R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-01-2012, 03:31 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4ftracer View Post
Have any of the guys complaining here tried boiling their arms when new?
We previously ran Mugen for over a year with no arm issues (unless it was deserving as others have stated).
Problem we had with our Mugens was fuel tank issues (flameouts in pit lane w/a gun)
Ironically, I don't see many complain about that, however I know of many that suffered the same fate...
Yep, I've boiled all of my arms.....didn't help much. I broke two sets of left arms (upper and lower) at my race yesterday.

The first one was dring practice, I got squirrly off a jump, and met a Losi coming the opposite direction in other lane. We hit front left wheels....my arms broke, his didn't.

Broken arms caused a DNF in my main as well. There was a large step up jump on the back corner of the track. I got caught up in some traffic, and had to slow down a bit right before the take off. I didn't have quite enough speed, and instead of clearing the top lip, like I had been doing, I nosed in about 8" from the top. The dirt was a little soft, and the wheel "mooshed" into the surface....yep, broke both left arms.

I had way more severe impacts with my O'Donnell, and didn't break arms. Don't get me wrong, I like how the Mugen handles WAY better than my OD, but it's just too fragile. I'm seriously considering trying out a Losi.....

Oh, and I had my first flame out after a pit stop yesterday.....never had that happen before, Mugen or O'Donnell.
Stubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #17
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

If RPM thought they could sell a meaningful amount of them, they'd make them. They don't so that should tell you that either there is not a big enough problem to make them believe they can sell them or they don't think they can make a stronger arm.

Notice that they have all but left the racing segment.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:39 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Mugen is the sh$t!!!! I have had almost every buggy made in the last 2 years. For me Mugen is the best handling car. In my opion Mugen and serpent make the most durable buggy. That said I would buy lower arms in a min. from rpm or anyone else that made a stronger set. I'm a average driver, I break the lower arms and not one other part on the Mugen buggy. I didn't break lower arms on the Losi, AE, hyper 9, Serpent, Durango, or the Kyosho. Yes I'm messing up a big jump to break the arms. But there are many more drivers messing that same jump up and they keep going.

If some makes a better arm I'm in! It sure won't hurt the car. And if they don't I'm still very happy with the Mugen.
Russ G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Anyone tried the s-works arms? Curious if they fit. I hear their plastics are really good. Of course that does nothing for the truggy guys.
rfleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:21 PM   #20
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I've owned Mugen cars in the past and never had problems but when I bought an MBX6T, I started breaking arms.

Not saying I'm the best driver in the world, but I've had many other 1/8th cars that hold up MUCH better.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:33 PM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Default Mugen Front Lowers

Even some of the very best brake Front Lowers on the MBX6/T

Here's a pic of Barry Petitt's Car.

The Arms suck, but what can you do? I love the way they drive.
Attached Thumbnails
RPM arms for mbx6-arms1.jpg   RPM arms for mbx6-arms2.jpg   RPM arms for mbx6-arms3.jpg   RPM arms for mbx6-arms4.jpg  
CarlCrocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:40 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
If RPM thought they could sell a meaningful amount of them, they'd make them. They don't so that should tell you that either there is not a big enough problem to make them believe they can sell them or they don't think they can make a stronger arm.

Notice that they have all but left the racing segment.
Yea I used to think the same way about RPM, but why on earth did they make RC8 Front and Rear A Arms right before the RC8.2 came out???

That makes absolutely no sense. First off, the RC8 arms dont break. Second, the RPM arms won't work on the RC8.2.
CarlCrocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:55 PM   #23
Dan
Tech Elite

Yeah, that didn't make any sense. I'll gladly pay the money for slightly more flexible RPM arms so that at least I know I don't have to baby it over the big jumps.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:57 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Well

I have been racing an MBX-6 for over a year, one of the jumps on our track had a big cement jump that throws the buggy about 9 feet in the air and 30 ft across, I have not broken one arm yet. actually I have not broken anything on that car.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:25 AM   #25
Tech Adept

I have broken 3 front arms and many parts more in just 2 months, in my opinion this is the the most expensive car that i have owned every time i jump im scared but yes i love love the way it drives
patxeik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #26
Dan
Tech Elite

The response I received from RPM after referring them to this thread:

"Dear Dan,
Thank you for sending us your RPM product suggestion for Mugen MBX6 a-arms. While we haven't had a chance to look into them just yet, I will be sure to forward your suggestion on to our product development department, although I'm afraid I have no idea if, nor when we may be able to produce them, if at all. Please continue to be patient with us and with a little luck, hopefully we'll have something for you in the not too distant future.
Take care and thank you for your interest and support of RPM products. If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to send us another e-mail."
Old 04-07-2012, 06:08 AM   #27
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by patxeik View Post
well i think that mugen really need to take care about this issue cause they are losing customers, like me and three more guys on my track. We all get the mugen mbx6 eco for christmans and all like the car but they are way too fragile, it breaks almost everything but the most front lower a-arms.

Today i manage to break two in less than 20 min, in the last one i just left up and get back home but before that i looked on the track floor and i found 6 front lowers a arms that we throw away when we get mad seeing that it is another arm.

Looknig for my next e buggy, yes it is a buggy not a truggy.
Jesus, I honestly am just gobsmacked at your statement.

I have ran the MBX6 for two years and I almost never break anything.

You claim "they are way too fragile, it breaks almost everything" - WTF?
In two years I've broken almost nothing. IN FACT THIS IS A BULLETPROOF CAR.
Then you go on to say "front lower a arms", what the hell are you guys doing in order to break them?
I have broken ONE. One single a-arm in two years.
That was when I ran full speed into a post. What are you guys doing to manage to break them?

I am just going to go straight out and say it: USER ERROR.
There is no way these arms will break UNLESS YOU RUN INTO SOMETHING SOLID.
And in that case it does not matter which brand you run, because it will break anyway.

Honestly, what are you guys doing to these cars??
There is no way these arms will break unless YOU RUN INTO SOMETHING SOLID.
Eivind E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to BigNasty

i have broken 2 lower arms and 2 upper fronts in a year and a half on buggy. i'm lucky to be able to race at some of the biggest, meanest, 8th scale tracks in the country. i drive like an idiot, to boot. pretty durable. if you are breaking buggy arms, you are probably tightening shock screws too much. they only need to be snug.

now as for the truggy....i've seen factory mugen guys break truggy arms on the starter box they are fragile, and need a different formula for the plastic.

i emailed RPM months ago about this, and they have no interest. let's face it, they make stuff for bashers and monster trucks.

if you race ebuggy and break arms, it's because that damn thing is heavy. and lame. come back to the nitro!
Old 04-08-2012, 02:08 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Mugen arms are not that good, but because some people dont break them there is no problem? Gotta love the rctech. They break. Customers leave. No worries

The car is good though.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:30 AM   #30
Tech Master

LOL @ rallyebmx, one person breaks an arm or two and then you want to claim that as the proof that "the arms are weak", it is simply not the case.
You're portraying it as the opposite.
The fact is 99% of all Mugen users have no problem with the arms.
Then on this forum the 1% appears and act real loud, I'm sorry mate, THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH THE ARMS. USER ERROR.

The Mugens are rife here, and nobody is breaking the arms.
Nobody.

Honestly if you are not running head on into solid objects there is no way the arms will break.
Eivind E is offline   Reply With Quote