R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-10-2011, 09:05 PM   #76
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakmazter View Post
At the end of the day for us, sponsored drivers do not really make us any money
So if sponsored guys dont make you any money, why sponsor them? Isnt it their job to promote and sell your product so you CAN make money? Its all advertising. you wouldnt give your stuff away at cost or a small markup if you didnt think there was going to be any return on your investment. if so, then thats poor business.

Plain and simple, if companies didnt make any money from sponsoring drivers, then there would be no "sponsored" racers.
AFX Fab
Lancebuilt Hobbies
Cory B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:09 AM   #77
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

We are interested in adding a few more drivers.
rm25x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:22 AM   #78
Tech Elite

I very specifically said that there is a potential return on investment, but maybe that got deleted when I got timed out for writing a long post.

Here is the deal, I get a guy out there racing weekly that is in the pits that people can see his car(s) on and off the track. This spurs interest and maybe we get a store to pick it up, or maybe someone else at that track picks it up as a retail customer.

Either way, it is far better having someone out there running the cars week after week as a testimony to the quality of our cars as opposed to having it collect dust on a shelf of a store with an hourly kid saying that the Losi is better because it is an easier sell for him.
Semi-Retired from this industry at this time.
hakmazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:38 AM   #79
Tech Elite

I was just trying to present the other point and defend the idea that "Caster" gives out sponsorships like candy and gets rich off the backs of our team. It was offensive when our company is the farthest in the industry from that fact.

But yes, we do offer sponsorships, yes, there are rules and regulations, and yes, we do not play the game of 50 off some crazy made up pie in the sky price, and finally, yes, our sponsorships are just as much of an experience as it is anything.

You get to be involved in a way that is unprecedented in the industry. Is it work? Maybe. Is it fun? I hope so. Is it a stepping stone or learning experience? Absolutely.

Our cars are so much better than they were because of our sponsorship programs, so that is also a big perk for us, and hopefully, they get rewarded with a good deal and a fun experience. Other than that it is all just racing cars for fun.

I have a few guys in Nevada that are really lighting it up running Caster products. Those guys in that area know we are no longer a joke or a generic Mugen.
Semi-Retired from this industry at this time.
hakmazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:35 AM   #80
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakmazter View Post
I was just trying to present the other point and defend the idea that "Caster" gives out sponsorships like candy and gets rich off the backs of our team. It was offensive when our company is the farthest in the industry from that fact.

But yes, we do offer sponsorships, yes, there are rules and regulations, and yes, we do not play the game of 50 off some crazy made up pie in the sky price, and finally, yes, our sponsorships are just as much of an experience as it is anything.

You get to be involved in a way that is unprecedented in the industry. Is it work? Maybe. Is it fun? I hope so. Is it a stepping stone or learning experience? Absolutely.

Our cars are so much better than they were because of our sponsorship programs, so that is also a big perk for us, and hopefully, they get rewarded with a good deal and a fun experience. Other than that it is all just racing cars for fun.

I have a few guys in Nevada that are really lighting it up running Caster products. Those guys in that area know we are no longer a joke or a generic Mugen.
im not sponserd at all i just simply put what i own for when i post in a trhead like the d8t one the guy that im talking too know i own one and im not just saying stuff i persanlly think i like too many cars to be sponserd for these reasonLet me for shourt cousr i like the new sc104x4 tuggy class is my d8t and monster/sportmen is my t maxx buggy class i would like to try out the losi
Hotbodies D812
Hotbodies ve8 Tekin 2050
imrob is offline   Reply With Quote