R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-12-2011, 06:59 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Need help!!! (Nitro rc engine)

i have a OFNA ultra LX2 with the force .28 engine and i hear that a upgraded .21 engine can out run a .28 any day. i was wondering if there is a engine that was no more than the cost of 300 bucks that i can buy thats a .21 that will fit my ofna lx2 and still have the pull start capibility. i cannot affort a bump box at the moment but i need a different motor before the bump box. i like pull start anyways. thanks
BUCK_NASTY1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:05 AM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (95%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to loopedout

Dynamite Mach 2 .21 with pull start, can be found at most hobby shops for around 135. Good long lasting engine. Upper level engines will not offer a pull start option.
THD Custom R/C Products/Team Holy Rollers/Team Terribles
loopedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:13 AM   #3
Tech Rookie

thanks for the info . i just need a good racing engine that will hang with the guys at my local track and still offer a pull start feature . because they run the .21 that look to be the size of a .28.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:26 AM   #4
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

buy a Werks B5 and a starter box....seriously a starter box is a must if you want a high performance 21...any pullstart .21 is going to be a huge compromise and not make anywhere near the power of a bumpstart race engine
Old 12-12-2011, 07:34 AM   #5
Tech Master

Thats really your best option, a good engine and a used starter box can be had for under 300 easily.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:06 AM   #6
Tech Rookie

well say if i got a .21 engine with a bumpstart ...would i still be able to use the flywheel assembly and clutch bell from the force .28 on the .21 ?and would the .28 flywheel on the .21 engine work with the bump start? will any bumpstart work with the ofna ultra LX2 . i mean i just want a really good engine at a good price budget that will hang with the team associated, and losi's.i appreciate everyones help . like i know alot about nitro buggys but this is the first time i have swapped to a race engine
Old 12-12-2011, 09:18 AM   #7
Tech Master

yes flywheel and clutch will work, a new engine will come with a collet for the flywheel. Any bump start engine will work in that car. You will not have the handling advantages of a modern 1/8 buggy though. I in no way mean to put down the car you have but its an ancient platform, good solid car for a beginner but if you plan on racing which I take it that you are, you will be much better off with a better chassis. Handling first then hp.

if it were me, I would find a few more bucks and get something like this. good car, nice radio, two good engines, starter box, tires etc, smoking deal
losi 8ight 2.0 buggy cheep!
Old 12-12-2011, 12:04 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopedout View Post
yes flywheel and clutch will work, a new engine will come with a collet for the flywheel. Any bump start engine will work in that car. You will not have the handling advantages of a modern 1/8 buggy though. I in no way mean to put down the car you have but its an ancient platform, good solid car for a beginner but if you plan on racing which I take it that you are, you will be much better off with a better chassis. Handling first then hp.

if it were me, I would find a few more bucks and get something like this. good car, nice radio, two good engines, starter box, tires etc, smoking deal
losi 8ight 2.0 buggy cheep!
+1 Smoking good deal!

You can get a new Werks Racing .21 and an Ofna bump box for the budget you listed. Bump box is a must if you plan on racing regularly.
elex300 is offline   Reply With Quote