R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-10-2011, 09:13 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default Question on starter car for newbie

Hello all. I spent about an hour checking out similar threads and I had a few questions. I have spent the past few weeks reading a lot of information. I am new to RC racing in general (dabbled a little as a kid). I am looking to get into it as we have a lot of property in the area I moved to (Nor Cal) that is perfect for off road racing and recreation. I am looking at 1/8th or 1/10th size. I don't want to go electric.

I need something that is RTR or a minimal build and that I can learn from, and eventually will allow me to graduate to some serious racing and building. I have had two enthusiast friends who recommended:

OFNA Ultra LX One RTR - 1/8th Nitro Buggy

From the reviews I have read, that is a "maybe" Buggy.

I am looking to spend about $450 max (new or used), but what I don't want is to have to piece something together from scratch the first time. I want fair durability and something that I can learn from. I have knowledge of general and electrical mechanics and engineering, so I know I can handle the hobby. I just need a place to start. In about a year, money will not really be an object, so my budget is only to start. Ideas? Thanks for the replies.
WindsorRacing is offline   Reply With Quote