R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-10-2011, 09:26 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default What are your thoughts on the "HPI Firestorm 10T"?

I am thinking of buying a HPI Firestorm 10T, I would really like some in-depth information about the car, I would like to know information like :

Max speed
Durability
Reliability
Acceleration
Ect

The information would influence my decision alot, I would appreciate it alot if you could give me your thoughts

-Josh
Josh_ox3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
Tech Rookie

Default Firestorm 10T

You were asking about the Firestorm 10Ts....
They can take ALOT of bashing, they have amazing acceleration, low end and top end speed are much better than id thought theyd be... Top speed is maybe 40-45mph
a buddy of mine had the "Baja 5B SS" and when i had my firestorm about 4 1/2 months ago, it would spank that baja...

theres one on here i was looking at thats pretty nice.. Has ALOT of parts with it and is well worth it, i just dont have the money for RCs anymore..
Thats if youre interested in buying one, its on here..
Liljammer94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:47 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I had one for a couple months. It was a good truck for the most part, however I had some gripes that kept me from really liking it.

- Springs were way too soft
- Engine was hard to start and had decent acceleration, but not what i'd call fast
- Clutch is a bad design and really needs to be replaced with an aftermarket unit of some kind
- Darn near impossible to get to the LSN to adjust it

If i had fixed those items, i would have liked the truck much more. Its was very nicely built. Most of my gripes with it were minor except that i didnt really like the engine that well. I like my jato much better mainly because of the engine, but it also seems a little more durable (at least with the RPM arms/bumper it seems to be).

Overall, the firestorm is a good truck, and the engine may suit you perfectly. Id say it could use some small tweaks, but it is fun to drive and handles well.