R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Upgrades for the Hyper 7 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/581700-upgrades-hyper-7-a.html)

Wallee 12-28-2011 11:07 AM

Upgrades for the Hyper 7

Looking for all possible upgrades for the 7, new engine, shocks, alum... Etc...

EatYoLegs 12-28-2011 02:05 PM

Don't waste your money on upgrades for that car. Honestly id just buy a. Ew buggy. Seriously tho it will be a waste to upgrade an old hyper 7

markkris 12-29-2011 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by Wallee (Post 10091514)
Looking for all possible upgrades for the 7, new engine, shocks, alum... Etc...

the first thing you will need is a new steering sevo. the rtr sevo will not last under any kind of abuse. instead of buying hopups spend the money on fuel, tires, and extra glow plugs. and practice driving weather a park,field, or on a track and learn the car and how to set it up for your driving style. which may require different shock and diff fluids. than when something breaks or wears out you can get the hop up parts that will make the car better for you to enjoy. hope this helps and good luck

ironzgti35 12-29-2011 07:44 AM

I would say servo's and maybe a better radio/receiver. I had a H7TQ and its one tough buggy. Aside from the elctronics I never had an issue. Its on the heavy side and can take a good bashing.

Wallee 12-29-2011 09:13 AM

Thanks I recently purchased it from a main, waiting on it to arrive. Gonna use it as a intro into buggies. Mostly bashing and learning to drive it on my track. When the time comes to get a competition buggy I will. Also the idea of letting it break then getting the upgrade is great as well! I just like to upgrade all my cars for fun.

jpz_67 12-29-2011 10:31 AM

The hyper 7 was a great buggy in its day. It will be a great beginner buggy. I raced the car for a long time. My only complaints when i raced the car were the shock shafts. They were only 3mm and would tend to break on the side that screwed in the plastic shock ends. Also any screws that thread into plastic, if the kits still come with the wood type screws replace them with machine screws. This only applies to the screws on the bottom of the chasssis. The wood screws will slowly back out and create problems. Other than that the car was very solid and reliable. Good luck.

Wallee 12-29-2011 10:39 AM

Thanks for that info I will definately check that out soon as I get the kit. Wood? really?

Wallee 01-04-2012 11:23 AM

Is there some better shocks out there for this one. I would like to get some 16mm.

vic_firth 01-05-2012 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Wallee (Post 10122971)
Is there some better shocks out there for this one. I would like to get some 16mm.

get Ofna/Jammin Big Bore 16mm ;)

Wallee 01-16-2012 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by vic_firth (Post 10128338)
get Ofna/Jammin Big Bore 16mm ;)

yeah I just seen these on amain will be upgrading to them soon!