R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2012, 07:12 AM   #181
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: southeastern ohio
Posts: 375
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

I order almost everything from amain, and when I do, it's usually big orders so the shipping isn't a big deal. As far as my local hobby shops are concerned, I almost never buy from them. i do buy from the guy at our indoor track, but it's almost a 2 hour drive and I rarely get there.

We do have 2 local hobby shops in our area about a half hour from where I live. i have tried and tried to deal with both of them, and neither will really support anything but traxxas, and has no interest in helping us out. I have tried to get them to start carrying decent fuel, and getting some of their customers to come to our track, to try and get them some business, but they are not interested. As hard as it is for hobby shops to make it, it blows my mind they don't get some of their customers together and come and bring their slashes or whatever they have to our track and run some. You don't need to buy new parts, unless your on the track breaking them. I really can't beilieve ow poorly ran the place is. They seem to have little interest in stirring up interest in racing.
bevofrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #182
Tech Elite
 
Aaron Waldron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 3,720
Default

rageworks - Our inventory management system automatically orders items when they are nearly out, and adjusts the quantity based on previous sales. Most of the backordered items on our site are not available from either the manufacturer or distributor at the moment, so there simply is no way for us to get more. Trust me, we've been trying.
__________________
Aaron Waldron - LiveRC
www.liverc.com
Aaron Waldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:44 PM   #183
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 991
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevofrancis View Post
I order almost everything from amain, and when I do, it's usually big orders so the shipping isn't a big deal. As far as my local hobby shops are concerned, I almost never buy from them. i do buy from the guy at our indoor track, but it's almost a 2 hour drive and I rarely get there.

We do have 2 local hobby shops in our area about a half hour from where I live. i have tried and tried to deal with both of them, and neither will really support anything but traxxas, and has no interest in helping us out. I have tried to get them to start carrying decent fuel, and getting some of their customers to come to our track, to try and get them some business, but they are not interested. As hard as it is for hobby shops to make it, it blows my mind they don't get some of their customers together and come and bring their slashes or whatever they have to our track and run some. You don't need to buy new parts, unless your on the track breaking them. I really can't beilieve ow poorly ran the place is. They seem to have little interest in stirring up interest in racing.
Hobby shops make a lot more money on bashers than they will on racers. It is a fact, bashers break and upgrade there equipment WAY more often than a racer will. 90% of racers take care of there equipment and do not bash it, and are always looking for a deal.
__________________
Rui Almeida
Hamilton, Ontario
CANADA
I am not sponsored, these are the products I chose to support.
Serpent SRX8, Sanwa M11s, Sanwa SRX-BX servos, Picco 5TB
RAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:04 PM   #184
Tech Fanatic
 
drstrangelove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Singapore
Posts: 867
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlmeida View Post
Hobby shops make a lot more money on bashers than they will on racers. It is a fact, bashers break and upgrade there equipment WAY more often than a racer will. 90% of racers take care of there equipment and do not bash it, and are always looking for a deal.
__________________
Accepting sponsors who need to test their products durability :)
drstrangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:25 PM   #185
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: southeastern ohio
Posts: 375
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlmeida View Post
Hobby shops make a lot more money on bashers than they will on racers. It is a fact, bashers break and upgrade there equipment WAY more often than a racer will. 90% of racers take care of there equipment and do not bash it, and are always looking for a deal.
If I owned a hobby shop, I would sell to bashers, and try to get as many of them into racing as much as I could. There are at least 4 really nice tracks within an hour of the place, and no one I have talked to there has ever been to any of them. you would think they would want their customers racing every weekend to try and get them more active in the hobby. I really doubt bashers last near as long in the hobby as racers do. It gets really boring running your car in the field or park.

for example. Byrons fuel costs dealers aout 20$ a gallon, so they make at least 10$ a gallon for each sold, and 30$ is a pretty cheap gallon of fuel. We tried to get them to order fuel for 8 of us and they wouldn't do it. We were going through about an order of it every few months. Thats 32 gallons of fuel just for us within a few months time. That's several hundred dollars a month they could have made just for carrying our fuel for us, and we couldn't get them to order it because they said no one runs 30%. They finally got around to ordering it, but we had already got some ourselves. I called and they said they had it, and there was only one gallon left a few days later. The crazy thing is they never ordered anymore.

It just amazes me that as many times that i went there, and tried to get them to work with us, that they wouldn't. I even told them about mini z racing which would be perfect for every hobby shop. The track will fit right in their store, and they could hold races there. All the parts would work on ever single persons cars, and it's not near as expensive to get started in as bigger cars, and they just looked at me like I'm crazy. Mini Zs are the perfect hobby shops car. Easy to work on, all parts are universal, and the track can be setup in minutes and stored easily. A hobby shops dream.

It seems to me, unless you are like Amain or the other big online stores. You have to either go where the racers are, or bring the racers to you to get sells. Bashing I'm sure is great and all, but if you could get racers in your area to come to you, their the ones who spend the really big bucks on the cars and parts.
bevofrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #186
Tech Fanatic
 
drstrangelove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Singapore
Posts: 867
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Waiting patiently but getting thinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron View Post
drstrangelove - We should have the individual parts available for pre-order soon as well.
__________________
Accepting sponsors who need to test their products durability :)
drstrangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #187
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 722
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Bit off topic.

When you sort by best sellers (1/8 buggys for example), over what sorta time period is that based?
thorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:00 PM   #188
Tech Master
 
Rsickles's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southeast USA
Posts: 1,325
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Rsickles
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drstrangelove View Post
Waiting patiently but getting thinner
To my knowledge A Main won't list individual parts for pre order without photos. At least that was my experience before.
Rsickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #189
Tech Elite
 
Aaron Waldron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 3,720
Default

I'm very sorry for missing this thread! I didn't see that there were any new responses, and I apologize for that.

drstrangelove - We've got them up for pre-order: http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...59&filter_cat=

Rsickles - We do try to make sure we have complete photos and information on the site, as well as making sure we have the proper quantities on pre-order.

thorns - Our "Recently Added" sort function shows the best sellers over the last 30 days.
__________________
Aaron Waldron - LiveRC
www.liverc.com
Aaron Waldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #190
Tech Champion
 
Pulse_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,081
Default

1$ shipping for Belgium doesn't look high to me. I don't know how they do it but I always keep ordering on amain
__________________
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1CAwFfuz1K3chBSVpIlSew
Pulse_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #191
Tech Addict
 
Precision1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 662
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Free shipping is still pretty cheap, but this needs some attention!

Damn that looks nice! So you guys have a sweet indoor and outdoor track now, excellent!

Is that beast open for practice/play? How much $?

I like the lights for late night Chico racing to avoid the heat. It would be sweet to have rc's running w/ the sprint cars booming in the background.
Precision1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #192
Tech Master
 
305M3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,179
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Here is a link for fees:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/Tracks/fees/

On the upper left hand corner, you can see a bunch of tabs for track info... There is also a thread started in the racing thread section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precision1 View Post
Free shipping is still pretty cheap, but this needs some attention!

Damn that looks nice! So you guys have a sweet indoor and outdoor track now, excellent!

Is that beast open for practice/play? How much $?

I like the lights for late night Chico racing to avoid the heat. It would be sweet to have rc's running w/ the sprint cars booming in the background.
305M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:50 PM   #193
Tech Master
 
sschultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SW Minnesota
Posts: 1,344
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlmeida View Post
Hobby shops make a lot more money on bashers than they will on racers. It is a fact, bashers break and upgrade there equipment WAY more often than a racer will. 90% of racers take care of there equipment and do not bash it, and are always looking for a deal.
I respectfully have to DISAGREE! Bashers are NOT changing clutch bearings, shoes, glow plugs, etc between heat races not to mention diff and shock oils.
sschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:06 PM   #194
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,931
Default

Well I was looking to order a few things, and kept going back and forth among Tower, Amain, and Nitrohouse. In the end I ordered from Tower and Nitrohouse, because well Tower's discount codes are just unbeatable, and Nitrohouse had an Ofna DM-1 clutch bell(Amain, I would have ordered that and more besides if you had those stupid clutch bells in stock..) Was close..

But anyway, what shocks me is, I ordered this stuff on Saturday - OK, the weekend..., but still. I just got shipping confirmation on Wed (Tower) and Thursday (NH).. That's a lllllooooonnnng delay it seems til stuff gets shipped out.. (This stuff btw is being delivered to a US address..)

As for Amain's shipping prices, including to Germany, they don't seem bad to me at all.. Happy with Amain - though this time Tower won out with their huge discount codes.. (was just a couple pipes and some small stuff..)
__________________
-Team Associated RC8.2, RC8T CE, & SC8 with 1.) Argus A52/0801, 2.) RB Fire 11/2058 or 053, 3.) RB Blast V9/2045, 4.) Nosram RS.30RR/JP-4, & 5.) modded Nosram RS.21RR/086
-LST2 #1 with Losi 454 & LST2 #2 with Dynamite Big Red .28
-Ofna DM-1 with silver Mach 427/2047
-TT MT4 G3
Herrsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:04 PM   #195
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,867
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage View Post
Well I was looking to order a few things, and kept going back and forth among Tower, Amain, and Nitrohouse. In the end I ordered from Tower and Nitrohouse, because well Tower's discount codes are just unbeatable, and Nitrohouse had an Ofna DM-1 clutch bell(Amain, I would have ordered that and more besides if you had those stupid clutch bells in stock..) Was close..

But anyway, what shocks me is, I ordered this stuff on Saturday - OK, the weekend..., but still. I just got shipping confirmation on Wed (Tower) and Thursday (NH).. That's a lllllooooonnnng delay it seems til stuff gets shipped out.. (This stuff btw is being delivered to a US address..)

As for Amain's shipping prices, including to Germany, they don't seem bad to me at all.. Happy with Amain - though this time Tower won out with their huge discount codes.. (was just a couple pipes and some small stuff..)



Tower Hobbies is slow on there shipping although yea there discounts on there kits mostly cant be beat There shipping isnt the cheapest though if you dont order enough for free shipping.

Amain Hobbies i dont think there shipping prices are that bad i mean heck you get free shipping over $25 ! If the free shipping doesnt come come in the time frame i need it i choose ethier the UPS 3 day or the USPS regular shipping which ethier is that expensive.
__________________
Losi SCTE 4x4, Tekno SC410 4X4 SC, Associated T4.1, Hitec 7954sh, mamba monster 2200kv, airtronics MX-3 X. Losi SCTE 4x4, Tekno SC410 4X4 SC, Associated T4.1, Mugen MBX6 ECO .

Hobby Hut offroad, Mushroom bowl offroad, Fun Center raceway.
GS HOBBY , Stormer Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, RRP Hobby .
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali! DannyS California Racing 14045 01-19-2014 08:33 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:19 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net