R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-10-2012, 12:55 AM   #151
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi kendallb,

Thanks for your reply. The only thing that kind of make me not happy about is to see the points I collected getting deducted after a 90 days. Will you guys consider extending them to a year? Sometime you do want to keep that points for a bigger purchase.

Cheers an happy driving. Or for your case, happy selling

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallb View Post
drstrangelove and Contingency,

I understand completely. We've simply chosen to go a different route with our pricing model.

Our goal is not to win customers on price alone, but to provide excellent service that increases the value of shopping with us for all customers, regardless of how much they spend. That's why we maintain such a wide variety of inventory, employ a large customer service staff, and have the warehouse personnel required to get your order out the door quickly. Our in-house IT department is able to implement customer-friendly features like the free t-shirt promo, intelligent real-time inventory management, and the shipping estimator, all aimed at providing the best shopping experience.

Of course, all of this costs money. To provide these services, and this level of attention, while selling products at a significantly lower margin just isn't feasible.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #152
Tech Master

I used to avoid ordering from amain because I sometimes could not get the order to go beyond $100 to get the discounted shipping. But now with the $25 deal, I find myself ordering more from them. I hope this is not a limited time offer, but I'm sure they notice an increase in order volume since the new deal.
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:51 PM   #153
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
drstrangelove and Contingency,

Our goal is not to win customers on price alone, but to provide excellent service that increases the value of shopping with us for all customers, regardless of how much they spend. That's why we maintain such a wide variety of inventory, employ a large customer service staff, and have the warehouse personnel required to get your order out the door quickly. Our in-house IT department is able to implement customer-friendly features like the free t-shirt promo, intelligent real-time inventory management, and the shipping estimator, all aimed at providing the best shopping experience.

Of course, all of this costs money. To provide these services, and this level of attention, while selling products at a significantly lower margin just isn't feasible.

That's why I keep coming back! I've spent $1000's over the years and I rather pay a little more for the excellent customer service, real-time inventory stats, and awesome shipping!
Gixer Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #154
Tech Elite

if you see this post a main your doing a grate job
vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:44 AM   #155
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Unless I need something THAT day, I order from amain.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #156
Tech Fanatic

Hi Amain,

Another improvement that I can recommend is that when people place an order for personal use but would like it to be deliver to their office, it would be good if you can have an option that says, "Personal item, just sending to office" or something.

What happen was, I made a purchased and got you guys to deliver to my office but was held up by UPS as they required the company registration number for tax purposes and will not release the package unless I provide them with the company registration number.

The problem is, should I do that, they will charge the tax under my company and my company is required to declare the tax in the accounting. After much explaination, UPS agreed to indicate that this is a personal item and charge the tax under my name.

As you can see, this can be an issue. The reason why I'm using my office address is because I know there won't be anyone at home to receive the package (I stay alone). I'm aware that UPS will try multiple times should there be no one at home but that's not really going to help me as I work overtime nearly everyday (except weekend - ad agency).

I will also need to put my company name plus my name as my company bimbo receptionist will get all confused and reject the package even though you have inform her to expect such package before hand (yah, i know this is my company bimbo receptionist issue)

So, I think by having an addtional indication in your invoice that it's just a personal item to be delivered to an office, it might solve the problem.

I know I should be sending this to amain directly but thought I should share this here so that others with the same issue will think this is a good idea and support the idea And I know amain is watching this thread
Old 02-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #157
Tech Elite

I have my stuff delivered to my job all the time... Never had a problem....
token is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #158
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
I have my stuff delivered to my job all the time... Never had a problem....
Yap, I did too and never had a problem, but it seems now is a new rule as what I was told by UPS. Or maybe because of the value amount of the package. But yap, my package got stuck with the custom since last week Friday. I could have got it on Saturday and set it up for Sunday evening race but nope, I didn't get to do that. Just got it clear this morning after a few phone calls and explanation.

The sucks part, UPS didn't even bother to call! You have to call and speak to a few people before you get an answer to the delay in clearing the custom.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:38 PM   #159
Tech Elite

drstrangelove - That's an odd issue; sorry for the inconvenience! We ship to alternate addresses (and alternate recipients) all the time. I asked one of our customer service representatives to contact you about the issue so that he can look into it; if you haven't yet, you can expect an e-mail soon.

As for the reward points; we've talked about extending them among the few ideas we've discussed recently, but there are no plans right now to make them last longer.

token, bansh88, and vito - Thanks so much!
Old 02-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #160
Tech Adept

drstrangelove that is quite odd. Are you based in the USA or overseas? I have never heard of them doing that for USA orders, but perhaps they are being more strict about how to collect duties for international orders?
kendallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:24 PM   #161
Tech Elite

sorry the site down but a a main is my one stop shop i like them
Old 02-13-2012, 03:52 PM   #162
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito View Post
sorry the site down but a a main is my one stop shop i like them
Yes apparantly the website is down for everyone. Sucks because I need to order some items immediately.
ShadowX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #163
Tech Elite

its back up guys
Old 02-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #164
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Aaron Waldron & kendallb,

I'm in Singapore. I find that odd to man. I've ordered from Amain a few times and this 3 months alone, been 3 times and never had such issue before until this one.

I've already change my shipping address to take out the company name (in case I forget for future orders) and will handle that bimbo receptionist of mine. think would be easier to handle her than UPS!

My package arrive on last Friday but stuck at the custom on Friday and Saturday (they work on Saturday). Same thing on Monday (yesterday) but I decided to call UPS to find out what happen, I was told that they need my company (the company i work for and supposed to be delivered to that address) registration number for GST purposes. I find it strange but did give them (can be easily search online through the company registration number, UPS! And please call so people will know what is the issue! UPS!)

Anyway, I decided to call up the Singapore Custom to check on this. I was told that I should ask the vendor (Amain - you guys) to indicate that it's a personal purchase in the invoice so that they won't request for the company information. They stated that since I'm using the company address and put my company name, it will be taken as company purchase. Even though I have my name there.

Got a call from UPS to check further and I explained to the lady that it's a personal purchase and I'm just sending to my company address so that I can receive the package. After much talking, the UPS lady was kind enough to change the status as personal purchase thus not requiring me to charge the GST under my company name (or my account ladies will me). and also agreed to expedite my delivery on the same day itself (which obviously they should since the delay was cause by them failing to contact me about the issue!)

Anyway, all good on my side now. but though I should inform yo guys just in-case others might have the same issue.

Quote:
drstrangelove that is quite odd. Are you based in the USA or overseas? I have never heard of them doing that for USA orders, but perhaps they are being more strict about how to collect duties for international orders?
Old 02-13-2012, 07:34 PM   #165
Tech Initiate

amainhobbies is the only decent option where I live.
eddyeddy is offline   Reply With Quote