Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
(CSI) COMPETITION SUSPENSION INC. >

(CSI) COMPETITION SUSPENSION INC.

(CSI) COMPETITION SUSPENSION INC.

Old 03-24-2014, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by romanmotruk
and that stopped producing red? they are not for sale
maybe it's a trade secret, but what is the total area of ​​the holes, the Reds pistons which equivalent pistons with conventional holes, 8 * 8 * 1.3 or 1.4?
I don't own a pair of red pistons but holes of the blue Mugen piston are 1.0mm. The width of the Vport is also 1mm, not sure about the length, but I could meassure it for you if you want that.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yes, measure, as far as possible, if you please!

why no sensible instructions on the site, which side to put the caps in struts why this important issue is not mentioned anywhere????

Last edited by romanmotruk; 03-24-2014 at 07:07 AM.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:14 AM
CRP
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by romanmotruk
Yes, measure, as far as possible, if you please!

why no sensible instructions on the site, which side to put the caps in struts why this important issue is not mentioned anywhere????
When you purchase CSI pistons you get a set of instructions that give you the info your looking for, with the exception of port sizing. All pistons are back in stock as of today.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

Are the port sizes and piston holes the same size for all the 16mm pistons,and could you explain how different a 16mm shock feels/reacts with delrin square port vs aluminium square port please.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:46 AM
CRP
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fastboy
Are the port sizes and piston holes the same size for all the 16mm pistons,and could you explain how different a 16mm shock feels/reacts with delrin square port vs aluminium square port please.
Hole sizes for both the Blue Aluminum V-Port and Blue V-Port Delrin are the same. The Aluminum V-Port features a sealing band which eliminates blow by, providing increased damping performance both on track and in our dyno testing results.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

help me to understand, I think the last pistons are made so that upon compression piston was slower than in tension, or vice versa? I can imagine that this is sensitive information, but still I will explain
I ask a lot of questions, I'm curious to understand the meaning of ideas, not just to buy and put

Last edited by romanmotruk; 03-25-2014 at 07:17 AM.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

Ok thanks eric
Old 03-27-2014, 04:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs down 12mm Blue

Originally Posted by joykiller44
I bought the blue pistons for my B5m. I am NOT happy with them . I tried 30 -45 weight oil & all the associated springs.I went back to 1.4 3 hole tapered pistons.
I too have given up on my 12mm blue pistons. After looking at the holes very closely it appears that the tooling may have been spinning too fast thus melting the material and leaving flashing behind. Nearly none of the holes on mine are the same (yes I know 2 of the 4 holes are larger).

I too tried everything from AE 27.5 up to AE 37.5wt and I was unable to get enough pack with enough free travel in the shock. I tried AE rear White, Gray and BLUE. And on the front I tried AE Green, white and gray. Obviously with combinations between the two front and back. I ended up putting a drop of glue plugging up one of the small round holes in the rear pistons to try and get more pack and it helped somewhat, but I still felt they were unpredictable. I'm used to fancy pistons such as the fironi dual actions I use in my Pro4 Tekno and such, but I just couldn't get these to perform well for myself.

I've since switched back to the AE 1x1.6 pistons all around and I find it vastly better than the CSI's.

This is running at OCRC with about the best surfaces in indoor dirt hard pack racing.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:29 AM
CRP
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tropmonky
I too have given up on my 12mm blue pistons. After looking at the holes very closely it appears that the tooling may have been spinning too fast thus melting the material and leaving flashing behind. Nearly none of the holes on mine are the same (yes I know 2 of the 4 holes are larger).

I too tried everything from AE 27.5 up to AE 37.5wt and I was unable to get enough pack with enough free travel in the shock. I tried AE rear White, Gray and BLUE. And on the front I tried AE Green, white and gray. Obviously with combinations between the two front and back. I ended up putting a drop of glue plugging up one of the small round holes in the rear pistons to try and get more pack and it helped somewhat, but I still felt they were unpredictable. I'm used to fancy pistons such as the fironi dual actions I use in my Pro4 Tekno and such, but I just couldn't get these to perform well for myself.

I've since switched back to the AE 1x1.6 pistons all around and I find it vastly better than the CSI's.

This is running at OCRC with about the best surfaces in indoor dirt hard pack racing.
Wish you would have contacted us when you first purchased them a month ago and we would of taken care of you (exchanged). I definitely would not recommend plugging any of the holes to increase pack, most guys are running 32.5/35 Front and 27.5/30 Rear with great success.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CRP
Wish you would have contacted us when you first purchased them a month ago and we would of taken care of you (exchanged). I definitely would not recommend plugging any of the holes to increase pack, most guys are running 32.5/35 Front and 27.5/30 Rear with great success.
+1000000

Eric, and the guys at CRP put out very high qualiy stuff, but with any med-high volume production runs, there will be random quality rejects. Sometimes they're caught, sometimes not.

What is 100% accurate is that they have great customer support, and address quality issues right away.

If you find something that's potentially a manufacturing defect, don't just assume you have to deal with it.....send e-mails / PM's to CRP, and they'll get you squared away.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

so i got he blue pistons for the xb9e whats a good starting point
Old 03-31-2014, 03:30 PM
CRP
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by billsharp34
so i got he blue pistons for the xb9e whats a good starting point
37.5/35 Front

32.5/30 Rear

Ambient temps are going to play a key role with temps all over the board around the country this time of year.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Stubbs
+1000000

Eric, and the guys at CRP put out very high qualiy stuff, but with any med-high volume production runs, there will be random quality rejects. Sometimes they're caught, sometimes not.

What is 100% accurate is that they have great customer support, and address quality issues right away.

If you find something that's potentially a manufacturing defect, don't just assume you have to deal with it.....send e-mails / PM's to CRP, and they'll get you squared away.
No doubt! We haven't been running their stuff long but the customer service is top notch and the products are excellent. Great guys to work with
Old 04-17-2014, 02:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys I have a set of red pistons for my bmax4 ii
Any idea what I should start with oil wts f&r med grip rough track plz
Old 05-10-2014, 12:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I have a set of these for my 3.0. Now I have browsed and not found a definite answer.

Which side is the pack side.? There were no directions or info in the package, just pistons and a sticker sheet.

CSI-072-l-R squared v-port. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.