R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-06-2012, 12:09 PM   #76
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsickles View Post
But AMain doesn't 'guarantee' anything... if there's no guarantee, why pay extra?

It's like if I shipped a package, I do pay extra for shipping insurance. Probably 99% of the time I won't end up needing the insurance, so you could say I "wasted" money since I didn't need it... but not really, because there was a GUARANTEE if I did need it.

Paying more for no guarantee just doesn't make sense and it's bad practice that just frustrates customers.
It is worth pointing out since you brought up the issue of insurance, that EVERY order placed with us is fully insured. This is factored into the shipping price, so even though you might have a package that is small, if the value of the package is very high (say an expensive ESC), the insurance is factored into the shipping price automatically. So if your package gets lost, it is covered. Maybe some other shops are not insuring the packages automatically, so their prices may seem a little less?

One thing we don't do is gouge on shipping. With the prices that UPS and USPS charge these days it sure may seem that way, but we don't (and yes, the shipping from UPS and USPS will be going up later this month). We actually get really good rates from UPS and we pass those discounts onto the customer.
kendallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #77
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallb View Post
Yes, and one of the primary reasons we implemented the new shipping estimation system is to ensure that when you check out, you get a really accurate estimate of when the package will arrive at your house. This already takes into account when the shipping carriers pick up, how many orders are in front of your order right now etc, all in real time when you are ready to check out.

So regardless of when an order is actually marked as shipped, at least now the new shipping estimator should be really accurate in terms of when it thinks your package will arrive (it even skips holidays and weekends for your automatically ). Of course this is all new software and it may need a little tweaking, but it is a 100% better than simply saying something is 3-business days away, because that does not take into account how many orders are in front of your at the point when you place your order, not skipping over the weekend or over holidays.
I noticed you had the shipping estimation system in place on my last order a couple of weeks ago and it is quite nice to see you go that extra mile to inform your customers when they could expect to see their purchase. I know that it is only an estimation and not a guarantee that the order will arrive in that specified time (although mine always have )

My suggestion was just to tweak the part where it says the order has shipped even though it is still on your loading dock to avoid any confusion with the customer. It's not a big deal to me, as I've already pointed out, just a suggestion to eliminate a potential issue further down the road with the "not so forgiving" customers.

All-in-all, I have always had great experiences ordering from your site. The layout, features and service have always been top notch. Keep up the good work!
SolderGlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #78
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Why even complain about shipping prices anyways? It is what it is....almost everything has gone up in price including shipping. I order from amain almost every 2 weeks and shipping is almost always under $10 and over $100 it's free. Can't beat that. How much cheaper can it get to make people not complain about it? Seems reasonable to me, always has.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #79
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

A-Main has some of the best and fastest shipping out there, I think

I always try to order on sunday night and choose priority mail.......I have ALWAYS had my pakcages in 2 days (wednesday)

I never use UPS because it seems to be alot slower than USPS (plus some bad experiences with them)
trd4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #80
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I like Amain.

1) They usually have EVERYTHING I need.

2) Prices are fair. Cheapest? Not all the time, but when combined with #1, I can't cry over saving a few dollars. Convenience is far more important to me. The service has always been good too and I don't mind paying for good service.

3) I noticed the shipping seemed more expensive, but in the scheme of things, it doesn't make a difference to me. I would burn that much in gas driving to the only hobby shop in my area worth a damn, so might as well pay the shipping to get what I want in a timely manner.

4) By far the best online website. Tower looks like it was built in 1992 in some kids basement on a Commodore 64.

The only thing that bugs me is the coupon codes. A Main needs to segment their customers like the airlines. I'd like a frequent buyer card so I always get a discount on my purchases. I know I spend several grand a year there so I want to be rewarded for my loyalty and not have to constantly fitz around looking for coupon codes or being told I already used one or may free shipping all the time, etc.

Call us the "A Main" buyers or something. Best and loyal customers.

Sponsors: Visa, Mastercard, Amex, and my wife's bank account.
Edumakated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:49 PM   #81
Tech Regular

Completely satisfied A Main customer here aswell

-If they show it, it is in stock
-Their inventory is vast
-Fast order processing & shipping
-Fair prices
-Shipping prices are okay imo, specially on bigger orders (super saving)
-Discount coupons
-Build up of store credit for loyal customers.
-Free T-shirt every now and then for orders over $150

All in all: A+
Old 01-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #82
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Rsickles

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallb View Post
It is worth pointing out since you brought up the issue of insurance, that EVERY order placed with us is fully insured. This is factored into the shipping price, so even though you might have a package that is small, if the value of the package is very high (say an expensive ESC), the insurance is factored into the shipping price automatically. So if your package gets lost, it is covered. Maybe some other shops are not insuring the packages automatically, so their prices may seem a little less?

One thing we don't do is gouge on shipping. With the prices that UPS and USPS charge these days it sure may seem that way, but we don't (and yes, the shipping from UPS and USPS will be going up later this month). We actually get really good rates from UPS and we pass those discounts onto the customer.
Insurance was just my poor attempt at an analogy, Kendall, but that's good info to know. The rates I've paid have always seemed very fair, customer service has always been top-notch whenever I dealt with them, inventory is big and prices are very competitive. Majority of my online orders are likely to continue being AMain for sometime. My post was merely to touch on the confusing Rush Processing option, especially with the new shipping estimator.
Rsickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:45 PM   #83
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i'm from PR and 95% of my stuff comes from A MAIN, never a problem or issue.. loyal costumer since 2006!!!!
Old 01-07-2012, 01:05 AM   #84
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Never one mistake on any order that I have received and that is pretty awesome in my book I don't mind paying for shipping when my orders are 100% right everytime