Wiki Posts
Search

(CSI) COMPETITION SUSPENSION INC.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mikey-B
Are you selling (gas) shocks for RC cars? or just updated parts for current shocks?

(pardon me if this is a dumb question)
No dumb questions here. They are CSI designed shock pistons.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CSI Shocks
Nice to see so much excitement about this product we have been working on for almost a year. It looks like Eric is doing an excellent job answering all your questions, I can also assist if needed. Please be patient with my response time we are working on our a new line of shock absorbers for full size cars as well continuously testing new concepts for the RC market. I will do my best to keep an eye on the forum. Can't wait to hear your feedback.

Garrett Andrews
Competition Suspension Inc.
Welcome to RC TECH Garrett.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

pistons for which shock will be avail 1st? eg Losi/AE/Mugen?
Old 12-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Read:

JQ - Associated - Losi -HB - Serpent - Mugen
Old 12-15-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Addict

Let's see now, what kind of story can I come up with on how the shock pistons are made. Going to have to think about that one a while.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:25 PM
CRP
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bentgear
Let's see now, what kind of story can I come up with on how the shock pistons are made. Going to have to think about that one a while.
Believe it or not, but we tested Ed. More importantly, CSI has an awesome group of guys that know a thing or two about shocks.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

any for 1/10th scale?? electric buggy is getting hot !
Old 12-15-2011, 09:53 PM
Tech Addict

I know, but I have to come up with one and save it for just the right time so I can top the heater story.

Look forward to giving the pistons a try. If I can get some test time on a track I would like to have them at the CBjr, but if not may have to play it by ear and see how much practice we will have since they are building only 1 track this year.

I know Mike got with you and should be sending you something shortly. Our setups are not that different.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Looking forward to trying these out. Love the fact that full size race car technology is making it's way to 1/8th scale! Keep up the great work.

Rich
Old 12-16-2011, 05:37 AM
CRP
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bentgear
I know, but I have to come up with one and save it for just the right time so I can top the heater story.

Look forward to giving the pistons a try. If I can get some test time on a track I would like to have them at the CBjr, but if not may have to play it by ear and see how much practice we will have since they are building only 1 track this year.

I know Mike got with you and should be sending you something shortly. Our setups are not that different.
Mike e-mailed detailed info last night. I will get with Garrett and see if there is anything we can do to help you out for the Chili Bowl. I will not make it this year, Josh has a new baby due the first of January.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:44 AM
CRP
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fireman rich
Looking forward to trying these out. Love the fact that full size race car technology is making it's way to 1/8th scale! Keep up the great work.

Rich
Thank's Rich... This is just the beginning of bigger and better things to come. Once we get our new web site up and running customers will be able to access info to assist them with any suspension or shock related problems or questions, just like the big boys do it!
Old 12-16-2011, 06:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Grand Papa Eric!

Man, your'e gettin' old

Bouncing that baby on your knee might require different dampening ratios.

Mike
Old 12-16-2011, 12:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Eric, I purchased one of your original engine warmers and can not say enough good things about it. Your knowledge and desire to produce R/C products that actually work the way they are designed to work is awesome. I am a customer for life. Again, looking forward to using the new shock pistons.

Rich

P.S. The tech help should be a huge advantage! looking forward to using that to it's full potential too.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:26 PM
CRP
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GatorNation
Grand Papa Eric!

Man, your'e gettin' old

Bouncing that baby on your knee might require different dampening ratios.

Mike
It's fine tuned already Mike with practice from the other grandchilderen,lol.

Garrett is in Illinois this weekend at a midget race (indoor) so I will get with him when he gets back to Indy.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:28 PM
CRP
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fireman rich
Eric, I purchased one of your original engine warmers and can not say enough good things about it. Your knowledge and desire to produce R/C products that actually work the way they are designed to work is awesome. I am a customer for life. Again, looking forward to using the new shock pistons.

Rich

P.S. The tech help should be a huge advantage! looking forward to using that to it's full potential too.
Great to hear Rich. The CSI pistons will start to ship next week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.