R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-07-2012, 10:35 AM   #91
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have always had good luck with A-Main, they have the stuff I need, I have about 10 free T shirts from them, I get alot of super saver shipping and that means I pay nothing and when I order small stuff its cheap to ship, oh and no tax. Thanks A-Main.

I also forgot they sponsor alot of the big races and that helps us racers out alot.
KBRL Nitro Series
www.youtube.com/gsadvanced
Marcus Falconie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #92
Tech Elite

Just by looking at this picture it looks like to me that they sell alot of stuff. If each of the employees only work 30 hours a week and only make 7.25 an hour thats $13,000+ a week not including rent, advertising, and so on, and I am sure they make more than 7.25 and work more than 30 hours. A-Main is not a small hobby shop and I am sure they do things right.
KBRL Nitro Series
www.youtube.com/gsadvanced

Last edited by Marcus Falconie; 01-07-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Marcus Falconie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #93
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie View Post

Just by looking at this picture it looks like to me that they sell alot of stuff. If each of the employees only work 30 hours a week and only make 7.25 an hour thats $13.000+ a week not including rent, advertising, and so on, and I am sure they make more than 7.25 and work more than 30 hours. A-Main is not a small hobby shop and I am sure they do things right.
+1
gixxer420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #94
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

IDK what you guys are going on about for 7 pages I have always had great customer service from amain and it gets here to me the next day. What more could I ask for. They send you an update when it ships out and depending on what shipping method theres a link for tracking. I just placed a small order and experienced their updated shipping procedure and its even better than before. It tells you before you select the desired shipping method and rate what the expected delivery is. Once again raising the bar IMO. Amain has always been at the top of large hobbyshops in terms or processing and handling my orders. They even have a system in place that checks the weight of the package shipping out to you to make sure that all the items are in the box as each item is assigned a weight value. Good luck getting it better form a large company anywhere else.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:55 PM   #95
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Wow never expected this thread to go this far. All I was basically asking was if anyone else noticed shipping prices were higher, because I thought the $10 shipping for my 1lb item was high.
I wasn't complaining about their service, or anything about the business, I think amainhobbies is a great store and almost always has everything I need in stock.
honda237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #96
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda237 View Post
Wow never expected this thread to go this far. All I was basically asking was if anyone else noticed shipping prices were higher, because I thought the $10 shipping for my 1lb item was high.
I wasn't complaining about their service, or anything about the business, I think amainhobbies is a great store and almost always has everything I need in stock.
Just heard you cannot place anymore orders through amain they just black balled you from their site so sorry
Old 01-10-2012, 08:14 AM   #97
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

This thread has gone on for a while. Over a couple of dollars for shipping! Really?!?! Even if the prices were higher (and they are not) USPS sets the rates. If you ever go in to the post office and ship something yourself, you will notice how expensive it is to ship. I for one will never complain about the shipping. Amain has taken care of me and my buddies by shipping to APO addresses. A lot of you may not know the heartache of shipping to APO, so I will leave it at that. The customer service and support Amain has shown will keep my business for many years to come. Even though I now live about 45 min away, I will still keep shipping. If I can figure out how to avoid Cali taxes...I will really be a happy camper. I also got to stop in the store and warehouse. Second to none customer service, plus a little eye candy. I also heard rumor of a 1/8th track.

Keep up the great customer service and support. I am not going anywhere.
Revooooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #98
Tech Elite

We just announced another change to our shipping policies...

Old 01-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #99
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to kaptain crash

Glad you guys go the extra mile!.....Hope this $25 free shipping stays awhile...which I was told it would. Thanks AMAIN!
Old 01-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #100
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron View Post

Say what ! Im guessing that is a limited time thing right?
Oh it is nevermind thats still a great deal though !

Hobby Hut offroad, Mushroom bowl offroad, Fun Center raceway.
GS HOBBY , Stormer Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, RRP Hobby .
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #101
Tech Elite

Hopes this shut people up.
token is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:45 PM   #102
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
Hopes this shut people up.
and closes this thread down.

A-main has always had good shipping prices IMO, you just have to spend a little money.. If your placing a $15 order then you shouldn't be buying online.. Go to your LHS and have them order it..
Old 01-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #103
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The thing I like most about amain is their consistency. That means a lot to me. Customer service has always been great. I have no complaints other than the occasional wow on shipping.

My local hobby shop doesn't charge shipping so some things i order there. But, they get lazy, forget to place my orders so sometimes I call for a part that should be there only to find out it was never placed . Most of the time I have to stand there 30mins just to place an order.

During race season I won't order from them. I'll go straight to amain.
Consistency.
Franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:24 AM   #104
Tech Regular

Thank you amain! I recently made a purchase from your store after shopping around first at horizon hobby, your store managed to save me almost 40 dollars in shipping. I was getting 3 items from horizon for 67.90 and my total with shipping was going to be 102.20....... Went to amain's site got the same items for 67.50 and FREE SHIPPING!
Ofna hyper 7
Wallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:25 AM   #105
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron View Post

Good deal.

This thread went far and beyond what it was suppose to be, people don't read the thread but then leave comments. Like stated, it seemed high since I've shipped plenty of items, it was $10 for 1lb item, and my lhs didn't carry them, so I had to order them online. I was only curious, but I'm over it now.

This thread was not suppose to be you guys telling me what you thought of amain(I've bought from them plenty of times), if it was, the title would have been different.
honda237 is offline   Reply With Quote