Wiki Posts
Search

New Losi 8ight 2.0EU Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 05:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 266 (100%+)
Default New Losi 8ight 2.0EU Buggy

Check out the new Team losi 8ight 2.0EU buggy.I got it from Rcspecial.com. This vehicle will only be available for purchase in Europe, UK, South Africa and Australia; this vehicle will not be sold in North America.

http://rcspecial.com/news/?p=40424
Old 02-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What is the difference? Just setup for boring high speed flat tracks? Body has a nice paint job.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The 8IGHT 2.0 EU Buggy Kit features the following optimized features:
• Aluminum king pin spindles and carriers that feature 5 degrees of inclination and 12 degrees of caster for improved steering control
• Front and rear shock towers that feature additional laid down shock locations to improve vehicle handling by smoothing out vehicle response on high speed tracks
• 15mm Vented shock caps and foam bladder compensators for increased rebounding ability to the shocks and improved pressurization during temperature fluctuations
• Adjustable front and rear hinge pin braces offer multiple tuning options with sixteen adjustment cams on the rear brace for quick and easy adjustments
• A redesigned 8IGHT 2.0 European-style body creates more down force on high speed European tracks
• Eight differently sized metal servo inserts are included for steering and throttle to eliminate servo horn issues
• Visit www.Losi.com for information on additional optimized features of the 8IGHT 2.0 EU Buggy Kit
• This vehicle will only be available for purchase in Europe, UK, South Africa and Australia; this vehicle will not be sold in North America

Looks like they did the shock mod. They will include some really nice parts stock.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Tech Prophet

how do you think it would do on a us track? i know you proberty would just have to change, the setup on it.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What engine is that? In the gossip section on Neobuggy there a rumor that losi is working on a engine????
Old 02-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

It looks like a losi engine
Old 02-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Tech Champion

Default ,

I like the body. I hope they sell it in the U.S. If they came out with the buggy that means the truggy is coming out soon.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by guss2009
I like the body. I hope they sell it in the U.S. If they came out with the buggy that means the truggy is coming out soon.
Truggy racing hasn't really caught on in europe so I'm pretty sure Losi will not make a Euro spec 8 T.
This kit is really just a 2.0 with a high speed track set up The only real changes i can see is the shock tower and probably a little caster change, Maybe gearing, other than that...
Old 02-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Headline News : Losi present 8ight 2.0 EU
Posted by Admin on 2010/2/3 21:33:36 (1236 reads)

Team Losi Racing has taken the most innovative, revolutionary 1/8-scale buggy design in racing history one step further. The 1/8-scale 8IGHT 2.0 European Spec Buggy Kit (LOSK0804EU) provides racers with a ground-breaking kit that is optimized specifically for European-style track setups. Using track-tested tuning setups from top European nitro racers, as well as newly engineered features and design elements aimed at the European market, the 8IGHT 2.0 EU Buggy Kit is professionally dialed and ready for assembly.
Click Read More for details

• Aluminum king pin spindles and carriers that feature 5 degrees of inclination and 12 degrees of caster for improved steering control
• Front and rear shock towers that feature additional laid down shock locations to improve vehicle handling by smoothing out vehicle response on high speed tracks
• 15mm Vented shock caps and foam bladder compensators for increased rebounding ability to the shocks and improved pressurization during temperature fluctuations
• Adjustable front and rear hinge pin braces offer multiple tuning options with sixteen adjustment cams on the rear brace for quick and easy adjustments
• A redesigned 8IGHT 2.0 European-style body creates more down force on high speed European tracks
• Eight differently sized metal servo inserts are included for steering and throttle to eliminate servo horn issues
• Visit www.Losi.com for information on additional optimized features of the 8IGHT 2.0 EU Buggy Kit
This vehicle will only be available for purchase in Europe, UK, South Africa and Australia; this vehicle will not be sold in North America
Old 02-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

IT IS NOT FOR SELL IN NORTH AMERICA
Old 02-03-2010, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by losi_racer
IT IS NOT FOR SELL IN NORTH AMERICA
Easy guys, i think he was refering to the body.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Dont worry soon enough it will work its way to the USA
Old 02-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Nobody hit the panic button, they basically just laid the shocks down and gave it a body and an extra suffix on the name.

Along with the predone 'shock mod'...dunno why we can't have that over here

Looks like they played with the caster and kingpin inclination maybe and included the adj. hing pin braces already on the car/in the kit.

Anyone know what our caster and kingpin inclination is now on the 2.0? They mentioned the 5deg. and 12deg. caster on the EU; I don't even know what the current 2.0 specs are.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Tech Champion

Default .

Originally Posted by Djballen
Headline News : Losi present 8ight 2.0 EU
Posted by Admin on 2010/2/3 21:33:36 (1236 reads)

Team Losi Racing has taken the most innovative, revolutionary 1/8-scale buggy design in racing history one step further. The 1/8-scale 8IGHT 2.0 European Spec Buggy Kit (LOSK0804EU) provides racers with a ground-breaking kit that is optimized specifically for European-style track setups. Using track-tested tuning setups from top European nitro racers, as well as newly engineered features and design elements aimed at the European market, the 8IGHT 2.0 EU Buggy Kit is professionally dialed and ready for assembly.
Click Read More for details

When i say i hope they sell it in the U.S im talking about just the buggy body only. I know they not going to sell the buggy in the U.S.

This vehicle will only be available for purchase in Europe, UK, South Africa and Australia; this vehicle will not be sold in North America
When i say i hope they sell it in the U.S im talking about just the buggy body only. I know they not going to sell the buggy in the U.S.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Cylinder head looks very very Novarossi-esque (like the current Toro/+4 machine work/top fin).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.