda237 View Post
ya just wanted to see if it was my item, or anyone else noticed, then it seemed like people thought i was bashing amain.
Not guilty, but didn't want people to think i was bashing amain, i'm glad it helped.
I never took it as bashing to be honest. We had already been discussing moving the free shipping amount down to $50 or lower for some time, and this just spurred us to make the move we had already been planning. Although our shipping is not expensive by any stretch (shipping is just plain expensive), there is a perception it is more expensive than other retailers and you were not the first to say that.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #111
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgoth View Post
Could you also make it possible to add a comment field when ordering? Sometimes I order small pieces that fit in an enveloppe. When you get a package from the USA, I always have to pay taxes on it. At least 10euro, but they don't care about enveloppes.
It would be nice if I could ask for that in a comment field. Shipping in a box is only 6$ for international buyers when you order small items, but the 10euro fee sucks
The problem with a comment field is that when we did have a comment field in there, it causes more problems than it solved. Once a comment is placed in an order, we require the people processing the order to read it and accept it, which slows them down. Way too often we would get nice comments like 'Thanks!', 'Keep up the good work' etc, that were not necessary but caused a slow down in order processing. We still do allow comments, but they can only be placed by customer service reps on your behalf.

What I would like to do is make it easier for people to specify the things they want without the free form comment field. But I don't know how to solve your envelope issue at the moment.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #112
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I personally feel Amain has the most variety and easiest way to work, search, and order all your stuff. I will pay a little extra shipping to know i will get my products and know they will be correct. Other shops don't carry half of what Amain stocks. Keep it up, just made another order today.

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:59 PM   #113
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroXray80809 View Post
I personally feel Amain has the most variety and easiest way to work, search, and order all your stuff. I will pay a little extra shipping to know i will get my products and know they will be correct. Other shops don't carry half of what Amain stocks. Keep it up, just made another order today.
+1
Franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:02 PM   #114
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think they are great site. i ordered a dx3r and it sit for over a month and i never used it. I decided i wanted a ko propo and they let me return it and gave me credit and i bought the ko propo. I have never paid shipping through them. I always make sure i wait long enough to make a order big enough to get free shipping amain is awesome
evolution03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:18 PM   #115
Tech Elite

And now you don't have to wait long at all since FREE Super Saver shipping starts at $25.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:55 PM   #116
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron View Post
And now you don't have to wait long at all since FREE Super Saver shipping starts at $25.
Wow that's awesome amain has the most variety period no other shop com pairs service is top notch. I've returned a number of items problems were solved. Its a America making a profit isn't wrong shipping is always expense. I live in Hawaii everything comes into a port or airport period its a way of life living in paradise is expensive but how many people can walk outside to a white sand clear water and Cuties in G strings . I don't buy all my items from one place I share my money between other shops . I feel its important a lot of companies supporting our hobby. You guys always have products in stock a lot of capital is spend to make racers happy and for that I thank you.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:38 AM   #117
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I love the fact that Amain now has free shipping starting at $25. That is something I don't think other online shops will be able to match. I have already taken advantage of it a few times since they implemented the new policy.

Amain rocks and love the customer service.
jurquhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:48 AM   #118
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The $25 free shipping is awesome, already placed orders two weeks in a row. My wife always smiles and says the good people at Amian sent you another gift.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:03 AM   #119
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallb View Post
The problem with a comment field is that when we did have a comment field in there, it causes more problems than it solved. Once a comment is placed in an order, we require the people processing the order to read it and accept it, which slows them down. Way too often we would get nice comments like 'Thanks!', 'Keep up the good work' etc, that were not necessary but caused a slow down in order processing. We still do allow comments, but they can only be placed by customer service reps on your behalf.

What I would like to do is make it easier for people to specify the things they want without the free form comment field. But I don't know how to solve your envelope issue at the moment.
Thanks for replying. I received an order from you guys this week and it was in an enveloppe. There were some bladders in it and the for the mbx6R radiotray. Somehow they charged me again 10euro's It's the first time I got charged for items in an envelope. I think the customs have Amain hobbies blacklisted or something Or maybe you're envelope looks too professional
Old 01-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #120
Tech Adept

The post office told us recently that many European countries are really cracking down on the import duties in customs now, due to the debt crisis as they need the cash. A lot more USPS packages are not getting held up in customs and being charged duties