Send a message via Yahoo to BigNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyebmx View Post
Right, right. Enjoy your car
Old 04-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #33
EJF
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Only time I break arms is when I come up short on a big jump and lawn dart with the wheel hitting the ground first. All cars break parts and have their quirks, I do wish mugen sold the arms individual, R and L, so you can just change the one thats broken.
EJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Settle down fellas!

Mugen is a bad a$$ buggy! To me has the best of all buggies wrapped up in one. Top notch all the way!!

The ONLY thing that could be "just alittle" better would be the lower front arms. No big deal though. They are strong for sure. But they can break alittle easier then the rest some of the other buggies out there. Yes it takes a big hit to break them.

There is nothing else that wears out fast or breaks on this buggy.

Sure it's drivers era that break the arms. But in 1/8 scale there will be some mess ups. I'm not the best but I do win some A mains at the local level. Most of the time Im not floundering around to much.

So if some makes a updated arm I will buy it. If not I will bolt up a new mugen arm and get back out there. Because this buggy is a blast to drive.
Russ G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:20 PM   #35
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

show me a kit without a issues i will stop r/c with that said learn to tune no engine problems learn to charge batteries no battery issues some parts that breaks may come from previous races that get overlook and may crack in another race but nothing is flawless in r/c that's my opinion i hear about bad clue transmitters bearings etc...i know we want a fix to these things but realize this its is and aways be about the $$$$$$$ so if you want to save money this may not the hobby and if you dont like the kit or whatever your issues is change and move on some have problems and some dont when i break a a arm i change and move on and try not break anything else but as long as i am racing a piece of metal combine with plastic reaching up to 20 to 30 mph with wood stands metal stakes cement blocks expects to break something as for the mistery breaks check your arms before and after every race i do some a arms may have hairline cracks and some guys may over tighten some parts on their kits also and it could be to loose so check these things and please aways play safe and do not forget to have FUN
Old 04-09-2012, 12:21 AM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNasty View Post
i have broken 2 lower arms and 2 upper fronts in a year and a half on buggy. i'm lucky to be able to race at some of the biggest, meanest, 8th scale tracks in the country. i drive like an idiot, to boot. pretty durable. if you are breaking buggy arms, you are probably tightening shock screws too much. they only need to be snug.

now as for the truggy....i've seen factory mugen guys break truggy arms on the starter box they are fragile, and need a different formula for the plastic.

i emailed RPM months ago about this, and they have no interest. let's face it, they make stuff for bashers and monster trucks.

if you race ebuggy and break arms, it's because that damn thing is heavy. and lame. come back to the nitro!
+1

The Buggy arms are fine, but the truggys need some serious work!
CarlCrocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:05 AM   #37
Tech Adept

It still amazes me that some racers still defend the Mugen truggy arms as being bulletproof

I have owned a number of MBX6's and MBX6T's. The buggy arms are fine but the truggy arms are a real concern on what, apart from the front lower arms, is a great truggy. The Mugens are very popular where I race and I have not met a single Mugen driver who does not accept that the front truggy arms are dodgy.

Quite simply, it is one of the universe's simple truths... The sky is blue, water is wet, women lie, 6T front lower arms are weak...
TRArena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:00 AM   #38
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Every arm I've seen which is many, breaks in the exact same spot, too. Definitely an issue but Mugen doesn''t care. They are making money off a part designed to fail. It keeps them and all their little retailers in business in these tough economic times...
Old 04-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #39
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Apparently MBX5T front lower arms are a direct fit as long as you order new swaybar link connectors. I ordered a set so lets see how these hold up when they come in.... Never really heard of people having problems with the 5T arms before.

Just broke another 6T lower arm this weekend doing a minor tumble at the track. Granted it was cold out, but still....thats my 3rd arm already!
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:57 AM   #40
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I tested the 5T arms already. They are slightly tougher but the droop screws don't line up so the handling isn't as good...
Old 04-15-2012, 08:14 AM   #41
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patxeik View Post
well i think that mugen really need to take care about this issue cause they are losing customers, like me and three more guys on my track. We all get the mugen mbx6 eco for christmans and all like the car but they are way too fragile, it breaks almost everything but the most front lower a-arms.

Today i manage to break two in less than 20 min, in the last one i just left up and get back home but before that i looked on the track floor and i found 6 front lowers a arms that we throw away when we get mad seeing that it is another arm.

Looknig for my next e buggy, yes it is a buggy not a truggy.
Get the Serpent 811b-e You won't have these problems anymore the car is so strong everywhere.
Maxthepersonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:13 PM   #42
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lose View Post
show me a kit without a issues i will stop r/c with that said learn to tune no engine problems learn to charge batteries no battery issues some parts that breaks may come from previous races that get overlook and may crack in another race but nothing is flawless in r/c that's my opinion i hear about bad clue transmitters bearings etc...i know we want a fix to these things but realize this its is and aways be about the $$$$$$$ so if you want to save money this may not the hobby and if you dont like the kit or whatever your issues is change and move on some have problems and some dont when i break a a arm i change and move on and try not break anything else but as long as i am racing a piece of metal combine with plastic reaching up to 20 to 30 mph with wood stands metal stakes cement blocks expects to break something as for the mistery breaks check your arms before and after every race i do some a arms may have hairline cracks and some guys may over tighten some parts on their kits also and it could be to loose so check these things and please aways play safe and do not forget to have FUN
Are you speaking English
Old 04-15-2012, 12:16 PM   #43
Tech Master

So what is the idea of this thread? Badmouth Mugen and promote Serpent?

There is no arm problem. This is an imaginary problem invented by some guy for personal reasons.

The Mugen MBX-6 is a bulletproof car. That's my experience.
Eivind E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #44
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjayjay1 View Post
Are you speaking English
no comment
Old 04-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #45
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have never owned the Mugen buggy, but I drove the truck for a long while. To say that there is no issue with Mugen front lower arms, both buggy and Truggy is pure ignorance. Its just one of the things that you deal with. Now I must say that the entire time I ran the truck I only broke 3 arms, but at the same time I have never broke an arm with any other kit...ever. Plus every single person I know or race with that drives a Mugen has broke multiple arms. As matter of fact my buddy (absolute awesome driver), broke an arm on his brand new 6r this weekend, first time with it on the track and within 10-15 minutes of practice time. No I'm not bashing Mugen I absolutely loved my 6T. Point blank Mugens have weak front lower arms, but are awesome cars. Either you stop wreaking, replace the arms whenever they break and don't b!tch, or switch brands. Oh and yes I drive a Serpent, but only probably because atty the time I bought it mugens were not available. Do I think the serpent is a better truck...now that I've had time with it yes, but that's jmo.
Boca Bearings-VP Pro USA
trimble is offline   Reply With Quote