R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-12-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5
Default Which HoBao car should I get ? £400 or less

I'm not sure which one to get I would be using it for bashing
Gerrard1889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:08 AM   #2
Tech Fanatic
 
drstrangelove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Singapore
Posts: 867
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Ok, I'm no expert but I'm building up my Hyper Star now.

If you want to learn the parts (damn they have tons of it comparing to RC plane) than getting Hyper Star would be good since you are getting a new one. Its a kit and you have to buy the engine, tune pipe and other stuff.

If you want RTR, I saw Hyper 8.5 which I think looks good too. Thought of getting that since it's my first buggy but me being me, decided to go for the kit and try to build it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrard1889 View Post
I'm not sure which one to get I would be using it for bashing
__________________
Accepting sponsors who need to test their products durability :)
drstrangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:51 AM   #3
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drstrangelove View Post
Ok, I'm no expert but I'm building up my Hyper Star now.

If you want to learn the parts (damn they have tons of it comparing to RC plane) than getting Hyper Star would be good since you are getting a new one. Its a kit and you have to buy the engine, tune pipe and other stuff.

If you want RTR, I saw Hyper 8.5 which I think looks good too. Thought of getting that since it's my first buggy but me being me, decided to go for the kit and try to build it.
thanks for the reply

can i put any engine in it or does it have to be a specific one and what electronics do i need ?

thanks
Gerrard1889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:14 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic
 
drstrangelove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Singapore
Posts: 867
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

If you are getting the RTR version i.e. Hyper 8.5 they already come with the engine and all the electronics (but can't remember if they come with the transmitter, most probably they do).

If you want to get the kit which is HyperStar you will need to get your own engine, any brand of .21 engines. I'm using O.S. Speed model O.S.SPEED 21XZ-B. They have the newer one which is O.S.SPEED 21XZ-R.

http://www.os-engines.co.jp/english/...d/speindex.htm

You will need to get a tune pipe, servos (digital servos), receiver, transmitter, batteries and a lot of other stuff.

Talk to your local HS and they will be able to advise you and take them all down and post it here and I'm sure the guys here will be happy to advise you if whats recommended is good.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrard1889 View Post
thanks for the reply

can i put any engine in it or does it have to be a specific one and what electronics do i need ?

thanks
__________________
Accepting sponsors who need to test their products durability :)
drstrangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW AGAMA A8 BUGGGY rc_cal Nitro Off-Road 10213 07-13-2016 12:30 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:25 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net