R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-30-2011, 09:43 AM   #16
Tech Regular

that's why throttle return springs or elastics are usefull you don't have to keep pressure with the servo!
i leave a little bit of play so the servo DOESN'T hum.
gameholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:06 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameholic2 View Post
that's why throttle return springs or elastics are usefull you don't have to keep pressure with the servo!
i leave a little bit of play so the servo DOESN'T hum.
Now you're stressing the servo more while driving because it's has to pull the rubberband.

Anyway, the buzz that you while the servo is at the idle position is normal. You can hear the difference between a stressed servo and a servo that's slightly pushing on the spring. Servo's in a plane get a lot more stress than they do in our cars and they also survive.

Just make sure that your servo is in neutral position when the failsafe kicks in if you don't want a dead servo by accident.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:28 AM   #18
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgoth View Post
Now you're stressing the servo more while driving because it's has to pull the rubberband.

Anyway, the buzz that you while the servo is at the idle position is normal. You can hear the difference between a stressed servo and a servo that's slightly pushing on the spring. Servo's in a plane get a lot more stress than they do in our cars and they also survive.

Just make sure that your servo is in neutral position when the failsafe kicks in if you don't want a dead servo by accident.
The whole idea of the rubber band is to have a fail save even if the rx battery disconects the fact that it closes my carb shut is just a positive bi product.
I seriously doubt two thin elastics will stress a servo anymore than having pressure applied all the time keeping the carb shut...
gameholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:21 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark _australia View Post
Well does somebody want to post a tutorial on how to set endpoints and setup linkages so servo's aren't making noise and clicking away when not being used?
Bacically adjust your end points so there not binding, adjust throttle so there's about 1mm gap (called dead band) before it starts to pull on your carby from idle and set open to just past you restrictor, same with steering, work out where maximum travel from left to right then set your end points to stop the servo just before max travel so your not loading up the servo.

LRD- Australian distributor of Werks Race Blend 30% fuel. Dedicated solely to the supply of racing products for 1/8 scale nitro Rc. -lazrd.com.au-
Nitro Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:36 PM   #20
Tech Master

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:47 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameholic2 View Post
The whole idea of the rubber band is to have a fail save even if the rx battery disconects the fact that it closes my carb shut is just a positive bi product.
I seriously doubt two thin elastics will stress a servo anymore than having pressure applied all the time keeping the carb shut...
That's my point.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:19 PM   #22
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for all the throttle stuff fellas I can see how I did it is right - just thru logic and what the manual says.
Now what about steering somebody was talking about? I just adjust it so I get max turning
Mark _australia is offline   Reply With Quote