R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-24-2011, 11:43 AM   #16
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

go fast and dont crash
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:51 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
go fast and dont crash
Both are much easier said then done Monty. But thanks..

And Fast is relavent to your perspective.. To a Newb I'm probably Fast, to the really fast guys, I'm just another obsticle on the track.. LOL
Old 12-24-2011, 12:58 PM   #18
Tech Prophet

il say this like i was mentioning before if your racing in a club level pro truggy class as long as you dont crash more than once you will qualify good more than that in a heat or a main you will never catch up ive notice.

Hobby Hut offroad, Mushroom bowl offroad, Fun Center raceway.
GS HOBBY , Stormer Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, RRP Hobby .
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:01 PM   #19
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
You would probably do much better if you don't take advice from guys you can run circles around
Old 12-24-2011, 04:34 PM   #20
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
You would probably do much better if you don't take advice from guys you can run circles around
?

Hobby Hut offroad, Mushroom bowl offroad, Fun Center raceway.
GS HOBBY , Stormer Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, RRP Hobby .
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:11 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default ok

I'm really not the fastest guy at the races, but I end up doing great in the main through sheer determination and experience.

One think I've noticed about qualifying over the years is worrying about the really fast drivers can make you suck.

It's all about confidence.

I try to focus on the track conditions throughout qualifying.

For example. The track may be really grippy and smooth during the first qualifier, and most of the time this makes the best times.

I am usually pretty calm during the first qualifier, and set my car up for the main. The fastest qualifier is usually the 2nd qualifier because you are used to the layout and can get in the groove quickly and make fewer mistakes.

the track is usually getting grooved up a little better but isn't dried out yet and most of the time this is my fastest qualifier.

The 3rd qualifier usually sucks no matter what. everyone thinks they are going for the world championship and the track is the driest of the day. so being calm and driving carefully helps get through it without breaking the car or your spirit. If it sucks, stay calm, get over it and put on a smile for the main event.

Be positive, and the track usually gets a little moisture after the sun goes down and is a bit faster, although more bumpy. Pick your lines as the day goes on for the main. and don't forget to lean it out a bit...

For big racers it's really tough to qualify for the A. So it really helps to practice as much as you can and get their early enough to make adjustments to the car....and get the feel for the layout. this seems to give the best chances for an A main qualifying run....

Do not worry about the fast drivers and what they are doing. If you want to win, you have to bring your own unique talents to the race, and focus on your strengths....Be positive.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:45 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by merdith6 View Post
I'm really not the fastest guy at the races, but I end up doing great in the main through sheer determination and experience.

One think I've noticed about qualifying over the years is worrying about the really fast drivers can make you suck.

It's all about confidence.

I try to focus on the track conditions throughout qualifying.

For example. The track may be really grippy and smooth during the first qualifier, and most of the time this makes the best times.

I am usually pretty calm during the first qualifier, and set my car up for the main. The fastest qualifier is usually the 2nd qualifier because you are used to the layout and can get in the groove quickly and make fewer mistakes.

the track is usually getting grooved up a little better but isn't dried out yet and most of the time this is my fastest qualifier.

The 3rd qualifier usually sucks no matter what. everyone thinks they are going for the world championship and the track is the driest of the day. so being calm and driving carefully helps get through it without breaking the car or your spirit. If it sucks, stay calm, get over it and put on a smile for the main event.

Be positive, and the track usually gets a little moisture after the sun goes down and is a bit faster, although more bumpy. Pick your lines as the day goes on for the main. and don't forget to lean it out a bit...

For big racers it's really tough to qualify for the A. So it really helps to practice as much as you can and get their early enough to make adjustments to the car....and get the feel for the layout. this seems to give the best chances for an A main qualifying run....

Do not worry about the fast drivers and what they are doing. If you want to win, you have to bring your own unique talents to the race, and focus on your strengths....Be positive.
Very well put +1 on that merdith6
offroad dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:51 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Quote:
Now that right there is funny, I don't care who you are!!!!!!

Mugen MBX6R/Airtronics M11X/Ninja Engines/Sidewinder Fuel/EB Mods
Slider30250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 08:59 AM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider30250 View Post
Now that right there is funny, I don't care who you are!!!!!!
Yes it is......
offroad dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:52 AM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Back when I use to race alot (dirt oval) I had pretty good luck at big races by going out in the 1st round of qualifying and just trying to put in a clean run, about 90% of what I thought I could do. Go fast in the fast/easy sections but just slow down a bit in areas that gave me trouble. I would usually put in a decent 1st round and give me something to build on. It took alot of pressure off for the next rounds. Nothing worse on the nerves than going into the last round without a clean/decent run.
CanyonCarverR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 03:20 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
That is funny James. The power of internet forums gives everyone a voice, even if it might be best if it wasn't heard..

The stuff I already do I skim over and move beyond, but I do hope that this little thread helps a few guys besides myself.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:24 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to porkchop Send a message via Yahoo to porkchop

well i going to tell you what help me most and you laugh at me it get on the stand and pratice in the allowed time and do more then 4 tanks. when i ran nitro i got into the habit run a few tanks and your good. but since racing eletric the more time i spend on the stand the better my racing goes
Old 12-25-2011, 04:05 PM   #28

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

practice practice practice that is the key.. dont get wrapped up on the pace you are running.. just run lap after lap the same.. in the end you will get better.. jeremy
Jeremy Whiting - serpent america - desoto racing - apicco race engines - RcRenew - jconcepts - Rc Pro Products - ko propo eurus - ko propo servos - VP PowerMaster Fuels - Answer-rc usa - advantage racing products - Parma/pse bodies - serpent 811 2.1 - 811t
J.Whiting is offline   Reply With Quote