R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-07-2011, 04:24 PM   #46
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
some of your sponsored drivers are fat and slow but I do appreciate your loyalty!
You my friend are a great ambassador to our sport..I am proud to have you as a member of our Team no matter how slow you drive !..Plus 10% off on every Nick joke you invent that makes me laugh !
Old 12-07-2011, 05:41 PM   #47
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
I tend to give my loyal repeat customers better deals on their products, instead of giving out good deals to guys just because they are fast drivers.... If anyone is going to be taking bread off my table I would much rather it be by a loyal customer who has supported me along the way..... reward those who deserve to be rewarded....... Not saying having a fast driver under my banner is a bad thing, but truth be told my most successful sponsored drivers all started off as retail customers !

Neal, I love that attitude. Wish more would do that and I believe that is how you should earn a sponsorship when you are not the fastest of the fast.

Passion should always earn something. Also, sigs are meaningless and has been said many times over. "used as a statement of loyalty"

If I have a ? About clockworks, I will give more credo to someone that has actually used it.
Proudly using: Spektrum DX4R, Viper-RC Electronics, Reedy Batteries, & Pro-Line
Cancer Sucks
willbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:33 PM   #48
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
some of your sponsored drivers are fat and slow but I do appreciate your loyalty!
Lol!

If you're in control, you're not driving it fast enough!

XRAY / NOVAROSSI / SANWA / AKA TIRES / BYRON FUEL
ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:25 PM   #49
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbe View Post
Neal, I love that attitude. Wish more would do that and I believe that is how you should earn a sponsorship when you are not the fastest of the fast.

Passion should always earn something. Also, sigs are meaningless and has been said many times over. "used as a statement of loyalty"

If I have a ? About clockworks, I will give more credo to someone that has actually used it.
Thank You

I don't have the pockets to compete with the big boys, but I will do everything in my power to take care of my guys...even talking to Australia in the middle of the night ! doesn't matter, I am always here for my guys.....
Old 12-08-2011, 07:27 AM   #50
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganymede View Post
Technically and legally speaking, I am sponsored by credit card companies until I pay all my bills in full.
Thats freakin awesome
FYI - team member opportunities open/ be advised we only accept applications from drivers over age 47, w/ decreased vision, slowed reflexes & reaction time, debilitating physical injuries acquired from over work, old age or prior lapse in judgment of capabilities!
CHOAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:07 AM   #51
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Peralta View Post
I was always taught that credit cards are for real life emergencies. A hobby is something you pay cash for, or live without until you can pay cash for it.......
Not true some use in different ways me I use my cards daily for everything possible for flight points and pay it off each month. Great way to fly for free
Old 12-08-2011, 08:21 AM   #52
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
You my friend are a great ambassador to our sport..I am proud to have you as a member of our Team no matter how slow you drive !..Plus 10% off on every Nick joke you invent that makes me laugh !
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:24 AM   #53
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjayjay1 View Post
Not true some use in different ways me I use my cards daily for everything possible for flight points and pay it off each month. Great way to fly for free
Good for you!!! Unfortunately you are probably the minority in this situation! Majority of people with credit cards pay only the minimum payment yet pile on things they want not need....... Ever seen the national average for what people owe to Credit Card companies? They don't stay in business because they give away free flights and people pay off their balance in full every month.

Essentially what you are doing is the same as paying cash for it, because you know you can pay it off in full at the end of the month.
Chris Peralta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:21 AM   #54
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Peralta View Post
Good for you!!! Unfortunately you are probably the minority in this situation! Majority of people with credit cards pay only the minimum payment yet pile on things they want not need....... Ever seen the national average for what people owe to Credit Card companies? They don't stay in business because they give away free flights and people pay off their balance in full every month.

Essentially what you are doing is the same as paying cash for it, because you know you can pay it off in full at the end of the month.
Yup. I have seen countless people and businesses fail using credit cards and charge accounts.
I use neither for either of my businesses. Tougher to run/manage them but makes for a strong company. I guess thats why www.racemugen.com continues on where so many have fallen in this horrid economy.
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:25 AM   #55
Tech Regular

This is a great topic just had a encounter with a young man who supposedly is sponserd by novak some bearing company and the local hobbyshop and a couple others i cant remember.So this kid is a very good driver but not the best i ever seen but he goes from track to track in my area braggin how great he his how many sponsers he has and treats no one with any respect i wheel with only one hand and every time this kid sees me he comes after me with all his disrespect sayin stuff like im gonna beat u good today and i told u i was faster it just never ends asks for help then says im wrong im like dont bother me then.So lost it on him told him off i know that it was the wrong response but im 40 years old and i refuse to let some 17 year old punk bully me around when im tryin to enjoy my fun everywhere i been almost all the 50percent sponsered guys are d bags and shame on these mfg for helpin out guys that treat other racers like that makes me want to sell all my shit and find a new hobby
Sponsors Sheila's Jewlery and Loan me myself @ I Race Team,Stuff I choose to use, Kyosho,O.S ,Hi Tech, Airtronics,,AKA ,Orion, VP,Fuel,Track,G's raceway,McGhee"s custom paint for keeping my buggy"s lookin good!
killa B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:06 PM   #56
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa B View Post
This is a great topic just had a encounter with a young man who supposedly is sponserd by novak some bearing company and the local hobbyshop and a couple others i cant remember.So this kid is a very good driver but not the best i ever seen but he goes from track to track in my area braggin how great he his how many sponsers he has and treats no one with any respect i wheel with only one hand and every time this kid sees me he comes after me with all his disrespect sayin stuff like im gonna beat u good today and i told u i was faster it just never ends asks for help then says im wrong im like dont bother me then.So lost it on him told him off i know that it was the wrong response but im 40 years old and i refuse to let some 17 year old punk bully me around when im tryin to enjoy my fun everywhere i been almost all the 50percent sponsered guys are d bags and shame on these mfg for helpin out guys that treat other racers like that makes me want to sell all my shit and find a new hobby
Dont be afraid to slap some people upside the head! You would be surprised what a good smack will do to straighten people out
Old 12-09-2011, 01:09 AM   #57
Tech Master

I'm also sponsored by my bank account/ credit card and make sure i repay them by the end of the month
Jazz, we have one sponsored guy who thinks he is god's gift to the RC community, he is very very good, but just has this aura around him.....he just seems full of himself, even if you have a race with him on track for 4 corners from the start...it technically is still for position, although we know he''ll probably beat us by 15 laps at the end of a long main. He gets visually/vocally annoyed hahaha, i love pissing them off. thats usually the problem with these bum-fluff < 20 year olds i've found..how does eddie izzard say..they need a good "punch of the bracket" and ill gladly comply
Old 12-09-2011, 04:45 AM   #58
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa B View Post
If this kid is acting in such a manner consistently, the companies that sponsor him need to know it's happening. An e-mail from you, and any other folks that have witnessed this, would be appropriate. This type of behavior not only presents a negative impression of the person, but also reflects poorly on his sponsors.

Just because a driver isn't on the "factory team", does not mean that they do not have an obligation to act in a professional manner. It would be very interesting to see how much trash he talks after some, or all, of his sponsors tell him to take a hike.....
Stubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:23 AM   #59
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Signature

Cool conversation. I thought the signature spot was just to put what you wanted. I just list the models that I race. Honestly, I never thought that all of the signatures that i see and read meant that the person was sponsored. Matter of fact with all of the creative screen names that you see on here no one knows who you are anyway.
simptek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:51 AM   #60
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I sponsor Paypal and Paybay, but they don't put my name on any of their gear.
drpower is offline   Reply With Quote