Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Wow shocking with pavidas at tlr
Also surprised aka let cody king go
But with all the new tires from p li.e not too surprising
jewn_beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Why not sign him. He's a selling machine. Most try to copy him so signing him is a plus on the bottom line.
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Awesome news! Congrats to Adam, Cody and Proline.
chad bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #5
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to RushDL

Man thats Great!
Old 01-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #6
Tech Addict

Follow the money
Old 01-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Pretty intresting,

Looks as if Pro Line is working hard to regain their Worlds Title for tires. Don't blame them for trying.

Also makes me wonder what PL has up their seleves as far as new tires or tire tech?

ZX6 - RB6 - MP9e
Fantom Racing, Cheater Racing
Houston's Engine Service
Teufel Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #8
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Rsickles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel Racing View Post
Also makes me wonder what PL has up their seleves as far as new tires or tire tech?
Probably nothing until someone else makes a move. Seems Proline has always been 'following' the last couple years with the off-road tire industry... meaning product releases are just a mere reaction to the market/competition, not an independent step forward ahead of the rest.

[/Waits for PL lover hate rants]
Rsickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #9
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Its about time pro line was king back in the days then they slowly faded with no tires being released with foam issues they were more of a monster truck supplier for the last years in my opinion the last tire with a good response was the caliber and I'm glad there coming out with new products and better foams. I stopped buying cause I had so many issues with inconsistent foams omg some tires required a boat load of putty to balance.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:07 PM   #10
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsickles View Post
Probably nothing until someone else makes a move. Seems Proline has always been 'following' the last couple years with the off-road tire industry... meaning product releases are just a mere reaction to the market/competition, not an independent step forward ahead of the rest.

[/Waits for PL lover hate rants]
With their latest additions to the team, Pro-Line definitely has the people behind them to make new and innovative tires, but only time will tell.

It will be interesting to see how much tire technology will change in the next few years...

JQ Products, Pro-Line, TKO, Buku, Werks Fuel, Savox, A Main Hobbies, and Uncle Don's Hobbies
8ight-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:54 AM   #11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I'm hoping to see what happens long term,

It sure looks like something good is coming from the PL camp. I doubt they'd go out and sign the top guys that they did if they didn't have a little something that they were working or or wanting to work on that will be good or better than what there now.

Having said that, Tire innovation in some aspects have lacked some and in other aspects have made leaps and bounds. Hopefully PL is looking to go back to what made them. Innovation and high quality products that worked for anyone. Lets face it, the top "Pro's" needs in a tire often times are vastly different from a "Club" racers needs. Yet what wins on Sunday and sells on Monday is still true.

One innovation I've asked about and hope to maybe see is a dual tire compound. Whereas the side walls and tread are different compounds. With the super soft compounds that are widely being used, sometimes the sidewalls fail long before the glue bead does. My thinking is that a slightly harder sidewall/gluebead would help to keep the tire from tearing itslf apart, yet the tread is still soft enough to give the grip needed. I'm told that the tech. to do so is there, but the current cost to do so it just too much. Sometimes innovation isn't cheap.

Again I think it's a smart move on PL's part. Now the question is who will fill the spots for Losi tires and maybe more importantly AKA tires?

ZX6 - RB6 - MP9e
Fantom Racing, Cheater Racing
Houston's Engine Service
Teufel Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:28 AM   #12
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to kaptain crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad bradley View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel Racing View Post
Pretty intresting,

Looks as if Pro Line is working hard to regain their Worlds Title for tires. Don't blame them for trying.

Hope that Adam and Cody could teach them how to glue their premounts on so they stay, had problems with their calibers and bowties. Sure, they say send them back, we will send you new ones....yeah, a little late after you have one flopping off while trying to finish your main! And im not the only one at my track with the same issues with proline. Never had any issues with AKA'S comming off...hope proline gets back in the program.
Attached Thumbnails
DRAKE TO PROLINE!!!!-picture-27.jpg  
Old 01-05-2012, 06:58 AM   #13
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad bradley View Post
Drake is going to be running at local event i will beat this weekend will get to see him running thier stuff although probably will run tazers as thats the tire that is good there
jewn_beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:42 AM   #14
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptain crash View Post
Hope that Adam and Cody could teach them how to glue their premounts on so they stay, had problems with their calibers and bowties. Sure, they say send them back, we will send you new ones....yeah, a little late after you have one flopping off while trying to finish your main! And im not the only one at my track with the same issues with proline. Never had any issues with AKA'S comming off...hope proline gets back in the program.
M2 coumpound? I found that the M2 coumpounds don't bond with the glue like it should. I have seen a tire just peel off like yours leaving the glue on the wheel.

Having that said PL's new CC blue buggy foams are pretty good. Not as great as aka's red foam but it's on par with aka's grooved black foam. Definetly want to try out some Tazzers this spring.
---Xray, RC America, Pro-Line Racing, FX Royal, Hudy, KO Propo, 92zero Designs, Vision Racing Products, RW-Mods, Team Loosenuts, forddesigns.net--- Big Thanks to: Wheel Brokers Track and Shop, Pine City MN~ "Stompy"
rider313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:29 AM   #15
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to kaptain crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider313 View Post
M2 coumpound? I found that the M2 coumpounds don't bond with the glue like it should. I have seen a tire just peel off like yours leaving the glue on the wheel.

Having that said PL's new CC blue buggy foams are pretty good. Not as great as aka's red foam but it's on par with aka's grooved black foam. Definetly want to try out some Tazzers this spring.
Think m3...its been awhile...factory glued. Kind sucks like the prolines, they just seem to go flat easyer Have to turn the oven to 450 to bake my aka's off...proline...just have to race them on the track