Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xray XB9

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Got to test my car pretty good today with my setup adjustments, and I can definitely say the car is an improvement over my 2011 808. I got the car to feel as comfortable as my 808 felt, but the plus side is that I was able to push the car harder. Cant wait to put a race on it.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mcion
Got to test my car pretty good today with my setup adjustments, and I can definitely say the car is an improvement over my 2011 808. I got the car to feel as comfortable as my 808 felt, but the plus side is that I was able to push the car harder. Cant wait to put a race on it.
So the question is, how are the shocks?
Old 03-14-2012, 06:52 PM
Tech Adept

Well, the first day with my car was awesome! At the end of the day I felt really comfortable with the car and I got a great setup for a really smooth and grippy track (Mikes in Porter) and the only thing I messed with the whole day was shocks. I can say this car is a major improvement from my 2011. It is just so easy to drive and very consistent, and it accelerates so well. I'm gonna run on an outdoor track this weekend so I'll get to see how it is on two totally different tracks. Can't wait!

-Cade
Old 03-14-2012, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TX_Punisher
So the question is, how are the shocks?
Shocks are good so far, I do wanna put foams just in case
Old 03-14-2012, 09:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Shocks are good so far, I do wanna put foams just in case
Marcus,

Fioronis or Regular Xray Ones? My 2011 with AE Shocks plus the fioronis is so dialed. I hope I can Replicate with the XB9.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by oggietiu
Marcus,

Fioronis or Regular Xray Ones? My 2011 with AE Shocks plus the fioronis is so dialed. I hope I can Replicate with the XB9.
Yea I was feeling the same, My Fioroni's in the AE's felt really good also. I'm using the fioronis in my xray shocks now too, but was having a hard time getting the same shock feel, no fault of the new shocks, just was hard getting the fioroni's to work correctly with the xray shocks. I had to go much higher in oil weight to get the same feel i had in my ae shocks even though the tolerance is slightly tigher on the xray shock. For comparison, with AE shocks 425f/400r and with Xray shocks to get almost the same feel, 600f/525r, Car felt good with them though.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up Rear traction....

John,
Have you tried shortening the rear wheel base. I got mine hooked by taking the inside of the rear arm all the way forward. I detuned the front end and it was very good coming out of the corner.
Still has steering to give.
I'm making up some 6K oil for the center diff.
Give it a try and let us know.
TEX
Old 03-15-2012, 06:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Anyone using the foam inserts under the shock cap ?
Old 03-15-2012, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mazmorbid
Anyone using the foam inserts under the shock cap ?
Been running them since my buggy hit the ground. The user Tex1 has all kinds of shock trickery and this is one mod I have been running on my buggies for the past year.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tex1
John,
Have you tried shortening the rear wheel base. I got mine hooked by taking the inside of the rear arm all the way forward. I detuned the front end and it was very good coming out of the corner.
TEX
I have already tried running the arms in that position but it was while still running the wrong tires so I am going th try it again this weekend.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:44 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys, I'll be getting a XB9 tomorrow. My first kit from Xray.

What upgrades / options (if any) are needed after purchasing the kit? What are the common parts that you need for backup?
Old 03-15-2012, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
yes, that is a huge change there, and it sounds like just what you are describing, keep thread posted, id like to know how it turns out for you..
I thought this to be the case when running the 11 808. When I ran +1 hubs front and +2 rears the car was super stable, but seemed to lose a little traction. Just my observations. Of course I had to keep the +1 on the front with the 5 degree inclined spindles, but not necessary with the XB9 so stock offset is what I will try.

How's everyone liking the shocks? They built well for me and seem to give the car the added droop I was looking for. The shocks do seem a little soft to me with 500cst 8hole-1.2 front and 600cst - 8hole 1.3 rears, but I haven't put mine on the track yet. A painting project has set me back, but I did manage to put 13 gallons of paint of the house walls and build the whole kits within 3 days
Old 03-15-2012, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rfleck
I thought this to be the case when running the 11 808. When I ran +1 hubs front and +2 rears the car was super stable, but seemed to lose a little traction. Just my observations. Of course I had to keep the +1 on the front with the 5 degree inclined spindles, but not necessary with the XB9 so stock offset is what I will try.

How's everyone liking the shocks? They built well for me and seem to give the car the added droop I was looking for. The shocks do seem a little soft to me with 500cst 8hole-1.2 front and 600cst - 8hole 1.3 rears, but I haven't put mine on the track yet. A painting project has set me back, but I did manage to put 13 gallons of paint of the house walls and build the whole kits within 3 days
The stock springs are too soft for my liking. I know Cade settled on the blue or purple springs forget which, when he tested yesterday. The shocks seem to do well for me so far. I wanna test the foams with drilled holes, but unfortunately there are no spares available in the US yet.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tex1
John,
TEX
PT doesnt make 6k?, site says they do.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

The stock springs are too soft for my liking. I know Cade settled on the blue or purple springs forget which, when he tested yesterday. The shocks seem to do well for me so far. I wanna test the foams with drilled holes, but unfortunately there are no spares available in the US yet.
The blue greys were working for me. I dont like a really hooked up car that I cant break loose. And I found that that happened when I put the Kyosho light blue springs on hte car. At the same time I dont like a really loose car, and I thought that with the Blue Grey springs I could break loose when I wanted to, but be stuck to the track in the areas I needed to be. It may not work for others just because everyone has a different driving style. But I liked it!

Here is my setup fomr yesterday - http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...D=34&setup=xb9

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.