R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-09-2012, 07:31 AM   #1591
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonw View Post
We use Xray bladders and foams with no issues.
Good to hear. I have Xray foam coming with my XB9 this week. I'm going to run the stock setup except for the foam/cap vents, and full droop.

I know it's going to understeer on entry on my slick track. So I likely have to raise the front camber links, use 1.1 pistons in the rear with stiffer springs, add bumpsteer, reduce rear antisquat.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #1592
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I cant help but notice all the bladder talk. There is nothing wrong with the xray bladders, maybe someone received a bad batch or something. I have 4-5 gallons on my car with the original bladders. And that is using foams with vented caps.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:27 AM   #1593
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

We have tested two shock setups, all stock Xray and Kyosho springs with Kyosho pistons. Both setups have given us great results. Cade should have his setup sheets posted for both. The new shocks are a great improvement.

We have also played with the flex setting too. We normally end up with medium flex everywhere we run. The XB9 has been great for us this year. The one thing that Cade always says is how easy and fun it is to drive. We also get alot of compliments on how planted the buggy is.

Keep up the posts on what you guys are trying, fun to read through and see hiw different things work.

Thanks RC America and Xray for all the help and support.
RCAmerica | Xray | Hudy | Pro-Line Racing | Airtronics l Avid | Powermaster Racing Fuels | StickIt1 Racing | BUKU | Red Rock Hobbies
jonw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:33 AM   #1594
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

+1. We constantly change shock oils and haven't had a problem yet. The Xray foams fit perfectly in the caps. Easier than trimming the Losi foams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpz_67 View Post
I cant help but notice all the bladder talk. There is nothing wrong with the xray bladders, maybe someone received a bad batch or something. I have 4-5 gallons on my car with the original bladders. And that is using foams with vented caps.
RCAmerica | Xray | Hudy | Pro-Line Racing | Airtronics l Avid | Powermaster Racing Fuels | StickIt1 Racing | BUKU | Red Rock Hobbies
jonw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #1595
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quick questions as I am new to Xray, I just got in my rear progressive springs since the fronts were out of stock. Are they suppose to be as short as they are? Not used to having to set so much pre load to get the correct ride height. My next question is what do you guys think about using the stock fronts (silver) that come with the xb9 and the rear progressives until i can get the fronts? I have some kyosho light blues as well but just trying to get some input.

Would you guys stick with the stock oil and piston setup with this spring setup? I don't have any xray oils so i would have to convert if you guys have any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

RC America / Xray Xb9
pl_unc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #1596
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Quote:
+1 Well said.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:32 PM   #1597
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
I agree. I used to use the xray ones in my mugen before i started running xray.
They work great

www.tixracedevelopments.com
Thanks go to my sponsors. HEI. Proline. Xray. Plaig Bearings. Thunder Innovations
TIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:15 PM   #1598
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonw View Post
We have tested two shock setups, all stock Xray and Kyosho springs with Kyosho pistons. Both setups have given us great results. Cade should have his setup sheets posted for both. The new shocks are a great improvement.

We have also played with the flex setting too. We normally end up with medium flex everywhere we run. The XB9 has been great for us this year. The one thing that Cade always says is how easy and fun it is to drive. We also get alot of compliments on how planted the buggy is.

Keep up the posts on what you guys are trying, fun to read through and see hiw different things work.

Thanks RC America and Xray for all the help and support.
Hey jon, when you say medium flex setting which screw do I have to remove from the side guard to set it up with medium flex?
oggietiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #1599
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl_unc86 View Post
Quick questions as I am new to Xray, I just got in my rear progressive springs since the fronts were out of stock. Are they suppose to be as short as they are? Not used to having to set so much pre load to get the correct ride height. My next question is what do you guys think about using the stock fronts (silver) that come with the xb9 and the rear progressives until i can get the fronts? I have some kyosho light blues as well but just trying to get some input.

Would you guys stick with the stock oil and piston setup with this spring setup? I don't have any xray oils so i would have to convert if you guys have any suggestions. Thanks in advance!
I got both progressive and yes the rear is uncomfortably short in appearance but in performance I really like it better than using the Kyosho light blue. Dont be concern about the preload I am about 14 mm to get to there I want my ride hieght to be which is about 29 mm. You can get way with using the front silvers nothing wrong with it. But from experience I like using the bigger hole piston and using heavier oils. It just feel planted for me everywhere in my local tracks. I dont what you run on but the box setup is pretty good already.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:38 AM   #1600
Tech Initiate

Is there any other body that fits the chassie? I guess there will be some 3d party bodies coming soon. Hard to find an original body around at the moment.
PatrikAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:13 AM   #1601
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by oggietiu View Post
Hey jon, when you say medium flex setting which screw do I have to remove from the side guard to set it up with medium flex?
Take a look in the manual page 40

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...p?file_id=8332
I miss you Amy...
Lille-bror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #1602
Tech Master

XB9 is the KING!. Damn, its a good car! At a race this Sunday, I was (and still is) very impressed with the performance of the car. My car had so much turn-in so I thought several times, at the rear would loose tracktion. But it didn't! WOW! The track was a nice US style track, and it was so easy to control the car on (and after) the big jumps. If anyone would be interrested, you can see my setup here:

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...D=94&setup=xb9

Password is 1234.

Ran Hot Bodies Megabite tires. If you haven't tried them, you should
I miss you Amy...
Lille-bror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:08 PM   #1603
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lille-bror View Post
XB9 is the KING!. Damn, its a good car! At a race this Sunday, I was (and still is) very impressed with the performance of the car. My car had so much turn-in so I thought several times, at the rear would loose tracktion. But it didn't! WOW! The track was a nice US style track, and it was so easy to control the car on (and after) the big jumps. If anyone would be interrested, you can see my setup here:

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...D=94&setup=xb9

Password is 1234.

Ran Hot Bodies Megabite tires. If you haven't tried them, you should
Thanks for the link Bud! I am enjoying my XB9 too. I hope ill do good in our upcoming national event. The car is great, I dont know about the driver..!
Old 05-11-2012, 01:57 AM   #1604
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oggietiu View Post
I got both progressive and yes the rear is uncomfortably short in appearance but in performance I really like it better than using the Kyosho light blue. Dont be concern about the preload I am about 14 mm to get to there I want my ride hieght to be which is about 29 mm. You can get way with using the front silvers nothing wrong with it. But from experience I like using the bigger hole piston and using heavier oils. It just feel planted for me everywhere in my local tracks. I dont what you run on but the box setup is pretty good already.
+1 .
i have the xray progressives on the back, and also had to use a lot of preload to get 28mm ride height, there is nothing wrong with it its just how the springs are, but they are good and an improvemnt over stock, i used to have problems with chassis slap cos my track has short landings, and with these springs its much better but still planted round the rest of the track.

initially tried with stock pistons and 37wt oil but went up a bit last week and feels better
olixmb4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:36 AM   #1605
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey on the 12 degree caster blocks...shouldn't they show the number 12 on the caster block somewhere? i just received some caster blocks but they only have the letter x on them...