R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (97%+)
Default Narrowed down to rc8.2 and MBX6R

I am looking to get a new buggy to race with. I will be driving it purely at the track. Which one would be better for racing? I would consider me an entry level racer. Which one has the most potential? No one really sells either one buggy parts locally. There is a Losi dealer here in town but i have a losi and wanting to try something else for this coming season. rc8.2 or mbx6r and why? Or any other recommendations?

Thanks!
charlesandstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesandstuff View Post
I am looking to get a new buggy to race with. I will be driving it purely at the track. Which one would be better for racing? I would consider me an entry level racer. Which one has the most potential? No one really sells either one buggy parts locally. There is a Losi dealer here in town but i have a losi and wanting to try something else for this coming season. rc8.2 or mbx6r and why? Or any other recommendations?

Thanks!
Theres already a thread exactly asking this search a few pages. Other then that read on both the AE rc8 thread and mbx6 and learn to choose what seems to fit you more. There are fanboys that will simply say get this because they run it and like it and then theres some that can give infor but mostly just fanboys. Best thing to really do is go to local tracks and see what you see more of that will offer more tips and help from the local scene. Then look at both in person hold em maybe even ask to test drive a lap or 2. Honstly both are good and durable. I see the ae wear a bit faster but nothing terrible. Best thing to do is try local seen then listening to people over the internet. Not saying your ganna get wrong answers but the people at the track can physically help alot more. Then come here for tips and tricks. Choosing what others say to get is somthing i would never do again, iv'e done it twice and totally hated it. Go with ur gut and try it. Worst case get the mbx6 and if no sell it because the mugens tend to hold better re sale value and easier to sell then alot of others on market because pricing is pretty firm all over the web and at shops. Hope this helps, Either choice im sure you will be pleased with.

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:39 PM   #3
Tech Champion

What he said.. I had made the other thread with the exact same question. In the end I got the RC8.2, mostly because of parts availability here where I am, and the fact that I already have a bunch of Associated parts on hand. It was also €70 cheaper...

I would really, really like to try a Mugen some day, but this time wasn't the time..

As for quality, both will be great afaic.. Associated is top-notch - no doubt about it. Part quality is excellent, etc.. They're also very tough. It was a nice build, and I can't wait to run it.. The Mugen is of course also top of the line. And as stated, you might get a slightly higher resale value with the Mugen.

And then also what he said, what do the other guys at your track run?..

Honestly, both are neck and neck probably in terms of potential and overall value. You just have to figure out the details - part availability, price, what the locals run, etc.. - to decide which is the better call for you. There were some pretty good and balanced comments in that other thread, so check that out for starters.. In the end, the best call is always to go with your gut IMO. Both will be awesome, so just go with whichever jumps out at you more.. (I really liked that body on the Mugen ha ha... But not the battery tray design..)
-LST2 #1 with Losi 454 & LST2 #2 with Dynamite Big Red .28
-Ofna DM-1 with silver Mach 427/2047
-TT MT4 G3
Herrsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:01 AM   #4
Tech Elite

My mate drove the Associated RC8.1 and now he drivers a mbx6. He likes the Mugen better than the associated, but he isn't a very good driver. I think the Mugen forgives more than the Associated. If you at pro's, the mugens are as fast as the associate cars. I think the quality of the Mugen is a bit higher than the associated and the Mugen wears slower, but the parts of the associated are cheaper.

I've only run Losi and Mugen myself, but I like the Mugen way better on the track I drive on. And the build quality of the Mugen is a lot better than the Losi.