R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallee View Post
Ha ha I might do that. You act offended by my comment. if so why? just curious.
It seems that you are trying to blame A-Main for an issue that should be directed at UPS. There never has been a guarantee on UPS ground shipping times.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #47
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 071crazy View Post
It seems that you are trying to blame A-Main for an issue that should be directed at UPS. There never has been a guarantee on UPS ground shipping times.

True, I agree. Bad time to order through the ups system through the holidays I guess.
Wallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:06 PM   #48
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Wow.... it seems like there are a lot of people upset with amain..
offroad dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #49
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad dude View Post
Wow.... it seems like there are a lot of people upset with amain..
its not AMAIN or any other place, its the shipping company, im sure these places are just as mad as everyone having to wait, these threads dont do justice for them. only hurts their bussiness because people blame them when its NOT THEIR FAULT
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #50
Tech Prophet

UPS sucks always even after the holidays .
Yea Amain prices have been going up compared to other smaller online r/c stores. Now the issue on shipping prices i dont think its that bad but usually i just order off of GShobby or stormer hobbies sometimes tower.

But i do think shipping companys really overcharge and yes online retailers could use smaller packages for certain things and not bigger ones to charge more for shipping.

Hobby Hut offroad, Mushroom bowl offroad, Fun Center raceway.
GS HOBBY , Stormer Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, RRP Hobby .
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #51
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallee View Post
Ha ha I might do that. You act offended by my comment. if so why? just curious.
No i am not offended by your post. I just hate seeing Amain take the wrap all the time when it is clearly UPS to blame. Sorry if i was a little blunt in my wording.
---Xray, RC America, Pro-Line Racing, FX Royal, Hudy, KO Propo, 92zero Designs, Vision Racing Products, RW-Mods, Team Loosenuts, forddesigns.net--- Big Thanks to: Wheel Brokers Track and Shop, Pine City MN~ "Stompy"
rider313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #52
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Some companies have had price increases. When this happens, it trickles down to the rest of us. It's common economic sense.
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:18 PM   #53
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
I like HRP the best for shipping. I get my stuff from Utah to Arizona in 2 days even during the holidays. Shipping charges are much cheaper than Great Planes also
We don't pay shipping from Great Planes nor Horizon. HRP, you have to meet the amount for free shipping. HRP just doesn't stock enough product most of the time. Losi and other Horizon products are a must for us. They produce the money making equipment from the ground to the air.
The good side to HRP is the warehouse in Fla and PA. This has helped some what but HRP is our 3rd choice for just about anything. Positioned in WV, all distributors are a 2-day ship except for HRP (Utah).
We had a big race in Columbus, Ohio and ordered 20 OS Speeds and had them sent overnight. Took longer (4-days) than the normal order would.
Gotta say that shipping is getting higher and worse at the sametime. It amazes me that people bicker about jobs but those who have good jobs don't take care of them.
We Americans are good at one thing, payday and quiting time.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:18 PM   #54
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno13 View Post
both UPS and USPS really screwed things up this holiday season, being busy and shutting down many prossesing centers this year (including the one in my town).
many non rc related things i ordered for christmas where late. and ordered them 2 weeks before christmas. i was just happy i got them. better late than never!
Look at this way. For every posts on this thread, imagine if it were a letter in the mail. Now you can understand why the USPS has shut down processing centers.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #55
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
Look at this way. For every posts on this thread, imagine if it were a letter in the mail. Now you can understand why the USPS has shut down processing centers.
you think they would open more! if they are busy,....why close processing centers and make them worse.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #56
Tech Elite

The Postal service has gotten by without having to account for anything for way too long. Simple waste and thrift has gotten them where they are today.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #57
Tech Elite

These threads always get so big, so fast. There is a lot of feedback here, and a lot of it is constructive. Now seems like an appropriate time to clear a few things up

I shot a few PM's out to those who made comments that I felt should be addressed privately; if this post doesn't answer your questions, please let me know.

- A Main Hobbies' shipping charges are what we are charged from the carriers; the company is not charging extra cash to make money, like was mentioned. Doing so would be wrong.

- A Main does not use USPS Flat Rate shipping. The warehouse can ship the orders for the same amount, or less, by packing them individually. Flat Rate boxes make it easy to guess how much the package will cost, but they're most efficiently used when you stuff them full of heavy items; heavy items in the RC world are the ones that you most often want to protect.

- We ship small orders in boxes, rather than envelopes, to protect your equipment inside it. A bag of screws in a small box is no more expensive than an envelope.

- We are on the West Coast. As far as shipping items are concerned, we can't really get much further west. Depending on where you are, that could cause both the price and shipping interval to increase; that's why the free and discounted shipping options are available, to help offset those costs.

- The optional rush processing fee has nothing to do with the cost of shipping, the items you ordered, or anything else. We pick orders based largely on the order in which they are received, though reasonable priority is given to expedited packages so that time-sensitive shipping services, like Next Day Air, actually work correctly. The rush processing option gives your order a priority bump regardless of shipping option.

- Our orders are marked "shipped" when they are placed in the box, taped up, labelled, and taken to the loading dock; because this is the last step that your package takes in our warehouse. This is why your package may be marked "shipped" on a weekend or at night, before it is physically placed in the truck.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:02 PM   #58
Tech Elite

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I assure all of you that there's nothing shady going on. If you have a question about something, just ask! If you want a straight answer, come straight to us. That's why we have a customer service department here, why my e-mail address is in my signature at the bottom of this post, why we have our own forum, why we regularly interact with customers on social media sites, etc.

Just as a side note, since some of you have posted photos showing some of the changes we've made:
- During checkout, when selecting your shipping carrier, you'll now notice estimated arrival dates. These estimates take into account where your order is in the warehouse queue, as well as reports from the shipping carriers. That way, you can better choose the shipping option that fits your budget and scheduling needs.
- All orders that qualify for our FREE Super Saver Shipping are now eligible for discounts on all shipping carriers.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #59
Suspended

atleast they dont ask anyone to pay as GIFT. i would much rather pay a few more bucks and know im getting it.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:11 PM   #60
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg B View Post
The Postal service has gotten by without having to account for anything for way too long. Simple waste and thrift has gotten them where they are today.
I agree and I think he missed my point. The amount of snail mail today has drastically reduced due to other means of communication. Think of how many people pay their bills online now compared to dropping a check in the mail with a stamp.