Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xray XB9

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 12:55 PM
Tech Addict

Yes, I know some drivers dont like them. But I´ve been told that they work, just a bit different than what they are used to with the straight hole ones.

I still think straight hole pistons are the "better" in a way that at least we know more or less how they will behave, but I´m curious on how they will work in the XB9
Old 07-17-2012, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I remember seeing someone post about how they're using their 2 and 3 stripe springs, does anyone remember what it said?
Old 07-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HH
I would suggest trying these Kyosho 1.2 x 8-hole tapered pistons with the straight holes.

I have had several Kyosho drivers tell me to stay away from the Kyosho SP pistons with the angled holes because "they are crap", although I have never tried them myself. So.. just passing that along.. for whatever its worth.
Heard the same. They supposedly work on a smooth track but not so much on a rough one.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Cade tested and raced with both this past weekend In Houston at Mikes using different size pistons and shock oils. He will have to tell you the combinations though. We also used them two weeks ago at our home track two weekends ago. At our home track we ran 3 stripe up front and 2 stripe in the rear. I he has really liked both combinations so far

We plan on trying a few combinations Friday during ptactice in Carrolton. Last year the track was already blown out before we even got to practice, so we don't know what to expect this year. We actually like a track when it gets in that condition anyway.

Originally Posted by B00t13g
I remember seeing someone post about how they're using their 2 and 3 stripe springs, does anyone remember what it said?
Old 07-17-2012, 01:52 PM
HH
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OleC
Yes, I know some drivers dont like them. But I´ve been told that they work, just a bit different than what they are used to with the straight hole ones.

I still think straight hole pistons are the "better" in a way that at least we know more or less how they will behave, but I´m curious on how they will work in the XB9
Please report back with what you find if you do give the SP's a try.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:25 PM
Tech Addict

http://blog.jconcepts.net/2012/07/ne...innisher-body/
Old 07-17-2012, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

^meh it's ok. I'm super pumped for the biddy body!
Old 07-17-2012, 07:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Are there any REAL photos of the Biddy body out yet? All I found was that black body with the rear half darkened so that you can't see much.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HH
Please report back with what you find if you do give the SP's a try.
Will do
Old 07-18-2012, 04:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

The Biddy stuff looks great, but they are so thin that it affects the durability. They don't last as long as some of the others.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jonw
Cade tested and raced with both this past weekend In Houston at Mikes using different size pistons and shock oils. He will have to tell you the combinations though. We also used them two weeks ago at our home track two weekends ago. At our home track we ran 3 stripe up front and 2 stripe in the rear. I he has really liked both combinations so far

We plan on trying a few combinations Friday during ptactice in Carrolton. Last year the track was already blown out before we even got to practice, so we don't know what to expect this year. We actually like a track when it gets in that condition anyway.
Yah, I started out with 3 stripes in the front and 2 stripes in the rear at Mikes, but I thought that the 2 stripes in the rear were too soft and that was causing the car to bottom out before jumps and make my car go nose over end. I think that the 2 stripes in the rear will be good for a rough track. The next day I switched over to the 3 stripes all the way around and my car was AWESOME!!!

Looking forward to testing some more setups this Friday!

-Cade
Old 07-18-2012, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cade
Yah, I started out with 3 stripes in the front and 2 stripes in the rear at Mikes, but I thought that the 2 stripes in the rear were too soft and that was causing the car to bottom out before jumps and make my car go nose over end. I think that the 2 stripes in the rear will be good for a rough track. The next day I switched over to the 3 stripes all the way around and my car was AWESOME!!!

Looking forward to testing some more setups this Friday!

-Cade
Thanks man! I'm curious to see what you think, I'm starting with the 3 stripe front 2 stripe rear. It felt really good the day before the track was torn down!
Old 07-18-2012, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Cant seem to find much info on the newer progressive, does anyone have a link to some info on them of know the specs.

I have the original progressives which in the front are 0.7-0.8 rate, what are the rates on the other progressives?
Old 07-18-2012, 09:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by B00t13g
Thanks man! I'm curious to see what you think, I'm starting with the 3 stripe front 2 stripe rear. It felt really good the day before the track was torn down!
I think that setup is great for a rough track, or just an outdoor, loose track, but the 3 stripes all the way around were dialed on a smooth, high grip track. I will be testing a lot of different pistons and shock oils on Friday, so come by our pits if you have any questions or just wanna hang out!

-Cade
Old 07-18-2012, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cade
I think that setup is great for a rough track, or just an outdoor, loose track, but the 3 stripes all the way around were dialed on a smooth, high grip track. I will be testing a lot of different pistons and shock oils on Friday, so come by our pits if you have any questions or just wanna hang out!

-Cade
Same findings here with the 3 Stripes, good on high bite, but not so good on a loose track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.