Wiki Posts
Search

ProLine Tazer tyres?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 02:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default ProLine Tazer tyres?

Many of you guys used the new Proline Tazer tyres, they mention there good for loose dusty tracks. Whats your opinions of how they performed.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looks exactly like a Holeshot so I'd also be interested to know.

The advertising says for loose tracks, my idea of loose needs a Knuckles 2.0 or something so I gather they still mean manicured pro quality tracks just a bit looser....?
Old 12-20-2011, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mark _australia
Looks exactly like a Holeshot so I'd also be interested to know.

The advertising says for loose tracks, my idea of loose needs a Knuckles 2.0 or something so I gather they still mean manicured pro quality tracks just a bit looser....?
Revelation Raceway is a track that it was designed to work well on. Hardpack underneath with a loose top layer. Its nothing like a Holeshot as the pins are further apart and have horizontal bars, which makes it not clog up with dirt as much and have better forward traction. Think of it as a revised Sniper with overlapping pins and a different sidewall.

I've tried the tire and I would use it at a track like Revelation or ARC Raceway. Another tire that works well in most conditions is the Blockade, but if the track is too wet it will clog up the pins. My favorite all around tire is the Blockade for tracks in SoCal. I can run the same set for multiple race days and it always works well. Hope this helps
Old 12-20-2011, 10:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ive tested these tires for about a month now in the m4 compound here in GA and have had awesome results! The weather has been in the 50s lately. Ive found that these tires work well in hard-packed conditions with a little bit of dust on top. They also work well at night when moisture begins to come up and theres a little bit of loose dirt on top. The Tazers are basically a combination of a Sniper and Holeshot in my opinion. The Lugs are shorter than the Sniper and about as small as a Holeshot but are spread out more. The wide bars in the middle are New for more forward bite like 8ight-racer said. Very good tires!

I also have to agree with 8ight-racer about the Blockades. They are a good all around tire IMO. My favorite as well.

Eddy Cordoba
Old 12-20-2011, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 8ight-racer
Revelation Raceway is a track that it was designed to work well on. Hardpack underneath with a loose top layer. Its nothing like a Holeshot as the pins are further apart and have horizontal bars, which makes it not clog up with dirt as much and have better forward traction. Think of it as a revised Sniper with overlapping pins and a different sidewall.

I've tried the tire and I would use it at a track like Revelation or ARC Raceway. Another tire that works well in most conditions is the Blockade, but if the track is too wet it will clog up the pins. My favorite all around tire is the Blockade for tracks in SoCal. I can run the same set for multiple race days and it always works well. Hope this helps
I currently use the blockade, the track I run at is hard packed, loose and dusty, the blockade works well there, so was thinking the new tazer would work well.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:49 PM
Tech Adept

The Tazer perform better than the blockade and revolver 2.0 in what track conditions?
Old 02-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Ran the m3 Tazers the last couple of weeks, went well one set lasted through 6 5min heats but performance seemed to drop away quiet dramatically in the last heat, but was tricky conditions as after the track was watered and dried up conditions changed dramatically, could of been a factor,tread wear was down around 60%. Would definitely give them another go.