Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Mugen MBX6R or Associated RC8.2? >

Mugen MBX6R or Associated RC8.2?

Mugen MBX6R or Associated RC8.2?

Old 12-15-2011, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Heres my thoughts. First of all i consider myself to be a moogen fan boy so i'll go mugen. But the rc8.2 is a very nice looking buggy and i did almost try the .2 out. It's basically a tki2 by kyoshos for a cut price and parts imo last longer. My buddy drives for AE and loves the car, NO THERE NOT GARBAGE. If thats the case the Ryan's would be winning almost all large California races etc. The car is a major part in racing and most is ended from breaking. Both mugen and AE seem to have great durablility. The mugem i feel is slightly better in wear factor, but they have alot of little mods not stated that need to be done. Simple things like notch the arms to get the droop etc. Both cars are awsome though and either way you go its a win. Only factor other then that i see is the AE is real tune affective one little change seems to change alot. But both are very nice and fast cars.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I love my rc8.2 it drives well and seems to always land on its wheels. No broken parts yet. Go with the associated.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Why don't you try something different after owning all the 8th scale AE cars..
Old 12-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Your right on about the RC8s ive noticed that even my RC8T doesnt like to be driven smooth really it likes to be driven hard and driving hard into corners not to hard though but smooth at the same time it drives better and faster that way to me it seems.
Huh?

I think if you drive not too hard into corners but smooth at the same time, you can be fast with almost any brand.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My rc8b has been to hell and back. It took everything I had to give it like a champ.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by aptyk88 View Post
Stay away from the associated car they are garbage

You are lost in the sauce, I mean what other buggy is winning at this point at the BIG races not some little club race with 100 people there? Cav, and Maifield are winning all over. The only buggy out there to touch it is the Kyosho with Tebo running it. King is not bad either.

I own the AE RC8.2 also, best car I have had to date. And yes I raced Mugen for 6 year and was so loyal did not want to change just needed a new model and went to another car, and that led me here. Mugen diffs leak I dont car who says what. I tried this O ring, that one.....Crap load of grease all the same. Also the Parts get rusty very easy from crap that is in the dirt. Dont get me worng its a great car, but if you like doing alot of maint from week to week then Mugen is your bet. AE, this is the cleanest car I have every owned, and the diffs stay filled and consistant week after week. I only change oils now for bigger events and just hey I fill like it.

So don't post crap like that if you don't know.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:58 PM
Tech Adept

Right on Rob
Old 12-15-2011, 08:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by roblupo
Originally Posted by aptyk88 View Post
Stay away from the associated car they are garbage

You are lost in the sauce, I mean what other buggy is winning at this point at the BIG races not some little club race with 100 people there? Cav, and Maifield are winning all over. The only buggy out there to touch it is the Kyosho with Tebo running it. King is not bad either.

I own the AE RC8.2 also, best car I have had to date. And yes I raced Mugen for 6 year and was so loyal did not want to change just needed a new model and went to another car, and that led me here. Mugen diffs leak I dont car who says what. I tried this O ring, that one.....Crap load of grease all the same. Also the Parts get rusty very easy from crap that is in the dirt. Dont get me worng its a great car, but if you like doing alot of maint from week to week then Mugen is your bet. AE, this is the cleanest car I have every owned, and the diffs stay filled and consistant week after week. I only change oils now for bigger events and just hey I fill like it.

So don't post crap like that if you don't know.

The rc8s have been winning quite a few races at club tracks not just big races even i won a race with my RC8TCE electric. Its really the driver anyways but in my opinion the way a 1/8 scale is buildt and handles and balanced does matter also .
Old 12-15-2011, 09:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 54 (97%+)

AE is a good car. Mugen is a great car.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I just seen a race where there was only one RC8.2 & he beat everyone else with an extra lap. He was flying everywhere. Never broke where others including a Mugen broke an Aarm. The track was large & very technical. If u could c if u can drive a Mugen & Assoc. and c which one feels best to u. They r both good.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:02 AM
Tech Champion

Well, thanks for all the input guys. I'm still waiting to hear from this shop. Seems like RC8.2's have suddenly gone out of stock all over Germany. Apparently about 30 seconds before I ordered mine...

I think my foot is just too firmly planted in the Associated camp - clutch-bells, batteries, price, spare parts I already have, part availability, etc.. all speak for the RC8.2..
Old 12-16-2011, 02:08 AM
Tech Elite

Default well

I think both cars are awesome. Like mentioned before the associated carries the meanest corner speed I've ever seen has awesome shocks and suspension, the parts are inexpensive too. Every associated 8.2 I've watched and raced against was irritatingly calm, smooth and fast. On the other hand the Mugen simply lasts forever. Very few if any parts need to be replaced very often, and it can be tuned mild to wild in the steering department, and the car always lands on it's feet.... I can over jump anything and the car begs for more. Never broke anything....I can go longer between rebuilds than any buggy I've owned. even then it's just cleaning and replacing bearings.

Both cars are at the top of their game.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Well, thanks for all the input guys. I'm still waiting to hear from this shop. Seems like RC8.2's have suddenly gone out of stock all over Germany. Apparently about 30 seconds before I ordered mine...

I think my foot is just too firmly planted in the Associated camp - clutch-bells, batteries, price, spare parts I already have, part availability, etc.. all speak for the RC8.2..
Really, eh? I was always under the impression that Mugen was a dominant brand in Germany.

By the way, what part of Germany are you in?
Old 12-16-2011, 03:35 AM
Tech Champion

There is pretty decent Mugen availability, yeah, but partly because Associated just has more 1/8 offroad platforms - buggy, truggy, SC, and electric versions of all of them, there are just more parts out there. German ebay, US ebay, shops everywhere, etc.. I like to have an RC that is chopped on ebay (both ebays) so parts are super easy and cheap to get right away(OK not from the US, but here..), without having to ask about what's in stock here or there or whatever.. I currently have drawers full of LST2 and Associated parts, so I'm learning my lesson about always stocking up on parts I might never need. Better (and cheaper, and takes less space..) to be able to just order what you need and have it in two days. Instead of sending a mail an getting the answer in two days, which might just tell you you have to wait a week for the parts.. I have ZERO worthwhile LHS support btw. Everything online.

I'm in Saxony - the wild east..

So yeah, thinking Associated.. Some day though I have to have a Mugen or X-ray..

Now - next question - how crazy is this Fire 11 gonna' be in buggy?..

Last edited by Herrsavage; 12-16-2011 at 03:50 AM.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I run mugen but based on what you said about having parts already why not just get the associated..you already know what to expect. I mean what if the mugen doesn't work out for you at all then you try to sell it and lose money. If you were starting from scratch I'd suggest the mugen but since you already have a bunch of parts and can easily get parts for the associated go associated

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.